OFSC at it again

02Sled

Our Club would undoubtedly agree to NO more On-Line sales by OFSC because of: Too slow of payment to Clubs and greater possibility of losing a sale to some other entity and long delay in finding out how many were sold.

I went through our Classic Permit sales and saw a lot of old sleds registered so that was positive. My wife's 96 Touring E LT is eligible next year but I don't regard it as a 'Classic' but what the hell, it's $125 saving in our pocket.

I agree the Classic Permits should be cut off at December 1st for that major league discount.

BB - NBSC

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about how or if it works in QC but their season permit is cheaper for a year if you are out of province, if you buy early their the permit price is $235.00 which includes your $5000,000.00 liability insurance, buying if you live out of the province you can apply for and receive $40.00 back because you are not using the liability insurance, so their full season permit if purchased early is $195.00 for anyone out of province. No matter how you spin the sponsorship they are still out the 6 figure amount of money, which would have been on top of what else they have obtained since then. That's like saying you work for a company and you recive a bonus from one division and you piss them off and they don't pay any more but you pick up the same amount of bonus from another division you break even, but if you still had the first one and picked up the second one you would be money ahead, so you are still short of what the potential could be.

Our Club would undoubtedly agree to NO more On-Line sales by OFSC because of: Too slow of payment to Clubs and greater possibility of losing a sale to some other entity and long delay in finding out how many were sold.

I went through our Classic Permit sales and saw a lot of old sleds registered so that was positive. My wife's 96 Touring E LT is eligible next year but I don't regard it as a 'Classic' but what the hell, it's $125 saving in our pocket.

I agree the Classic Permits should be cut off at December 1st for that major league discount.

BB - NBSC

BB did you guys do a cross referance to check how many if any where previously buying a full pop permit ?

So far the best proposal I've heard yet is .... $125 before Dec 1st $150 after, along with a freeze at the 95 and older model year till 2015(where we will review the model year criteria), and propose tom the MTO to agree to allow each club one local selling entity.

Not a big fan of the online sales myself, but not for the reason of buying where you ride, since it makes it much easier for buyers to do so, cutting down on conveniance buying in areas they don't ride their most miles in.

All we need now are letters and or phone calls from Master Card wanting to know if we want a OFSC affinity credit card :rolleyes: .

That might be cool. Can I earn points towards my permit??? :right_on:

All we need now are letters and or phone calls from Master Card wanting to know if we want a OFSC affinity credit card :rolleyes: .

That might be cool. Can I earn points towards my permit??? :right_on:

Now thats a good idea ! Right now the bonus goes to the OFSC corporatly I am not sure of how large or small it is but it is a very old program .

If I want insurance, personal or life, I'll call my agent. If the OFSC were to add more offers like the Mark's discount when all they send you is a card I don't think people would mind.

A lot of people detest the amount of crap that comes in the mail & goes directly into the blue box.

Kris we do our best to keep the permit price as low as possible, and cost saving deal offers to permit buyers by soliciting sponsors and advertisers that are of interest to sledders. Can't win them all over but we try our best with resources available.

Link to list of 09/10 season partners/sponsors

http://www.ofsc.on.c...entpartners.asp

Link top list of member benift providers for the 09/10 season

http://www.ofsc.on.c...mits/WhyBuy.asp

BTW ..... I gladly carry an OFSC/Mastercard :woot: :woot:

http://www4.bmo.com/...inity/rewards/0,2273,35649_79071944,00.html

If anyone knows a co that would like some big exposure for a good price by all means direct them to the OFSC marketing Dept by having them call the main phone # 705-739-7669 and ask for Josh Grills

p.s. Nutter you never said if u bought the new sled? DO tell!

Still on the fence with a couple deals out there and whether to take a big hit on my sled, even with the brand new crate mill with warrenty till Feb 2012 in it, I'm not really seeing the trade in offers I expected.

Links are not working. Here is the mastercard link OFSC Mastercard

Where does the money come from to run what we have ?

The OFSC is sitting on this incredibly valuable resource which they refuse to do anything with. There are so many money making opportunities there that it isn't even funny. They even had at least one volunteer willing to help improve upon it, once upon a time. But instead of excitement surrounding the idea of improvement, the ideas were met with fear and cynicism. Oh well...

If they paid well into the OFSC coffers and the mailing information was retained within the OFSC I would reposition myself on this. I am in favour of anything that will bring cash flow into the OFSC and subsequently to the clubs and would be more than happy to assist with the same provided the confidential nature of the membership information was not compromised.

I'm just really suprised you didn't learn this info through your club, association or district, or read about it in Main Trail ?

Hi Nutter... you are part of an outstanding club and have a keen dedication which is obvious. Not all of us are that fortunate. A couple of years back I tried to volunteer for our local club and at the time was told they had all the help they needed. They did contact me some months later to ask if I wanted to be a bartender at a dinner to benefit the Chamber of Commerce and the snowmobile club. I declined. Since then the club has been evolving and new life being brought into it. As a result my offer to volunteer has been accepted with open arms. As for learning this info through my club or district the communication lines aren't really there. At our recent BBQ I was collecting email addresses so that we as a club can keep people informed. I know I filled out my forms for my permit with the email addresses for both my wife and I and when the member list from the District was sent to us so that we could communicate with our members our email addresses weren't there. At the moment the only means of communication readily available is the newspaper style magazine for Muskoka and the Near North that comes out a few times a season with an article by each club. I read it front to back and there was never a mention of the insurance and a contiribution from the insurance company.

Not everyone has the same information available to them. One of the lines I hear so often is that there are things going on in the club that can't be discussed right now. Ideally if this is a club there shouldn't be secrets. Everyone should be aware of what is being planned or explored in THEIR club. Not just the elite few of the inner circle. This seems to be a common thread in so many organizations. It's almost like the government. You elected us... we know what is best... Things keep getting better.

One way for the insurance letter to have been better received would have been to start ie.

We would like to thank XYZ company for their sponsorship and financial support of the OFSC. In conjunction with their sponsorship we are also able to offer the following insurance to you...

That makes it clear there was a financial consideration to the OFSC. Also a reference to indicate that the personal information had not been disclosed to the insurance company would have also benefitted.

I am a strong supporter of the OFSC, the clubs and the goals. That does not mean that I will agree with everything they believe or do. Hopefully we are not all sheep following blindly what is put in front of us as being the best opportunity / solution.

Hi Nutter... you are part of an outstanding club and have a keen dedication which is obvious. Not all of us are that fortunate. A couple of years back I tried to volunteer for our local club and at the time was told they had all the help they needed. They did contact me some months later to ask if I wanted to be a bartender at a dinner to benefit the Chamber of Commerce and the snowmobile club. I declined. Since then the club has been evolving and new life being brought into it. As a result my offer to volunteer has been accepted with open arms. As for learning this info through my club or district the communication lines aren't really there. At our recent BBQ I was collecting email addresses so that we as a club can keep people informed. I know I filled out my forms for my permit with the email addresses for both my wife and I and when the member list from the District was sent to us so that we could communicate with our members our email addresses weren't there. At the moment the only means of communication readily available is the newspaper style magazine for Muskoka and the Near North that comes out a few times a season with an article by each club. I read it front to back and there was never a mention of the insurance and a contiribution from the insurance company.

Not everyone has the same information available to them. One of the lines I hear so often is that there are things going on in the club that can't be discussed right now. Ideally if this is a club there shouldn't be secrets. Everyone should be aware of what is being planned or explored in THEIR club. Not just the elite few of the inner circle. This seems to be a common thread in so many organizations. It's almost like the government. You elected us... we know what is best... Things keep getting better.

One way for the insurance letter to have been better received would have been to start ie.

We would like to thank XYZ company for their sponsorship and financial support of the OFSC. In conjunction with their sponsorship we are also able to offer the following insurance to you...

That makes it clear there was a financial consideration to the OFSC. Also a reference to indicate that the personal information had not been disclosed to the insurance company would have also benefitted.

I am a strong supporter of the OFSC, the clubs and the goals. That does not mean that I will agree with everything they believe or do. Hopefully we are not all sheep following blindly what is put in front of us as being the best opportunity / solution.

My perception of my club was the same when I first started with them, I just worked to change what I thought needed changing, same as Yukon has done with your club.

Sometimes we have to remember "secrets" (sensitive info) are sometimes secrets for a reason, I have first hand seen a very worthy and needed trail project sink like a rock, because one club member who wasn't quite as involved as others because personal logistics didn't allow for more then what he did, decided to talk to every Tom, Dick and Harry about this project with facts that weren't straight or some missing. This carried over from Tom, Dick and Harry to down the line, till it became a huge clusterf@$k of rumors spread far and wide, turning the project into a political nightmare leading to it becoming shelved for good. Not at all unlike what a thread of this nature can do to future advertisers and supporters. All I can say is Gary is you seem to want to be further involved and informed, voice that at club, association and district meetings it's your right, but always keep in mind once you have the information you are trusted to use it accordingly and ethically in the best interest of the permit buyer, as that's the trust territory that goes with club, association, dist and OFSC positions.

Also I read the Near North and MSR mags, both fantastic local publications ... but I read Main Trail and the Go Snowmobiling mag to get the news on provincial happenings.

It appears the joint NNTA-MSR SNOWMOBILE! newspaper will not be published next year due to funding issues.

I enjoyed contributing to this newspaper and enjoyed reading the issues and news from all of the other clubs in both MSR & NNTA.

It appears the joint NNTA-MSR SNOWMOBILE! newspaper will not be published next year due to funding issues.

I enjoyed contributing to this newspaper and enjoyed reading the issues and news from all of the other clubs in both MSR & NNTA.

Shame to hear, maybe it could be done on a smaller scale (basic photo copied newsletters) or just electronically ?

Shame to hear, maybe it could be done on a smaller scale (basic photo copied newsletters) or just electronically ?

Options are just being weighed to be more cost effective , there will be a newsletter in one shape or form.

Maybe you could get a sponsor like say maybe an Insurance Company or credit card company ?

Hey Brian, I have a idea how to try & fix this, Give me a email or call when you get back.

Rich

Glad to hear that something will be developed as an alternative.

This website certainly has the potential to support such an endeavour at very minimal cost and more timely news and greater exposure.

I am sure we could help out. 8-)

Maybe you could get a sponsor like say maybe an Insurance Company or credit card company ?

:rotflmao:

OMG Dave I think I just tinkled a little in my dungarees

Archived