Wawa looking great

FINNDIAN

The Wawa trails are definately in amazing shape for this time of year. We have more snow than in years past to make trails and it keeps coming almost daily. The heavy snow has caused issues by pulling trees down on the trails slowing us down in opening but we've been using all our spare time, gettin it done.

We managed to get trails 8, 9 and D South (as far as it will go this season without halfway haven) open this weekend.

Trail 9

378431_297018227017560_146129902106394_980811_499089497_n.jpg

More pics and info on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/wawasnoriders

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice...

Awsome trails , Awsome Pics

sweetness

awesome update and pics gord! how far south have you groomed the D? just to the southern end where 8-9 are? or did you go down to near mcphail dam?

any word on manitouwak's ice condition??? ski

we've groomed as far as the anjigami road. Although all the lakes are safe and sleds are running to dubreuilville on the magpie river. I leave the big manitowik until Feb myself no matter what anyone says. Russ and I will be out of town this weekend but will probably open the trail down to manitowik the following weekend.

we've groomed as far as the anjigami road. Although all the lakes are safe and sleds are running to dubreuilville on the magpie river. I leave the big manitowik until Feb myself no matter what anyone says. Russ and I will be out of town this weekend but will probably open the trail down to manitowik the following weekend.

Awesome work guys. Looks like there will have to be a decision for next Monday as to Wawa or Cochrane. Have to see which is closer.

you would have to take Ramsay road from hwy 144 to 129 to make the distance similar to Cochrane I would think. Beautiful country and no traffic here though. :)

That just might be a plan. If worse case scenario we might just have to ride from Cochrane over to Wawa. Hope to be stopping in at your place if near or on the trail in Wawa.

Does Cochrane have snow?

Some riders over New Yrs rode up to Hearst and only looped around there for a while and came back down as they said no snow east of Hearst.

???

Does Cochrane have snow?

Some riders over New Yrs rode up to Hearst and only looped around there for a while and came back down as they said no snow east of Hearst.

???

We rode Cochrane just before the new year and it was great! Apparently, snow was getting thinner as you went east but was OK in the Cochrane area.

Junk - I think you need to edit your link address:

http://heartofontatio.ca

you would have to take Ramsay road from hwy 144 to 129 to make the distance similar to Cochrane I would think. Beautiful country and no traffic here though. :)

I'll testify in court to that!!

Junk - I think you need to edit your link address:

http://heartofontatio.ca

Oops! Damned typing with crossed fingers!

Thanks

Gord, what's the road condition like in the winter? I've known a couple of guys that have moose hunted in that area and have truck related issues.

The 2001 map that I have taped on the wall here shows "Proposed Trail" through there.

Anything ever happen to that?

Looks like a boring R/R grade to me tho. ???

Nothing. I think the clubs have a hard enough time looking after the trails they had @ that time w/o adding another. Very little population in that area. Biscotasing, Ramsey & Sultan are small hamlets in the summer, I don't imagine there's much going on in the winter months.

ox they had that idea before things went bad with the economy, and when the chapleau club had more members for more grooming. the distances that club covers are similar to dub and wawa when they are at full open trail status. 45 miles to the missanabbi turn around, long run to folyette. then the 110 mile (one way) marathon run to aubrey falls through some very technical areas. so they wont be adding new trails TOP or not any time soon with the situation we have now.

i always thought it would be a great idea, if the funding would have allowed a groomer to be stationed at or near aubrey to groom half way to the soo, elliot lake and chapleau. then it would make the grooming operations of the F trail south and its connectors east and west more easily accomplished, with less stress on any one club.

what alot in the south dont fathom is, most of these smaller northern clubs groom hundreds of miles of trails and are responsible to brush, sign, and maintain for weather and traffic. sure some of the southern clubs have the same issue but, for the most part most southern clubs only groom 40-80 miles or less TOTAL.

i personally would like to see a print out on what clubs/districts groom what amount of miles with what budget. i would like to see the amount of grooming machines, and operators per club. that would probably be an eye opener for alot of people. ski

ox they had that idea before things went bad with the economy, and when the chapleau club had more members for more grooming. the distances that club covers are similar to dub and wawa when they are at full open trail status. 45 miles to the missanabbi turn around, long run to folyette. then the 110 mile (one way) marathon run to aubrey falls through some very technical areas. so they wont be adding new trails TOP or not any time soon with the situation we have now.

i always thought it would be a great idea, if the funding would have allowed a groomer to be stationed at or near aubrey to groom half way to the soo, elliot lake and chapleau. then it would make the grooming operations of the F trail south and its connectors east and west more easily accomplished, with less stress on any one club.

what alot in the south dont fathom is, most of these smaller northern clubs groom hundreds of miles of trails and are responsible to brush, sign, and maintain for weather and traffic. sure some of the southern clubs have the same issue but, for the most part most southern clubs only groom 40-80 miles or less TOTAL.

i personally would like to see a print out on what clubs/districts groom what amount of miles with what budget. i would like to see the amount of grooming machines, and operators per club. that would probably be an eye opener for alot of people. ski

HERE HERE!!!!!

Kelly

X2

It seems you have to be on the "IN" side to know anything, yet is all of our monies that puts the product in place. A little more transparency please for the people that can't afford the time to commit to a club executive. Wife and I were active on a Southern club many years ago for years. Figures aren't exact but I can remember permit sales in the 1800-2100 range. Added to this was a weekly bingo that brought in approx $75,000 annually. Believe trails groomed amounted to between 300 & 400 km(not miles).

Since our first trip to the North in 2001, we have been in awe of the quality of the North's trails.

We have now bought our permits from the North 5 of the last 6 years. Wife buys from 1 club, I buy from a different club. We try to spread it around each year. Wife is pleased she bought hers' this year from Dubreuiville this year.

I knoiw this site is for Canucks, but here is a breakdown of the Mich Snowmobile Fund Distribution. They actually produce a groomer entity breakdown cost per mile per area on their site.

post-20553-0-49046400-1326552358_thumb.jpg

Archived