Retractable ski wheels

Reved

I'm going to be looking for retractable wheels again this year at the show. What is out there that is going to work. Im trying to save the driveway. While on the topic of saving the driveway,what are your solutions for stud damage.

These are the 2 I know about.

http://www.retrax.net/ $199.00 + $19.95 Shipping US pricing

http://www.skiwheelz.ca $299.00 +$20 shipping Canadian pricing

http://www.qualipieces.com/

I'm going to be looking for retractable wheels again this year at the show. What is out there that is going to work. Im trying to save the driveway. While on the topic of saving the driveway,what are your solutions for stud damage.

http://www.retrax.net/  $199.00 + $19.95 Shipping US pricing

http://www.skiwheelz.ca  $299.00 +$20 shipping Canadian pricing

I have the SkiWheelz by Rouski and they work quite well.  They do not retract automatically when you get on snow, however.  You need to either get off and lift each ski to release the wheels or simply weight shift to lift each ski to retract them.

They are a lifesaver for skis and carbides (and steering) in parking lots and hard road running.

Do you have a sled to put these on?

I saw some of the pieces does that count?

I have the SkiWheelz by Rouski and they work quite well.  They do not retract automatically when you get on snow, however.  You need to either get off and lift each ski to release the wheels or simply weight shift to lift each ski to retract them.

They are a lifesaver for skis and carbides (and steering) in parking lots and hard road running.

Thanks Sledjunk. How are the wheels lasting? I noticed you said hard road running. At what point are they unusable?

Thanks Sledjunk. How are the wheels lasting? I noticed you said hard road running. At what point are they unusable?

When the roads get mushy, the wheels still help but they are small wheels and tend to spray muddy water.  You really need to go slow to prevent this.  The spray gets everywhere; sled, faceshield, suit, etc.

The same thing happens, but to a lesser extent if you run through puddles on pavement at speed.  This is usually not a problem.

The wheels have lasted quite well and I am going into the third season with them.  That is about 8K but obviously not on the wheels  ;-).

I originally bought them from WB when I upgraded to the Arrow Skis to protect them.  But are they ever slick when you pull into a gas station that is plowed to bare pavement!!

Do you have a sled to put these on?

I saw some of the pieces does that count?

Nope, but hopefully you get it done!

The original service manager informed me the sled would be ready back in mid August. I went in a week later to find a temp service guy. He tells me they will start it on the next day and it will be ready in 1 1/2 weeks. I go in the weekend after labour day to find a 3rd service manager. He tells me it will be ready in a couple of weeks. Well that time is running out. So I guess we'll see. (Of course the 1st 2 lied and the sled was never started.)

P S. I guess my only hope is they F up again and sell this one on me too. :banghead:

I tried a set of RETRAX wheels...they worked as advertised. The only problem I had with them is if ridden in snow deeper than the wheels in their retracted position it sprayed snow up over the windshield right onto my helmet....on groomed trail no problems. As I do a lot of off trail riding I took them off after a couple of rides.

I'll sell them for $50 plus shipping.

Like new for an Arctic Cat with standard ski (vs blow molded).

Up position

1RETRAXup.jpg

Down position

1RETRAXdown.jpg

I tried a set of RETRAX wheels...they worked as advertised. The only problem I had with them is if ridden in snow deeper than the wheels in their retracted position it sprayed snow up over the windshield right onto my helmet....on groomed trail no problems. As I do a lot of off trail riding I took them off after a couple of rides.

Sounds like a good price for someone. I need the Pilot ski version for a Doo

I've ridden with Sledjunk and can attest to the process being fast and easy.

I'm sure he's smiling under that helmet as sparks fly from my skis on bare pavement in those huge parking lots newer gas stations seem to have.

THis is what I put on both our sleds last winter. Not far off 300bucks a set but work pretty good. check out the website below.

www.qualipieces.com

I'm running retrax on my polaris fst iq touring ... they do pick up a fair bit of snow on fresh trails, but, thats the only draw back so far ... and it is quite nice to be able to steer on pavement and not gouge the garage floor

THis is what I put on both our sleds last winter. Not far off 300bucks a set but work pretty good. check out the website below.

www.qualipieces.com

Interesting alternative, but website lacks information. Retrax is offering their product for $199 at this time on the website. Although they lost me at $40 to ship to Canada and they do not state who they will ship via. So if by UPS, you could be looking at another $70 worth of customs and brokerage fees plus HST. This could get expensive real quick dealing with the U.S. Maybe they'll show up at the Snowmobile show with a deal :rotflmao:

www.qualipieces.com

Interesting alternative, but website lacks information. Retrax is offering their product for $199 at this time on the website. Although they lost me at $40 to ship to Canada and they do not state who they will ship via. So if by UPS, you could be looking at another $70 worth of customs and brokerage fees plus HST. This could get expensive real quick dealing with the U.S. Maybe they'll show up at the Snowmobile show with a deal :rotflmao:

The folks at Qualipieces will answer emails but don't necessarily discuss price as they don't sell directly to us. They told me who the nearest dealers were so I called two of them and went with the dealer that gave me the best deal on two sets. I think I got them for 280 each plus tax. One differece ith these is they don't have the little handle you grap to engage them. Instead, they have a little knob you place your toe/foot on and press downwards as you lift the toe of the ski. Works pretty quicky once you do it a couple times. Putting them bac you can simply get off and grab the toe of ski again and just give it a quick little flip,OR I just stand up and give sled a bit of a rock back and forth and down they go. I have also got them to retract by giving it a shot of gas once on trail. One deciding feature for me was the enclosed oil bath. You can easily unscrew the cap and add a bit of fresh oil if required. I've seen the other models work well too but have heard about the snow spray with them. I have not yet had that with these.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Skiwheelz on my sled for 17,000km. I would buy them again. They work just as Sledjunk said in his post. It sure would be great to have a system with a switch you could flip to put them up and down.

• 2 weeks later...

Up position

1RETRAXup.jpg

Down position

1RETRAXdown.jpg

Do you still have them?I'm interested for sure.

Kerry

Send rws a PM or email him. He is more likely to see it that way.

Will do.

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Sold to Kerry.

Will do.

Kerry

Sold to Kerry.

Sweet deal!

I was checking out the Qual pieces at the PPSC show yesterday, all I can say is I want some!!

I couldn't believe how easy they are to use, just don't know if they would work/fit on my new ski's?

• 3 weeks later...

And a happy buyer he is!Just waiting for my dealer to find me the upgraded skis for my sled and we're good to go.Thanks again rws.

Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

Can't remember the name but I got them at the YYZ sled show 2 years ago...$150 cash.

Install yourself in 20 minutes.

They work great and auto retract on the other side of the road with an abrubt rocking motion.

I will ask around for the name....came from Quebec I remember.

post-21236-0-40259000-1291158869_thumb.jpg

Archived