SUMMER TOYS!

Evil

rainX

Is that Horne's ferry from Wolfe Island to Cape Vincent? Been there, done that.

No,it is the coast guard docks in Mackanac City Michigan,,,,,

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New trailer this year, we love camping and cottaging so this year we are going to try and do both.

post-19793-127072684652.jpg

Cottage Reno's almost done, maybe this year we can relax a bit.

post-19793-127072701486.jpg

Maybe even have time to take the SS.Ugly out on the lake.

post-19793-127072702718.jpg

Nice! Going to be hard to decide which one to use, they both beautiful!

Nice! Going to be hard to decide which one to use, they both beautiful!

Thanks Evil, yes it is going to be hard. We love the cottage but really miss camping, I am guessing this summer there will be more camping than cottaging. Plus there is not enough room in the trailer for all the company that typically is at the cottage... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very busy lately. Income Taxes, Work, Sled repairs, summerizing, painting the house and here is one of the good reasons. The Summer toy is finally on its final leg of the adventure. Going to pick it up tomorrow :)

post-19700-127203639661.jpg

post-19700-127203659036.jpg

post-19700-127203659092.jpg

post-19700-127203676738.jpg

post-19700-127203659148.jpg

I have been very busy lately. Income Taxes, Work, Sled repairs, summerizing, painting the house and here is one of the good reasons. The Summer toy is finally on its final leg of the adventure. Going to pick it up tomorrow :)

Cool monkey. when's the booze cruze :) ?

and I burn a little premium too

DSC00366.jpg

Jeeeezus that's quite the contraption! What kind of power does it make?

Jeeeezus that's quite the contraption! What kind of power does it make?

It made 902hp at 6000 and over 800lbf/tq from 2900 up to 5950 with a peak of 870 at 4600.

And it has landed in Lake Ontario.... Yesterday of all days with 4-8 foot waves, rain, cold and 35 km/h winds..... :banghead:

Traveled from the Burlington Skyway to Bronte. Needless to say I was the only boat on the water yesterday. Took us 1.5 hours to do the 20 minute cruise.

post-19700-12722863096.jpg

And it has landed in Lake Ontario.... Yesterday of all days with 4-8 foot waves, rain, cold and 35 km/h winds..... :banghead:

Traveled from the Burlington Skyway to Bronte. Needless to say I was the only boat on the water yesterday. Took us 1.5 hours to do the 20 minute cruise.

Nice boat ! Details please size and power

rainX

Is that Horne's ferry from Wolfe Island to Cape Vincent? Been there, done that.

Well, its not nearly as impressive as the above, but we once staged for a crossing.....on this beauty! :right_on:

you bet

28' and 9' 7" Beam with a Mercruiser 7.4L (330HP) and a Bravo III OD. :-D

And it has landed in Lake Ontario.... Yesterday of all days with 4-8 foot waves, rain, cold and 35 km/h winds..... BangHead.gif

Where is this weather of which you speak. Nothing but blue skies here in Ryde Township. Of course, there are no sinners here either ! icon_e_wink.gif

too nice a boat for a monkey... you're best to let me take care of it for you :mrgreen:

Nice boat Dom!

Nice Boat, Dom. Hope you have many great times aboard.

Nice canoe Dom enjoy.........if that 454(7.4l)doen't cut it theres a fresh blown 502 kicking around ;-)

Nice canoe Dom enjoy.........if that 454(7.4l)doen't cut it theres a fresh blown 502 kicking around icon_e_wink.gif

After all the work that you and I and 800 and Easy went to helping him sell the last boat I expect that he will lend it to us for a few days. When is good for you guyz? LemmeeNO and I'll call the Bada Bing to line up the 'hostesses'. icon_e_wink.gif

Some lovely examples of summer vehicles, folks.

Enjoy Lake Ontario, Domino.

Years ago, we had a Doral on the Lake. Fifty Points Marina was a favourite destination. Avoid the military gun range immediately to the south (they train by shooting out, over the water - the grid on the map warns you about the firing range - high towers warn you at night).

Anyhow, great looking summer toys.

Hmmm, shopping list for some serious Monkey power :)

New aluminum cylinder heads, .600" lift cam and roller lifters, intake manifold, 850 carb and a set of stainless headers and voila, 500 plus Monkey ( horse ) Power. That would get ya across the lake to the bars in Port Dalhousie or back from an illegal smoke and booze run to Wilson NY real quick :)

Oh, and some mufflers to keep ya legal ;)

New aluminum cylinder heads, .600" lift cam and roller lifters, intake manifold, 850 carb and a set of stainless headers and voila, 500 plus Monkey ( horse ) Power. That would get ya across the lake to the bars in Port Dalhousie or back from an illegal smoke and booze run to Wilson NY real quick :)

Hey Sean,

I was always told the 7.4 was a lost cause because of the bottom end. I was always told that it wasnt stout enough for anymore than what it was rated at.

28' and 9' 7" Beam with a Mercruiser 7.4L (330HP) and a Bravo III OD. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hmmm, shopping list for some serious Monkey power smile.gif

New aluminum cylinder heads, .600" lift cam and roller lifters, intake manifold, 850 carb and a set of stainless headers and voila, 500 plus Monkey ( horse ) Power. That would get ya across the lake to the bars in Port Dalhousie or back from an illegal smoke and booze run to Wilson NY real quick smile.gif

Oh, and some mufflers to keep ya legal wink.gif

Hey Sean,

I was always told the 7.4 was a lost cause because of the bottom end. I was always told that it wasnt stout enough for anymore than what it was rated at.

Anything I've ever read on the 7.4 always concludes with something like "Don't touch it ! ".

28' and 9' 7" Beam with a Mercruiser 7.4L (330HP) and a Bravo III OD. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hmmm, shopping list for some serious Monkey power smile.gif

New aluminum cylinder heads, .600" lift cam and roller lifters, intake manifold, 850 carb and a set of stainless headers and voila, 500 plus Monkey ( horse ) Power. That would get ya across the lake to the bars in Port Dalhousie or back from an illegal smoke and booze run to Wilson NY real quick smile.gif

Oh, and some mufflers to keep ya legal wink.gif

Hey Sean,

Anything I've ever read on the 7.4 always concludes with something like "Don't touch it ! ".

Car motors are for cars :).

Hey Sean,

I was told that the 454 Marine block was popular for high performance building. :wtf:

Hey Sean,

I was told that the 454 Marine block was popular for high performance building. :wtf:

Not the standard 7.4 but the mag unit is, sort of.

Archived