NEW Ontario Conditions Website

Domino

Just got on here this morning. Is there a link in a topic to the first unread post? That was my usual way of viewing.

Otherwise, looks good.

Top Right, Below the banners, 'View New Content'

Since the migration, it will be a little funky at first until it gets to know you. :unsure:

OK, so it was starting at the top of the thread because it was the first visit, right?

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got on here this morning. Is there a link in a topic to the first unread post? That was my usual way of viewing.

Otherwise, looks good.

Since the migration, it will be a little funky at first until it gets to know you. :unsure:

OK, so it was starting at the top of the thread because it was the first visit, right?

Thanks

YEs, because it was the first visit here. You'll get that on any topic that is the first here, even though you read it on the old forum.

Otherwise, looks good.

View new content points me to new topics but not the first unread post in the thread. Even the emailed links only point to the top of the page where the first unread post is.

Otherwise, looks good.

View new content points me to new topics but not the first unread post in the thread. Even the emailed links only point to the top of the page where the first unread post is.

Yep - I still see no way to tell what post is new without taking the time to read many of them aggin. ???

Otherwise, looks good.

Yep - I still see no way to tell what post is new without taking the time to read many of them aggin. ???

When you logged into the new board for the first time, all posts are unread! If you go to the main page and scroll to the bottom. there is a link to click called "Mark Board As Read". All new post from this point on will now be darker then read posts.

In this screen grab only the 'Groomer Question' topic is unread.

All new post from this point on will now be darker then read posts.

Some still don't stand out. The forum shows a black folder indicating new post, but inside that forum the new post may not be indicated with a black folder. It seems there are some beige(?) coloured folders that hold new posts too. And they don't stand out at all.

Some still don't stand out. The forum shows a black folder indicating new post, but inside that forum the new post may not be indicated with a black folder. It seems there are some beige(?) coloured folders that hold new posts too. And they don't stand out at all.

There is a legend......and its not STG. :poke:

Do yoy see the small icon next to 'Groomer Question'. Does that help you pick out the new threads?

I realize there is a legend but it doesn't change the fact that the beige ones don't stand out as well as the black ones. Maybe, if it's so important to have beige, the colour can be made darker so it stands out. (?)

I realize there is a legend but it doesn't change the fact that the beige ones don't stand out as well as the black ones. Maybe, if it's so important to have beige, the colour can be made darker so it stands out. (?)

<<<<<<The left is UnRead

the right is read>>>>>>>

Do yoy see the small icon next to 'Groomer Question'. Does that help you pick out the new threads?

Yes it does. But look at the thread below it. That thread also contains new post(s) but it's not readily apparent. Only after exiting the forum and seeing a black folder do I note that I've missed the beige ones and have to reopen it again.

And, as we all know, I'm a lazy b*st*rd. Or, I expect technology to be my friend. One or the other.

<<<<<<The left is UnRead

the right is read>>>>>>>

At the sake of sounding repetitive, let me be repetitive: "I realize there is a legend but it doesn't change the fact that the beige ones don't stand out as well as the black ones. Maybe, if it's so important to have beige, the colour can be made darker so it stands out. (?)"

Is there control over the colours?

Yes it does. But look at the thread below it. That thread also contains new post(s) but it's not readily apparent. Only after exiting the forum and seeing a black folder do I note that I've missed the beige ones and have to reopen it again.

And, as we all know, I'm a lazy b*st*rd. Or, I expect technology to be my friend. One or the other.

When I took the screen grab there was no new posts in any thread but 'Groomer Question'

Do we have control over the colours ?

A) (1)Yes? Great, can we make the BeigeNewPost darker so it stands out more? (1a)Yes - Terrific, thanks. (1b) No - thanks for the answer.

Bee) No. - thanks for the answer.

A) (1)Yes? Great, can we make the BeigeNewPost darker so it stands out more? (1a)Yes - Terrific, thanks. (1b) No - thanks for the answer.

There is control to the point that we can replace the graphics used, or colourize then with custom colours. I can also look for a better skin with High Contrast for Blind Mice.

There is control to the point that we can replace the graphics used, or colourize then with custom colours. I can also look for a better skin with High Contrast for Blind Mice.

In defense of the Mouse {shudder}, it's a number of us old farts :rolleyes:

Otherwise, looks good.

When you logged into the new board for the first time, all posts are unread! If you go to the main page and scroll to the bottom. there is a link to click called "Mark Board As Read". All new post from this point on will now be darker then read posts.

I did go through and mark them all as read. I can determine which threads have new posts, but cannot get to those new posts without scrolling through a number of old ones in the same thread.

Looks fantastic, nice work :woot::woot:

Otherwise, looks good.

I did go through and mark them all as read. I can determine which threads have new posts, but cannot get to those new posts without scrolling through a number of old ones in the same thread.

There should be no more then 3 threads that have been 'Pinned' at the top of each sub forum. They will say pinned beside them or announcement but after that most recent post goes to the top

I was NOT in question of the THREADS that have been replied to - although those icons suck as well. My question is where is the "new post" status in the thread? As in - if you just now saw this thread topped and you opened it - other than reading the last page to see what's new - how can you scroll right to the "new post".

On the other software we had a little yeller box light up for NEW POST. I see nothing here.

All that crap above is a nightmare during posting right now - but I know that it will come out in the worsh after I hit SEND.

I didn't know that there was anything wrong with the old? This is two steps back w/o the one step ahead AFAIK. ???

I was NOT in question of the THREADS that have been replied to - although those icons suck as well. My question is where is the "new post" status in the thread? As in - if you just now saw this thread topped and you opened it - other than reading the last page to see what's new - how can you scroll right to the "new post".

On the other software we had a little yeller box light up for NEW POST. I see nothing here.

All that crap above is a nightmare during posting right now - but I know that it will come out in the worsh after I hit SEND.

I didn't know that there was anything wrong with the old? This is two steps back w/o the one step ahead AFAIK. ???

OX,

We have taken a huge step forward here and at a substantial cost. This is to provide a better user experience overall. Change is always intimidating at first. You will find that you can "view new content" for a listing of all new posts since your last visit. There is a small icon beside the title that will take you to the most recent unread posts in a topic.

However, since the board has no history of what you have read or not read, you will get all the posts, so it seems like it is not working.

I would suggest that you, on the main forum index page, "mark forum read". This will let the board know that you have read everything. On your next visit, things will work better and more as expected. By the way, that is one of the new features :)

Ox must be really riled...never seen him out of the "Club North" section of the forum before... :poke:

It would seem that this thread would be the one pinned at the top of all boards rather than the one that "welcomes" you and is locked.

So I had'ta come here to find a "how to" thread.

BTW - I saw the little icon on the library page to take you to new posts, but it would seem that there would be some means of being able to see the diff once you were inside the thread. I have never seen a forum software that did not show that in the last 10 yrs. So yes - I see this as cheap junk. I don't know what features were gained - but the threads look cheap and are hard to use IMO.

I like the new look.

Folks with dial-up have suggested it works 'faster', which is great.

Still can't locate PM's, but the 'notice' via my registered email account works great (text of message appears in email).

It's progress. Thanks Domino et al.

I like the new look.

Folks with dial-up have suggested it works 'faster', which is great.

Still can't locate PM's, but the 'notice' via my registered email account works great (text of message appears in email).

It's progress. Thanks Domino et al.

Look at the top right hand corner of the page

Archived