OFSC Survey - Framework for Change

Black Dog

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link

DONE.....i dont know why I took the time....the donkeys will just ignore it any way.

DONE.....i dont know why I took the time....the donkeys will just ignore it any way.

I think of it like voting in an election, you can't complain later if you didn't vote and I like to reserve my right to complain just in case! LOL

I think of it like voting in an election, you can't complain later if you didn't vote and I like to reserve my right to complain just in case! LOL

Very true. This way the OFSC can say they held a consultation process.

Very true. This way the OFSC can say they held a consultation process.

After all the whining and complaining about the system here is an opportunity to have your say to some body that cares. PLEASE fill out the survey. we need all the feed back we can get from our customers.

After all the whining and complaining about the system here is an opportunity to have your say to some body that cares. PLEASE fill out the survey. we need all the feed back we can get from our customers.

That was what I was driving at. Sorry if it came across otherwise. I will say that the survey is hard to find on the OFSC site. Just looking at the front page, you don't see it as the page is literally a cluttered mess. Something this important should stand out. We have done surveys like this for the ATV club at it was posted front and center on the main page.

Just constructive criticism.

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/

Classic u know well what the Customer's are going to say.....that is not the problem IMO...we have been down this road already the last 10yrs and this has got us where....sad.

Just looking at the front page, you don't see it as the page is literally a cluttered mess. Something this important should stand out.

X2

Not the 1st person to complain about the OFSC's site.

Classic u know well what the Customer's are going to say.....that is not the problem IMO...we have been down this road already the last 10yrs and this has got us where....sad.

No I don't. Please tell us. Its there on and only chance to speak up. A survey last year is what started this conversation.

Unfortunately, surveys results, in general, are typically skewed because of the wording of the questions. This may or may not be intentional, but the author usually has an idea of the way they want the answers to go and will subconsciously ask the questions in the most favourable wording.

No I don't. Please tell us. Its there on and only chance to speak up. A survey last year is what started this conversation.

Ok last yrs survey is not what we are talking about here...but yes last yrs survey almost 2k peeps filled it out mostly males and mostly from D5/9 all they want is to ride from there back yard and cheaper permits....are they thru sledheads??? IMO people just think for themselfs and dont gave two ucks about anybody else....cheaper regonial permints IMO is the begining of the end...if D9 gets no snow do u sit at home??? come on.

I was notified of the survey last night, in an email from OFSC. Aren't you all receiving Federation email?

The survey is flawed in several ways. First, it doesn't offer sufficient detail for you to make informed choices. Second, it is skewed. The preamble makes it clear that the Federation is selling a concept, not really asking your opinion on it. Despite its flaws, I answered as best I could.

I was notified of the survey last night, in an email from OFSC. Aren't you all receiving Federation email?

I usually receive these at two different email aadresses. I did not receive this one, though.

Thanks for the link.

One of the questions dealt with 'supporting' the four elements of framework for change. Not knowing what they were (and no time to search online at that moment) I decided to postpone answering the survey until I found the details.

Here's a club's link to the framework, for those interested. http://www.kptrails...._For_Change.pdf

I believe that the proposed MSV surcharge is $20 (i.e. $20 surcharge on annual vehicle registration). Probably should know that if being asked whether you 'support' the initiative.

As others have mentioned, no survey is perfect. Thanks for trying, staff (and volunteers) at OFSC.

Edit - also didn't receive the survey directly from OFSC. If anyone is aware of a 'sign me up' option to receive OFSC info. , please advise. I've provided my email address at least a dozen times (4 permits, many years) to no avail.

I went to look for it on OFSC and couldn't find it so I had to go back to Totallyamaha.com where I first saw it to get the link. I have been sending to all sledders that I know, everyone should do the same if we want a good cross section of opinions.

Filled it out as well.

The info on the framework was at the start of the survey, though it was much shorter and I don't think it had as much info. Thanks for the link.

The info at beginning of the survey was not enough.

The proposed regions (diagrams) are important; the seasonal permit history (page 4 of .pdf) are very important to knowing the framework 'before and after'.

Even with a diagram, I wonder where Central ends and North-East begins (western terminus appears to be south end of Manitoulin Island.. ).

The info at beginning of the survey was not enough.

The proposed regions (diagrams) are important; the seasonal permit history (page 4 of .pdf) are very important to knowing the framework 'before and after'.

Even with a diagram, I wonder where Central ends and North-East begins (western terminus appears to be south end of Manitoulin Island.. ).

You're right, I took the time to read the entire .pdf (should have done that) and there is a lot more info in your link then the survey from what I can remember.

I usually receive these at two different email aadresses. I did not receive this one, though.

X 2...nor did I, SJ. I only found it thanks to Black Dog's original post and link...thanks for that, BD.

After completing the survey, then I decided to follow FQ's lead, and see if I could spot any reference to this important survey on the OFSC home page...nope.

Ok last yrs survey is not what we are talking about here...but yes last yrs survey almost 2k peeps filled it out mostly males and mostly from D5/9 all they want is to ride from there back yard and cheaper permits....are they thru sledheads??? IMO people just think for themselfs and dont gave two ucks about anybody else....cheaper regonial permints IMO is the begining of the end...if D9 gets no snow do u sit at home??? come on.

The responses came from all over the province. But you are correct. In the southern districts if there is no snow out the back door they don't ride.

done. Ski

Done as well.

Not sure if D5 & D9 have a monopoly on the whiners, but I think we see posts on the various sites from folks that biatch about not being able to ride from the house.

Heck some winters when the creek freezes late I have to load the sled in the truck, drive 5 minutes to the trailhead, unload, ride, then repeat to get home. It's a PITA, but if I wanted to ride, I had to do that.

Done.

Archived