2018 Toronto Sled Show

revrnd

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered a Neo from Action about 3 years ago, and it was a waste of my time. After a few weeks the trailer arrived at Action with the door on the curb side, when I needed it on the driver's side. I asked to speak with the owner, who told me the salesman should not have told me the door was available on the driver's side. I was given 5 days to decide if I wanted the trailer as it came, but it took me 5 seconds to say no thanks.

Mistakes happen, and time passes. The trailer I ordered yesterday is a totally different model. I was guaranteed it would be available for pick up within four weeks. This is important, as I'm expecting rideable snow by late November.

In terms of quality, I think the Triton may still be at the top. The door hardware on the Bullet's front hatch looked a little flimsy to me, and Nunz noticed a missing fastener. The foam used to seal the doors looks as though it might rip apart when the doors freeze shut. The Bullet side door is narrower. The Bullet manufacturer told me he placed the axle farther rearward than Triton's, in order to increase tongue weight. Not sure if this is a good idea, as the TC167 tongue weight seems perfect to me. I asked about a location for a spare tire, and the manufacturer said he hadn't thought about that. Running Wild pointed out that the front edge of the Bullet's floor is exposed to salt and snow, and should likely have been covered with some aluminum trim.

We will see. Triton's quality is proven, which is why I have a  singleTriton 5 x 12 Elite sitting in my yard, already loaded with a sled.

The deciding factor for me in yesterday's purchase was the smaller front profile of the Bullet as compared to the TC167.

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

I ordered a Neo from Action about 3 years ago, and it was a waste of my time. After a few weeks the trailer arrived at Action with the door on the curb side, when I needed it on the driver's side. I asked to speak with the owner, who told me the salesman should not have told me the door was available on the driver's side. I was given 5 days to decide if I wanted the trailer as it came, but it took me 5 seconds to say no thanks.

Mistakes happen, and time passes. The trailer I ordered yesterday is a totally different model. I was guaranteed it would be available for pick up within four weeks. This is important, as I'm expecting rideable snow by late November.

In terms of quality, I think the Triton may still be at the top. The door hardware on the Bullet's front hatch looked a little flimsy to me, and Nunz noticed a missing fastener. The foam used to seal the doors looks as though it might rip apart when the doors freeze shut. The Bullet side door is narrower. The Bullet manufacturer told me he placed the axle farther rearward than Triton's, in order to increase tongue weight. Not sure if this is a good idea, as the TC167 tongue weight seems perfect to me. I asked about a location for a spare tire, and the manufacturer said he hadn't thought about that. Running Wild pointed out that the front edge of the Bullet's floor is exposed to salt and snow, and should likely have been covered with some aluminum trim.

We will see. Triton's quality is proven, which is why I have a  singleTriton 5 x 12 Elite sitting in my yard, already loaded with a sled.

The deciding factor for me in yesterday's purchase was the smaller front profile of the Bullet as compared to the TC167.

Congrats on the new trailer, Blake... but how about sharing some pics???

6 hours ago, RotaxMike said:

I did the same thing as you Blake. I was going to the show to work out a deal on a triton 167, then I seen this trailer. The quality is amazing for the price. the things that are better then the tritan was everything is aluminum, handles, hinges, stainless pins. all hinges have grease fittings, frt door. the fenders are reinforced so you can stand on them to help clean the snow off the roof. The floor is marine plywood, which triton has but all the other brands have press board. The biggest difference is the price tag. It is $3000-4000 cheaper then the triton 167. I feel this is the same or even better built trailer.  The people I talked to at action trailers were great, not pushy & had no problem with helping you out.  This trailer is built a lot better then other brands & nobody is close to there price. The sales guys & the owner were great, maybe a big reason why they were selling & all the other brand were only talking. By the end of the show I would think around 100 of this model were ordered. I ordered mine with brakes. I saved almost $4000 over the triton, cant wait to get it. 

No doubt Triton is a quality made trailer. Like you I looked real hard at the other makes when I was shopping a few years ago. I ended up buying a Blizzard Snow Squall made in Boone New York. The price was significantly less than the Triton but the quality was as good as or better than the Triton. I had a few strange looks from people when I was down on the floor looking at the welds on the underside for example as well as the routing of the wiring, C channel or rectangular, spacing between the framing and so much more. It seems that part of the price you pay for Triton is the name.

I'm sure you will enjoy your trailer.

Enjoyed the show today. Met Nunz and Karen for breakfast. Spent some time in the ofsc section. Prostate Extreme Team booth looked great. 

Spoke to some volunteers from District 17 - looks like I'll have company on this season's 14 hour drive north :). Chap lives in Mississauga but sleds up there. 

Saw Wildbill and John. 

Home in time for Buffalo Bills' kickoff ( take the bad with the good ).

18 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

No doubt Triton is a quality made trailer. Like you I looked real hard at the other makes when I was shopping a few years ago. I ended up buying a Blizzard Snow Squall made in Boone New York. The price was significantly less than the Triton but the quality was as good as or better than the Triton. I had a few strange looks from people when I was down on the floor looking at the welds on the underside for example as well as the routing of the wiring, C channel or rectangular, spacing between the framing and so much more. It seems that part of the price you pay for Triton is the name.

I'm sure you will enjoy your trailer.

there is a couple of miner issues with the trailer that I will deal with, the money I saved was worth it. I will see how they treat me when I pick up the trailer. So far very happy with Action

44 minutes ago, RotaxMike said:

there is a couple of miner issues with the trailer that I will deal with, the money I saved was worth it. I will see how they treat me when I pick up the trailer. So far very happy with Action

Mike I agree it looks like a well built trailer at an aggressively low price. Should tow really well. What colour did you order? I chose black.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Mike I agree it looks like a well built trailer at an aggressively low price. Should tow really well. What colour did you order? I chose black.

I decided to go with charcoal. 

Went Sat afternoon just to browse.

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Went Sat afternoon just to browse.

Kicking tires (tracks)

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Kicking tires (tracks)

Pretty much.  Also wanted to see the LinQ luggage system I'm thinking of adding to the new Indy XC 850 and just how long the tunnel is. I can get a dual position adapter bracket for it from UP North Technologies when most 3rd party manu's can only do single and wanted to get a sense for it.

35 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty much.  Also wanted to see the LinQ luggage system I'm thinking of adding to the new Indy XC 850 and just how long the tunnel is. I can get a dual position adapter bracket for it from UP North Technologies when most 3rd party manu's can only do single and wanted to get a sense for it.

The one thing I looked for but couldn't really find was a bigger bag for the tunnel of the Cat. The original bag is tiny. The one they made for the 2015 129" is discontinued. The replacement has a beaver tail that is supposed to slide between the seat and the tunnel. Problem is it doesn't. The only one I could have gotten from Cat is too long and actually sits on top of the brake light. I think I may resort to a tank bag.

18 hours ago, Blake G said:

Thanks for the link, Blake...nice-looking trailer, and great price. Hope it serves you well.  Not enough head-room for my 6'3" height, though.  I already have to be REALLY careful when loading/unloading sleds and standing/moving around inside my TC-167.

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This is the link to one that Reevester and I both ordered from the states, with the new Indy 850 XC you really only have space for one bag unless you stack them. Hope this helps.

http://www.whiteouttechnologies.com/home/18-adapta-linq.html#/configuration-brp_base_kit_polaris_tunnels_with_t_slot

Had a great weekend in Toronto over the weekend, worked the Show Saturday at the Gravenhurst booth and saw many OC members and sledding friends, Was nice to meet a few members we had not yet met before, We attended the show Sunday as visitors, had breakfast with Canuck before the show which was great to catch up. Picked up a set of dollies that were on Sale and a Superclamp for the new trailer, should be easier to tie down the front sled. Also stocked up a pile of Polaris oil that Spoiled Sports was blowing out at really good prices.

You could really feel the buzz about the upcoming season and hoping it is a epic winter approaching.

We even ran into VR700 on Sunday and had a nice chat with him.

17 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Had a great weekend in Toronto over the weekend, worked the Show Saturday at the Gravenhurst booth and saw many OC members and sledding friends, Was nice to meet a few members we had not yet met before, We attended the show Sunday as visitors, had breakfast with Canuck before the show which was great to catch up. Picked up a set of dollies that were on Sale and a Superclamp for the new trailer, should be easier to tie down the front sled. Also stocked up a pile of Polaris oil that Spoiled Sports was blowing out at really good prices.

You could really feel the buzz about the upcoming season and hoping it is a epic winter approaching.

We even ran into VR700 on Sunday and had a nice chat with him.

Good to hear VR 700 is still around, thought maybe he had left the sport, or was no longer above ground.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

We even ran into VR700 on Sunday and had a nice chat with too.

Glad you guys had a great weekend.

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

This is the link to one that Reevester and I both ordered from the states, with the new Indy 850 XC you really only have space for one bag unless you stack them. Hope this helps.

http://www.whiteouttechnologies.com/home/18-adapta-linq.html#/configuration-brp_base_kit_polaris_tunnels_with_t_slot

UP North is gonna release a dual position for the XC in the next couple weeks, I have been in contact with them on a new product they are bringing to market.  Call them if you want clarification.

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

UP North is gonna release a dual position for the XC in the next couple weeks, I have been in contact with them on a new product they are bringing to market.  Call them if you want clarification.

Interesting, I knew they released for one for the Doo 129 but hadn't heard they were bringing one out for the non BRP 129's, I will just use the one we bought for the year and upgrade next year, Thanks for the reply, Have you got your new sled yet? I am hearing late October shipping for mine possibly.

5 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Interesting, I knew they released for one for the Doo 129 but hadn't heard they were bringing one out for the non BRP 129's, I will just use the one we bought for the year and upgrade next year, Thanks for the reply, Have you got your new sled yet? I am hearing late October shipping for mine possibly.

It's based off that from my understanding. Should be out by the end of the month.

Have not received my new sled yet.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:42 AM, zoso said:

No mention od crown in the MSVA about trappers either. the definition you provided is not the MSVA, read it, no mention of crown lands. Your take on this is way off base, not what the law intends and reeks of entitlement. I too buy permits because I have to in order to ride legally, otherwise I may not, just like I took the 13k to send my kid to school, why pay when the government will pay for me, even though our income is close to 200k per year I sit here getting free things because I am being paid for something that never happened to me done by people long dead paid by many that whom's family was not even on this continent until recently. The entire indian issue needs to be resolved with a one time payout to individuals. A vote should be taken and see where it goes, then ammend the Indian Act to allow it.

I do value your opinion on that and coming from someone of indigenous background instead of coming from someone like me and then being called a racist cause of my opinion on that which is BS! Everyone is totting about wanting to be EQUAL and all that we ALL should be! There should be NO bashing of any groups nor financial gain by any specific group just cause of their background, that to me is discriminating against to ALL the other groups that have had their own share of wrong doings against and hardship etc.

The issues that are preached about are generations old! With the exception of residential school survivors which was something completely horrible and shameful of our govt to have done back in the day, as well as getting proper drinking water and housing for many reserves today i believe should be addressed now and not tomorrow. I do believe that the Indian act needs an overhaul and brought into the 21st century. A 1 time payout is fine with me but then it ends!!!! We are as ONE nation so lets ALL contribute and act like it! 

Can't we ALL just get along ??? :) 

Also to the fact regarding natives riding on private property without permit and not needing to provide info etc. If you are native and riding on PRIVATE PROPERTY without a valid permit, you can bet that yes I will stop you and will ask you and will demand your info (not status info), as ANY landowner and that of agents acting on behalf of the landowner as they have the right as you are trespassing on THEIR property and have the right to ask you your info as to identify you to do up a trespass notice or to arrest you for trespassing in extreme cases which would have to be EXTREME for an arrest to be sanctioned. As for crown land have atter but dont think for one minute I wont have a frown on my face if you choose not to have one. An to those that do choose to buy a valid permit THANK YOU on behalf of other HARD WORKING club members across this great province. 

I know I'll be labeled a racist even though i am NOT but this is my stance on this and my opinion as you are entitled to yours :) Brapp on everyone    

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:52 PM, matt17 said:

Who was there from NCDN, wasn't sure who was going this year.  

We chatted with Blaise and Kenny, saw Michael from Base camp around on the weekend as well., There was another gentleman but I forget his name sorry.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

We chatted with Blaise and Kenny, saw Michael from Base camp around on the weekend as well., There was another gentleman but I forget his name sorry.

Mitch?

Archived