QUICK QUESTION

ToSlow

If someone bought a permit at the sled show and never put a Vin# on the paper work. would it be illegal to resell the permit?

Don't ask Don't tell if that is where they bought it . But I am not sure that they sold any at the show without serial numbers. They usually make sure that they are completly filled out there. At any rate keep the contact information of the seller just in case there is an issue .

If I were buying any permit from someone other than a club authorized seller, I would be sure to check the serial # as there are still about 1000 "missing".

If someone bought a permit at the sled show and never put a Vin# on the paper work. would it be illegal to resell the permit?

Don't ask Don't tell if that is where they bought it . But I am not sure that they sold any at the show without serial numbers. They usually make sure that they are completly filled out there. At any rate keep the contact information of the seller just in case there is an issue .

I buy two trail permits at the show every year and have never filled in the serial numbers of the sleds since I never have the ownership with me. They have always been fine with that and over the last couple of years never even asked for that information.

I buy two trail permits at the show every year and have never filled in the serial numbers of the sleds since I never have the ownership with me. They have always been fine with that and over the last couple of years never even asked for that information.

Ok that is news to me I had some complaints that they would not sell permits there to some because of a lack of serial numbers.

I bought 3 permits at the show( for two different home clubs) and did NOT have to provide any vehicle information whatsoever...so I dont see a problem with flipping a permit if ya got one too many...

Ok that is news to me I had some complaints that they would not sell permits there to some because of a lack of serial numbers.

I have never had a problem with no serial number at the show. Often I have no idea what it is as its being built at the time of the show.

I have never had a problem with no serial number at the show. Often I have no idea what it is as its being built at the time of the show.

Ain't that the truth! :poke:

Seriously, I've had the same experience at the show ... no VIN required. However, this year we missed the show and went to Duck Rock to pick up the permits ... they wouldn't sell them to us without the VIN. Somewhat a pain in the a$$ ... it was a good thing someone was home to provide the information.

What the heck is a Duck Rock ? :confused::?:confused:

http://www.duck-rock.com/

Duck Rock resort is located on the shores of Whitestone lake, Ontario in the village of Dunchurch.

Of course. Live is MrSauga, miss picking them up at the show so take a quick run up to Dunchurch to buy them.

I understand.

:roll:

:crazy:

Duck Rock resort is located on the shores of Whitestone lake, Ontario in the village of Dunchurch.

Of course. Live is MrSauga, miss picking them up at the show so take a quick run up to Dunchurch to buy them.

I understand.

Right by the cottage ... were up there to get it ready for winter. :P

Figured we'd buy where we're gonna ride. :crazy:

I understand.

What cottage? :o You never told me about a cottage in Dunchurch. :shock: WORSER still, you never invited me to visit your cottage in Dunchurch on my sled. :cry:

I want the ring back ! :x

I understand.

Hey, maple -- you've got a cottage at Dunchurch?...awesome!...now we've got somewhere to stay over in that area. :lol: :P

Try the lunch (or dinner) at Whitestone Lake Resort...it's good.

I understand.

Hey, maple -- you've got a cottage at Dunchurch?...awesome!...now we've got somewhere to stay over in that area. :lol: :P

I'm thinking we can all stay there ! As a base sometimes and as an overnight on trips passing through.

Thanks for offering this up irREVerent ! I know agents are sometimes unappreciated but whatever you're getting for this is not enough. I've got hundreds of others to tell !

Thanks ... we had dinner there this summer when we were scoping out venues for the 2010 OCR4K. The food was fabulous ... too bad they're not large enough to hold our group. :(

The owners are actually friends of 'Mr Maple's' parents ... I would highly recommend Whitestone Lake Resort if you're ever in the area. ;)

:wavey:

I understand.

I'm thinking we can all stay there ! As a base sometimes and as an overnight on trips passing through.

Thanks for offering this up irREVerent ! I know agents are sometimes unappreciated but whatever you're getting for this is not enough. I've got hundreds of others to tell !

You're most welcome, STG...I'll be happy to give you 15%** of my agent's fee on this and all future promotions. Just send me a $100 cheque (signed by you) for account validation and set-up purposes, to get things rolling. :D8-)

**for all you math-chalenged readers, 15% of $0 is still $0

Thanks ... we had dinner there this summer when we were scoping out venues for the 2010 OCR4K. The food was fabulous ... too bad they're not large enough to hold our group. :(

The owners are actually friends of 'Mr Maple's' parents ... I would highly recommend Whitestone Lake Resort if you're ever in the area. ;)

I'll second that!...we stopped there overnight on a short, late-season saddle-bag outing from Huntsville 2 years ago, and it was NICE!...and almost empty, with only a few other guests, which was a real shame, given how nice it is and how good the trail conditions were at the time. Perhaps that's because it is somewhat off the beaten track, in terms of both highway access and the main trail, but it is definitely worth following the stake line all the way up Whitestone Lake for a meal or an overnight stay.

Now maple, I think you forgot to give us directions to your place near Dunchurch...fire away! :D :poke: :wavey:

I'll second that!...we stopped there overnight on a short, late-season saddle-bag outing from Huntsville 2 years ago, and it was NICE!...and almost empty, with only a few other guests, which was a real shame, given how nice it is and how good the trail conditions were at the time. Perhaps that's because it is somewhat off the beaten track, in terms of both highway access and the main trail, but it is definitely worth following the stake line all the way up Whitestone Lake for a meal or an overnight stay.

Now maple, I think you forgot to give us directions to your place near Dunchurch...fire away! :D :poke: :wavey:

Land registry is a matter of public record. I guess we could search for property she owns with the township and take it from there. Just picture it 40 sleds in the yard and Maple at the stove cooking for all her guests. :poke:

Land registry is a matter of public record. I guess we could search for property she owns with the township and take it from there. Just picture it 40 sleds in the yard and Maple at the stove cooking for all her guests. :poke:

Now THAT would be a sight!!!! :poke: :poke:

Now THAT would be a sight!!!! :poke: :poke:

Phone the folks at Ripley's !! :P :P

Archived