2016 yamaha releases!

Baylaker

I like this model, although I find the site confusing, the model # impossible to remember and the promos illegible.  Yamaha could probably sell more sleds if they just made their site and models easier to navigate.

post-19700-0-02517200-1424885704_thumb.p

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lightweight Apex . Now that is funny! Have you ever lifted an Apex engine on its own . I know that I cannot 

I have tried and it's quite the feat.  One can always dream can't he?

WTF is a GYPA Bonus and how the hell is anyone suppose to know what that means?

And If I'm looking at a 2016 SRViper S-TX 137 DX, where is that on the promo?

You can't build a website and not explain what anything means.  I assume the Yamabots all know what it means as you've learned over time.  Kinda like Kindergarten.

I don't even understand what the MPI Turbo Deal is.  Does that mean I have the privilege to buy it for $3000?  Or is it included with a value of $3000?

What is an OGIO Bag, or a SHAD Bag? 

So, my MO is that once I am Totally confused by a merchant website, I leave and move on.

Some of the prices make BRP look affordable.  I'm shocked, I didn't know Yamaha's archaic designs sold for more than a Skidoo.  Maybe more is included, I can't tell!

it is easier to buy it in green 

:icon_blah: :icon_blah: :icon_blah:

Don't you have any sleds to fix?

it is easier to buy it in green 

But then it would be green :barf:

Doesn't look like I will have to.

New engine control, new skid, performance dampers.  I'm happy.  I'll have to try OF7's new Apex next year.

Hearing yamaha is adding a winch on every machine for when you get the 800 lb machine stuck.

You're right, it took 3 guys to get this thing out of the ditch so I could continue towing the Doo (see the rope?) LOL

post-22651-0-19635300-1424893247_thumb.jpg

You're right, it took 3 guys to get this thing out of the ditch so I could continue towing the Doo (see the rope?) LOL

Yammy.jpg

Lol

New engine control, new skid, performance dampers.  I'm happy.  I'll have to try OF7's new Apex next year.

Still made in Japan! Don't forget the electronic reverse.

Still made in Japan! Don't forget the electronic reverse.

Missed that one.

I haven't replaced any in 13,000 KM's

Factory donuts were a graphite material that did not last long. You can get copper replacements that last for years so they aren't really a concern but sometimes the pipes crack. I've used saddle bags and don't really have any issues with the rear exhaust other than it pointing directly at you if you have to lift the back of the sled while it's running.

Still made in Japan!

In the last 6 months, the Yen has outperformed the loonie by 0.4% (roughly unchanged);

Over the same time period, the loonie has dropped significantly against the U.S. $

Bad for Canadians buying U.S. made Arctic Cats or Polaris. Better for Canadians purchasing Japanese-made Yamahas, in theory. The jury's out on BRP and it's pricing structure. They never played fair when the dollar was at par; let's see what happens under the new exchange rates. 

Let's hope Yamaha Canada factors the Yen/$CAN rates into Canadian pricing, and not by setting a U.S retail price and then tacking on the cross-border exchange rate.

_____

As for rear exhaust - prefer it. Never had an issue with saddlebags, but have witnessed trailside burning of luggage.

small refinements for the vector but this is a nice sled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk6cC2XRYLY&feature=youtu.be

hand full of new viper models too

That's a great video, SG74. Thx

OF7 is buying a new apex??? Will yamaha throw in a back pack and ski goggles for him if he spring orders it?

OF7 is buying a new apex??? Will yamaha throw in a back pack and ski goggles for him if he spring orders it?

Braaaaaaaap! 

How can they sell any Apex's when they look exactly like they did 10 years ago?

Not to mention $17,500 for top of the line...ridiculous!

Have over 17,000 km on my 2011 apex xtx, best sled I ever bought!  Did the donuts & drive shaft bearing at 13,000 km, only so I would not have any issues during the season. I was glad to see the vector go to 146" inch, so I planning on spring order a new vector xtx (1.25 track).

Have over 17,000 km on my 2011 apex xtx, best sled I ever bought!  Did the donuts & drive shaft bearing at 13,000 km, only so I would not have any issues during the season. I was glad to see the vector go to 146" inch, so I planning on spring order a new vector xtx (1.25 track).

That vector upgrade looks like a sweet ride with the mono air shock and longer track

How can they sell any Apex's when they look exactly like they did 10 years ago?

I still have two 2006 Apexs .....they last forever and they hold there value!...I bought the 2013 just to have the power steering and the air shocks..(I am getting old).

Archived