What You See When Broke Down.....

Diceman

was in Shakespere today at the Esso station , was broken down, don;t ask..lol....had to wait for 45 minutes for my tow.....I got to watch a cluster fu**!!!!...2 guys came in with Ski Doos and got gas.....they were under 30 for sure....after gas they jumped on the sleds and for some reason kept jumping back and fourth across hwy 8...they would pin it and jump the banks jumping half way across hwy 8....must of done it 8 times....over half the times they did it with cars approaching very close...then when they left the area they peeled across a guys front lawn that has no sled signs on it...then bone heads number 2 showed up.....4 sleds pull in to get gas....they all fill ...then 2 cars pull up also to get gas......as the 2 cars fill they go to pay...the sled drivers come out, start their sleds and go to turn around....as the drivers of the cars( 2 older women ) were walking across back to their cars...all 4 sleds go whipping in front of them(maybe 3 feet away) without even slowing down in front of them.....the ladies were not impressed.....dorks number 3 came riding in front of the resturant beside the Esso station.....all 4 riders jumped the ditch onto the parking lot without even looking...2 cars had to hit the brakes or they would of toasted the sleds.....I mentioned to the young lads to watch out and they said whatever......I saw all this in less than 45 minutes.....imangine what happens in a day over Ontario......I must say in closing that I watched everyone of those sledder gas up with helemts off and all were under 30 years of age...not saying all sledders under 30 are like that but the 10 I saw today sure are dicks.....and we wonder why sledders get a bad name.....

Rode that area today and was at that Esso. I was thinking on the way home I would have expected more idiots and close calls with all the traffic. Guess they where all getting gas.

But being broke down I bet you didnt get to see the new 2014 Yamaha Viper on B111 north of Atwood.

Yup , get the same crap here in Muskoka Diceman , at the canadian tire gas bar in Bracebridge it can be a circus of throttle jockeys ,

get a bag of popcorn and watch the show

Some sledders put a helmet on and automatically assume that they have the god given right to be on the wrong side of the trail & that they can go outside clearly marked trails and have the first right at all gas pumps?

Those so called sledders should seriously give this sport up because they are giving the rest of us a really bad name!

I KNOW these ass hats are reading this post and thinking, gee that could have been me or my group last weekend.

What I am asking is the next time your group screws up, which they will, please educate them to stay right and think twice!

If you have to think about what I just said please either re-think the way you deal with your group or GET OUT OF SLEDDING and stop making the rest of us look bad!

I KNOW these ass hats are reading this post and thinking, gee that could have been me or my group last weekend.

What makes you think these morons know how to read????

it is the ones like this that ruin it all for the rest of us.

and we wonder why sledders get a bad name.....

Are you kidd'n?

I don't wonder a bit!

15+ yrs ago I started to git a bias for sledders myself.

Most seemed to be drunks, and most of the Kitty Cat crowd had pipes that I could still hear ringing in my ear halfway home.

And most of that same crowd was loud and obnoxious in the resto's/bars. You could tell these guys must be putz's when home, but git them out with their chumms and the a-hos come out.

I cannot begin to count the number of Kitty riders (and even their kids offseason in Cochrane!) that I have seen that fit that.

While at the same time I cannot hardly fill up one hand with times that the other three manufacturers riders have made me think that way.

That was mostly the mid 90's in Da UP eh?

I don't git around too many other sledders anymore, so that may have changed, but I did see a kid on a kitty last weekend that had a mohawk on his helmet, so I am guessing that things aint changed too much?

So - no - I feel that the term "sledder" brings the icon of drunk, loud, a-hos to my mind.

I cannot imagine what a local to a trail (especially one that doesn't ride!) thinks!

So tell me - of these 10, what were they riding?

Someone poste

Some sledders put a helmet on and automatically assume that they have the god given right to be on the wrong side of the trail.

Those so called sledders should seriously give this sport up because they are giving the rest of us a really bad name!

If you have to think about what I just said please either re-think the way you deal with your group or GET OUT OF SLEDDING and stop making the rest of us look bad!

Someone posted on another thread about how 2 unnamed families portray the sport in their media products. One mag seems to think the flat brim, freestyle crowd is the main demographic in snowmobiling (YAWN). The TV show (which I haven't watched all season) thinks ripping up the trails & cutting corners is how you trail ride. Who designated these clowns EXPERTS? I took my 1st ride on a sled in the winter of '69 & that fall the family bought our 1st sled a '70 335 Oly. I'm definitely no expert, but have been around long enough to know what BAD snowmobiling looks like.

And bring back sled Ed! He was the best part of the show!

Someone poste

Someone posted on another thread about how 2 unnamed families portray the sport in their media products. One mag seems to think the flat brim, freestyle crowd is the main demographic in snowmobiling (YAWN). The TV show (which I haven't watched all season) thinks ripping up the trails & cutting corners is how you trail ride. Who designated these clowns EXPERTS? I took my 1st ride on a sled in the winter of '69 & that fall the family bought our 1st sled a '70 335 Oly. I'm definitely no expert, but have been around long enough to know what BAD snowmobiling looks like.

I agree. DO we really need factory production sleds that go 100mph or more?

Funny how you dont see the OFSC advertisements the same as the sled dealers advertisements. :?:

I think for the younger guys its more about showing there friends how good they can drive it's like watch what I can do . Speed then comes into play as without speed its hard to get that across . It's almost like a rivalry then they can stop and brag about what they just did and how good they did it . Over the years as they get older there think back and realize how dangerous that thinking can be . You don't need to go like a bat out of hell all day to have fun .

All this talk in here about young guys ripping around. I'm 28 I ride relatively fast but not the speed of some idiots I've seen. I slow down passing people and definitely stay to the proper side in bends. On Sunday when I was out my buddy waved me by just south of Baden because I know the trails. We were going between 80 and 90 km/h after coming out of a bush into a straightaway. As I pass a doo rips past me so that we were 3 sleds wide on the trail. Caught up to him on the north side of the expressway just sitting talking to a couple guys. He looked to be in his mid forties to early fifties. Yesterday post of a board member doing 300 plus k in 4 hrs doesn't seem like a 50km speed limit to me either. I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular but I just can't stand the bashing of young guys. Yes I agree that the youn guys mentioned in the original post were acting like idiots. But stupid comes in all ages, male or female, and it doesn't care your race. Unfortunately we can't fix stupid

Over the years as they get older there think back and realize how dangerous that thinking can be .

I think these types are the "short termers" in the sport. As soon as they get married & face some financial responsibilities, the sled will be on Kijiji or the Trader.

there is a time and place for everything, winding down a trail you don't know at breakneck speeds is is just stupid to the first degree.

and you're right. i see lots of middle age folks running beyond there ability on the trails. i see lots of corners over shoot and end up in the field or in the bush.

All this talk in here about young guys ripping around. I'm 28 I ride relatively fast but not the speed of some idiots I've seen. I slow down passing people and definitely stay to the proper side in bends. On Sunday when I was out my buddy waved me by just south of Baden because I know the trails. We were going between 80 and 90 km/h after coming out of a bush into a straightaway. As I pass a doo rips past me so that we were 3 sleds wide on the trail. Caught up to him on the north side of the expressway just sitting talking to a couple guys. He looked to be in his mid forties to early fifties. Yesterday post of a board member doing 300 plus k in 4 hrs doesn't seem like a 50km speed limit to me either. I'm not trying to pick on anyone in particular but I just can't stand the bashing of young guys. Yes I agree that the youn guys mentioned in the original post were acting like idiots. But stupid comes in all ages, male or female, and it doesn't care your race. Unfortunately we can't fix stupid

X2

there is a time and place for everything, winding down a trail you don't know at breakneck speeds is is just stupid to the first degree.

and you're right. i see lots of middle age folks

running beyond there ability on the trails. i see

lots of corners over shoot and end up in the field

or in the bush.

Good old electron couldn't catch me on his rev. Man that viper was fast. I remember he slammed on his brakes locked up his track and next thing he was sideways sliding down the road. Good thing no cars on the road that day. What happened to him anyway's?

You are absolutely correct.

The sledidiots make a bad name for all sledders. It is unfortunate that they are "Typically" younger and this leads to that perception.

Sledidiots come in all ages....

I have seen and ridden with some kids and younger riders that can definitely out ride the older, more experienced folk. Keeping a sled to the right in some of the corners is a challenge. On my recent trip we all experience very difficult turns. The groomer banked the corners down to the outside. Holy crap!!! You quickly learn the value of good grooming.

Good old electron couldn't catch me on his rev. Man that viper was fast. I remember he slammed on his brakes locked up his track and next thing he was sideways sliding down the road. Good thing no cars on the road that day. What happened to him anyway's?

lol i haven't heard hide nor hair of him since that ride. maybe moved out of g-town

Archived