UPDATE - Kirkland Lake Inn NOW SUPER 8

Nith Valley Sledder

Spent this last week based out of the Kirkland Lake Inn. It's on the east end of town, just follow hwy 66 straight through.

Pros:

- room to park trucks & trailers

- parking lot snow packed for the most part

- beer store next door

- Tim Horton's next door

- KFC & Foodland across the street

- trail access about 100m down side street ( snow on shoulder)

- rooms clean

Cons:

- do not support the local club

- restaurant open 4pm-9pm only

- restaurant food quality and service poor

- noisy, all floors creak (room, hallways, rooms above)

- rooms dated, satellite tv limited

http://kirklandlakeinn.ca/

They were $106 per night for 2 beds. The Comfort Inn is $156 per night and no deals. The Comfort Inn also does NOT support the local club. They used to kick back $2 per night per room for snowmobilers to the club but stopped that. Rooms seem to be at a premium so discounts aren't needed anymore.

The hotel features many recently renovated rooms and offers parking at your door, wireless high speed internet service, in room coffee, hair dryers and access to cable television

-do you have to bring rabbit ears antenna and catch signal leakage from the nearest line amplifier?

Thanks for the url!

• 2 years later...

Their ad in the '15 TATA map says it's to be a Super 8 this winter. Does anyone know if there are renovations ongoing? From the history of this "location" it would seem they are needed.

... Only downside was our rooms had no access to outside.

You can check out but you can never leave! :lmao:

Their ad in the '15 TATA map says it's to be a Super 8 this winter. Does anyone know if there are renovations ongoing? From the history of this "location" it would seem they are needed.

super 8 doesn't list it yet on their website

Maybe not open yet

Last time I stayed there it was a HoJo and if it hasn't changed it will still be the last time I stay there.

Read my comment in post #5. Also I wonder if management will change (see KL Inn & Suites website).

Gone the way of North Adventure Inn in Cochrane, same dirt, different pile.  I heard some of the rooms were renovated a few years ago so you have to demand the renovated rooms.  At least they support the club now.

The new Microtel is well under way but won't be open for this season I'm sure.  Located across the street from the Comfort Inn. 

The Comfort Inn is trail accessible and had extensive renovations done last year.

Gone the way of North Adventure Inn in Cochrane, same dirt, different pile.  I heard some of the rooms were renovated a few years ago so you have to demand the renovated rooms.

That's too bad.

Thanks for the update on the Microtel!

I just took a look at the website and Microtel forecasts a May 2015 opening date.

Microtel Inn & Suites - Kirkland Lake

Address

400 Government Road
Kirkland Lake, ON

Contact

Toll Free: 1-800-337-0058

Stats

79 Rooms

Pool, Waterslide, Fitness Centre, Breakfast, Restaurant

Open:

May 2015

Opening in May 2015, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kirkland Lake will offer all the comforts and amenities our guests have come to expect from Microtel.   With a contemporary design guests are sure to enjoy the complimentary hot continental breakfast, fitness centre, pool with waterslide, hot tub, well equipped business centre, meeting facilities and a variety of suite options.  This hotel is the perfect option for both business and leisure travellers.   We are taking pre-bookings for May 2015, contact us today.

See Photos

Gone the way of North Adventure Inn in Cochrane, same dirt, different pile.  I heard some of the rooms were renovated a few years ago so you have to demand the renovated rooms.  At least they support the club now.

The new Microtel is well under way but won't be open for this season I'm sure.  Located across the street from the Comfort Inn. 

The Comfort Inn is trail accessible and had extensive renovations done last year.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn last year for a couple of nights and found it clean and comfortable. Plus had the pleasure of Andre's company for dinner!!

• 11 months later...

The Inn is now a Super 8 & their ad in the TATA map says it is newly renovated. Anyone confirm this?

The place is still a crap HOLE !!!!

Is the new hotel in K lake open yet? Micro hotel I belive it was called. We seen the construction when we based out of the comfort Inn in March.

Is the new hotel in K lake open yet? Micro hotel I belive it was called. We seen the construction when we based out of the comfort Inn in March.

Yes the Microtel is open. They purchased a map in the TATA/D14 map.

Archived