TOP D East Now "OPEN"

The Groomer Guy

After a long night on the trail ( 11Hrs) The D trail east up to the wawa club trails is now listed as "open". If you look on the Intreractive map you can't see the green but if you zoom in you can see it. I posted some pictures on my blog.

its took me 11 Hrs to do a trail that was 30kms one way and back... and I had been on it on the 8th of Dec, I had packed it down already. Now Imagine me going on the 72kms up on the D108A 144kms..... hmmmmm I better bring a sleeping bag. lol

http://www.groomerguy.blogspot.com/ check them out.

I'm heading out again tonight. I will post live updates on my blog, Pictures and videos on my youtube page.

D trail East Last Night December 18-19 2011

decmber18057.jpg

Awesome job buddy.

I'm hoping to get up your way this winter sometime.

Thats trail is so nice cruise down and open it up to 50kms easy :) ......... Nice safe and wide, there was so much snow I had trouble trying to make the trail wider it kept dumping likea small snow bank in the left lane so I decided to just split it up for now. Makes for a very safe trail.

Great job luc. Looks like you are going to have a great season.

the temperature is so iratic I left it was -4 and over night it turned to 0..... and it stayed there you can see by my return trip tracks that the snow was sticking to the pan... now the temp is at -8c.

hahahaha.....that is what we groom in the best of time here Luc, u would hate grooming in the banana belt!!!!!!!!!! things r lookin good up there, wish I had my sled ready.

there was so much snow I had trouble trying to make the trail wider it kept dumping likea small snow bank in the left lane so I decided to just split it up

If you feel you have too much snow can i please have some?

Home from a night of packing tonight on the D trail west (WHite River) Lot's of snow in some part but then there was less the more I drive west, still have a good amount for packing but there was not as much as On the D trail east. There was lot's of trees down, many trips outside with the chain saw to cut a path... was abble to punch a hole/trail up to the 519 hwy at Twin lakes.... but decided not to drive back on the trail.... I could not take the trail again it was too much hard and work..... I kinda fee like I let you guys down as I took the hwy back to town.. I did not double back on my trail for a second pass. :( I might try it again tomorow night.... Logged in 5 hours tonight with a 3 day out grooming of 23 hrs so far. (Including Dec 8th night)

Well time for bed its 5:30am and I'm working the 1pm to 10pm shift at the store, night every one.. or should I say good morning.

I kinda fell like I let you guys down as I took the hwy back to town.. I did not double back on my trail for a second pass. :( I might try it again tomorow night.... Logged in 5 hours tonight with a 3 day out grooming of 23 hrs so far. (Including Dec 8th night)

Well time for bed its 5:30am and I'm working the 1pm to 10pm shift at the store, night every one.. or should I say good morning.

Let us down, you are the only one in ontario grooming, you are awesome for all that you do for the sport. Can anyone say road trip.

GG is right up there with the best of them. If everyone was a dedicated as he is imagine the possibilities.

Thanks guys, Up from my short sleep, need to check a few thing before I head to the store and if I want to go packing again tonight I need these thing taken care of. A bIG thank you goes out to my Friend Francois, he the one right now making sure the fleet is running and working lot's of hours keeping me on the trail and ready

. A big thank you also goes out to my Girl Friend Stephanie, shes so good and caring, she undertands I need to do this, I havent seen her much since sunday, Sunday she told me "I know this is important for you and you need to do this, don't worry about me, it's ok if I don't see you this week I understand, becarefull and give me updates when you are late on the trail." Poor girl< I know she worries about me bieng out there alone, I know shes not getting a good nights sleep because of that... I'll make it up to her.

Ain't she the best? :)

Maybe you should get the ofsc to get you a spot satellite tracker device. They have put them in some groomers already, (test pilot). That way your gf could track your progress during the night. Would be a huge piece of mind. If something did happen, be easy to locate you.

You are doing an amazing job. You can only do so much. Smart move taking the highway back. No sense killing yourself this early in the season.

Smart move taking the highway back. No sense killing yourself this early in the season.

Or anytime!!!

We have SPOT units assigned to each of our groomers but do not use the tracking feature. Just a regular series of check in's

Hey GG, Thats wise advice from viperules and sledjunk ,though I'm sure you thought of it too, sometimes working alone, night time, moving equipment, chainsaws, storms, ice, overworked and fatiqued operator make a bad recipe for accidents to happen and we all know crap does happens..Would help to let people know where you are and your status. Stay safe and thanks for all you do Luc.!!!!!!!

Must be nice, my grass is almost in need of being cut :lmao:

Hey GG, Thats wise advice from viperules and sledjunk ,though I'm sure you thought of it too, sometimes working alone, night time, moving equipment, chainsaws, storms, ice, overworked and fatiqued operator make a bad recipe for accidents to happen and we all know crap does happens..Would help to let people know where you are and your status. Stay safe and thanks for all you do Luc.!!!!!!!

That goes double!

Be safe and get some rest. Thanks for all you put into this!

Hey Groomer guy, wondering if we can start in Cochrane and head up towards Hurst? Or now far south we can actually start.

Hey Luc. Didn't you guys get a spot? Let me know if you need one. I think I have one that's not activated.

yes we have one, found it yesterd had it all night. thanks gord. I packed/groomed 20kms north on the D108A last night the new section of trail is bumpy as there is lots of dirt mount that need to be leveld... it will be good this winter and it needs more snow, but you can ride the plowed road. I think I'm going to headout and do part of the 100 mile loop, will pack from Dubreuilville to the track, lay in the trail for the guys I know where the first part goes in.

Archived