Pickerel River Bridge

Canuck

i wondered if that was the fate of Larry's. Just seems like it closed so long ago and nothign has change thru there wrt the hiway yet.

Certainly was a heck of a place to stop for lunch.

No one can comment on the attitude of Key River Marina towards sledders/groomers?

I could comment but it is best I stay quiet,( it would not be nice)

C trail from the Key to the bridges is open as Limited, The plan is to wait untill after the weekend & go

again with the groomer, Same old story, Not as much snow on the south end but Bob (groomer op) said its better than it has been in years.

The Cedar Village is planning on being open on weekends & will have gas as well.

There is also a new gas station on the C trail in Alban where the trail crosses 64 highway.

Anyone needs more info just ask.

Rich

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Rich.

From weather reports, also getting the sense that this year will be better than the one's past.

And thanks for providing an honest report when I called to book a room in the past. Some resort owner's stretch the truth re: riding conditions - not you.

I could comment but it is best I stay quiet,( it would not be nice)

C trail from the Key to the bridges is open as Limited, The plan is to wait untill after the weekend & go

again with the groomer, Same old story, Not as much snow on the south end but Bob (groomer op) said its better than it has been in years.

The Cedar Village is planning on being open on weekends & will have gas as well.

There is also a new gas station on the C trail in Alban where the trail crosses 64 highway.

Anyone needs more info just ask.

Rich

thanks, that says it all. i will continue to try to avoid the place. nice to see cedar village will be open for lunch / gas and alban has gas. makes for more options.

any comments on teh trail from key river over to dollars lake?

same or a bit better?

thanks.

hoping to head up next weekend, take some newbies over to the bridge from port loring area.

The Shell in Pte au Baril is very open and in no immediate plans of closure. They also provide a good hot lunch.

Lcbo next door is not closing either-it does 1.4 mil ayear. Gas is also available at Naiscoot Marina north of PAB,a couple K offof C trail,as well as the first nation store at the Magnetawan reserve on C--just soth of Britt.

The comments reguarding the ESSO at Key river can be found in thread a coulpe years ago,probably under C Trail or French River.I would walk before buying anything from them.

The comments reguarding the ESSO at Key river can be found in thread a coulpe years ago,probably under C Trail or French River.I would walk before buying anything from them.

thats probably the thread i was thinking of but i was just wondering if anything had changed in the last couple years.

thanks, that says it all. i will continue to try to avoid the place. nice to see cedar village will be open for lunch / gas and alban has gas. makes for more options.

same or a bit better?

thanks.

hoping to head up next weekend, take some newbies over to the bridge from port loring area.

From Dollars to the C will be great, Logging roads brushed back last fall & only one logging contractor working near 522,

Had a chat with the contractor & he will leave the snow so we can groom a roadside trail

Thanks for the upadate everyone!

Approx, how far from Suds down to the bridges?

Headin up there on Friday, and have always wanted to get to them.

Where are starting from in sudbury?

Staying at the Moonlight Inn.

Moosifer and I did that run back in March of '09. It was a good day trip but I can't recall the mileage. I would guess 280 - 300 Km ?

Moosifer and I did that run back in March of '09. It was a good day trip but I can't recall the mileage. I would guess 280 - 300 Km ?

It is a big day in these temps,

We just got notice of a rerout on the C between alban & the french, Some A hole went though the trail all piped up at 3.00 am. Result is one pissed off land owner, Have 2km follow the road for now, Also have a meeting friday morning for a reroute with neighbouring land owners,

gota love those pipes!!!

The Shell in Pte au Baril is very open and in no immediate plans of closure.

They're an advertiser on the PSSD map this winter too.

same or a bit better?

thanks.

Going to camp and will be riding 105d all wknd to dollars. A buddy was up last weekend and said trails were mint after the snow. Thats good that the loggers off of 522 are working with the club this year. We stopped and had a chat as well and they seem like good people. Sure gonna take sometime getting the camp warm tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...

any update on this? trip was postponed until this weekend.

looking at info on trails west of port loring and up to the bridges.

thanks.

any update on this? trip was postponed until this weekend.

looking at info on trails west of port loring and up to the bridges.

thanks.

x2

Want to head north from Parry Sound on Friday/Sat/Sun. First choice is this route; second choice will be towards North Bay.

Bridges or bust!

I also have a call in for the area.A week and a half ago there was lots of snow from Grundy Lake into Loring,the skinny part was Pointe au Baril groomers had not even been out.

x2

Want to head north from Parry Sound on Friday/Sat/Sun. First choice is this route; second choice will be towards North Bay.

Bridges or bust!

Trailer north....talk to rich at owls nest maybe u could ride south from his area down to the french at least....there should be good riding north of his area to...owls nest is a great spot in the middle of no where and rich is a great host, good for day trips etc.

Good idea, Lep. Thanks.

Where is dollars?

Dollars lake on c105d

Since that section of trail was still closed, we trailered to Sudbury and snowmobiled south to the bridges. What a marvel. A tribute to volunteer vision and commitment.

It was a 300 km loop from Sudbury.

Special thanks to Slomo for offering lodging suggestions in the area (he suggested staying in Port Loring); Wildbill for putting up with us during trailer load/unload and Rich from Owl's Nest Lodge for also offering suggestions when their place was booked for the weekend.

Archived