Huntsville Conditions

kozubs

I have a trip planned to Bracebridge this weekend that we have to use up. Unfortunatly our first trip was the first thaw and now this. Does anyone know what the conditions are like in Huntsville? I see yellow but rode last week with a buddy in Bracebridge and got beat up pretty bad.

It's too bad, my friend and I just bought a set of xp's for the wives and they haven't been able to ride yet.

Huntsville is all ice. No snow left. All roads are bare.

Need another 20cm of snow

X 2...starting all over AGAIN, for the THIRD time this winter. :angry-smiley-005:

So much for Environment Canada's long-range prediction of a "normal" cold and snowy winter for this part of the country. Dave Phillips is apparently long past his "Best Before" date and should be put out to pasture... :icon_blah:

:angry-smiley-005: :angry-smiley-005:

:angry-smiley-005: Pray for snow for the Kelly Shires Ride! Doooing my Snow Dance naked now! :icon_hyper:

They are still posted as limited through port Sydney. Anybody have any updates.

They are still posted as limited through port Sydney. Anybody have any updates.

I noticed that this morning as well. Not sure why they are and everywhere else around them is RED. I am here in Kearney and our trails had more base to start with and we are Closed.....I am curious :wacko: We had a ton of rain and all the snow we got on Monday is gone and then some - brown spots all over the place. :banghead: Perhaps they didn't get as much rain as the rest of the area - that would be great if that is true.....I am riding in the Kelly Shires Snow Run and it is planned to head to Dorset on Saturday. More snow is in the forecast thank goodness :D

im in port sydney , there back to a icy base , there done untill a new snow ,dont see a lot in the future either

X 2...starting all over AGAIN, for the THIRD time this winter. :angry-smiley-005:

So much for Environment Canada's long-range prediction of a "normal" cold and snowy winter for this part of the country. Dave Phillips is apparently long past his "Best Before" date and should be put out to pasture... :icon_blah:

X2

Thanks Guys. I really appreciate the replys. Still debating whether or not to take the sleds. I'd hate to haul them up from Niagara only to beat them up on crappy trails. We have the rooms booked and can't back out as we already movd the booking from the last thaw.

Any other ideas for things to do around bracebridge huntsville area for weekend?

Thanks Guys. I really appreciate the replys. Still debating whether or not to take the sleds. I'd hate to haul them up from Niagara only to beat them up on crappy trails. We have the rooms booked and can't back out as we already

movd the booking from the last thaw.

Any other ideas for things to do around bracebridge huntsville area for weekend?

Where did you book? I always ask ahead of time if I can cancel and if they say no, I go else where.

Thanks Guys. I really appreciate the replys. Still debating whether or not to take the sleds. I'd hate to haul them up from Niagara only to beat them up on crappy trails. We have the rooms booked and can't back out as we already movd the booking from the last thaw.

skiing at Hidden Valley.

my wife bought a deal off of wag jag. As I said, we were supposed to come up early Jan but the thaw got us so we moved to this week assuming it would be better. Unfortunatly it expires tody so we need to use it.

We have another one in port Sydney for March 1st so I'd plan for another rain week then.

We're considering Hidden Valley or driving down to Mount St. Louis. Dog Sledding may be an option (another wag jag in Orillia) but that may be no good either. Need to call. She wanted to do some dinner theater at Taboo unyill I saw the price.

It sucks that she has a new sled but hasn't ridden it yet. My buddies wife also got a new sled but she's a nurse and work every other weekend so it's even harder for her to get up.

Definitely need more snow! Kelly Shires is gearing up for "Plan B" - possibly no ride due to lack of snow and poor trail conditions :cry: . For once - it would great if the weather came early today and more than predicted - I will continue the snow dance! :icon_hyper: :icon_hyper:

:icon_snow:

:icon_hyper:

:icon_hyper:

Why not move the ride east. Call quality inn in petawawa. Trails are awesome and they have 66 rooms right on A trail. Loved it there. Can't wait to go back.

Here is a visual report from yesterday. good thing I have a hatchet.

iphonestuff006_zpsfd297503.jpg

Lots of flooded out sections. The hills are solid ice as well as most of the trial.

iphonestuff004_zpsbe55b004.jpg

iphonestuff005_zpsba495663.jpg

This was all on the D trail. Head north for trails.

RR

my wife bought a deal off of wag jag. As I said, we were supposed to come up early Jan but the thaw got us so we moved to this week assuming it would be better. Unfortunatly it expires tody so we need to use it.

We have another one in port Sydney for March 1st so I'd plan for another rain week then.

We're considering Hidden Valley or driving down to Mount St. Louis. Dog Sledding may be an option (another wag jag in Orillia) but that may be no good either. Need to call. She wanted to do some dinner theater at Taboo unyill I saw the price.

It sucks that she has a new sled but hasn't ridden it yet. My buddies wife also got a new sled but she's a nurse and work every other weekend so it's even harder for her to get up.

I bought a wagjag last year and because there wasn't any snow there I called and asked for a refund. No problem... had the money on my credit card a couple of days later. I don't believe it's a use it or lose it.

I heard that Muskoka got over a foot of snow last night!!!!

Muskoka got nothing last night , we have about 3 inches this morning and snowing real hard in Pt Sydney

I just seen a picture of huntsville looked like it got hammered with snow is this true?

530664_10151271203332876_1144795327_n.jpg

This is in Minett this morning guys!!!

gives me a woody seeing that :drool2:

Getting blasted here in Pt Sydney :icon_snow::icon_hyper:

Archived