QUICK QUESTION

ToSlow

Land registry is a matter of public record. I guess we could search for property she owns with the township and take it from there. Just picture it 40 sleds in the yard and Maple at the stove cooking for all her guests. :poke:

I don't think that's going to get you very far since the cottage does not belong to me ... I'm just dating the owner. :oops:

And I'm not sure where you get 40 sleds :crazy: ... once you mention I'm cooking you'll be lucky to see four or five (and two of those would belong to us). :rotflmao:

And I'm not sure where you get 40 sleds :crazy: ... once you mention I'm cooking you'll be lucky to see four or five (and two of those would belong to us). :rotflmao:

I can vouch for that! :poke:

:P

I've got a few words for you ...

PKB.gif

:P

I've got a few words for you ...

PKB.gif

:itwasuts:

well outdoor power sports in g-town must charge an admin fee of $5 when i paid with cc. ummm

Recently? As of December 2nd, the permit would be $250.

i bought in November, i just look at my receipt and it say $205

Ain't right.

Agreed...I bought mine with a CC and was NOT charged any kind of auxiliary fees.

Check with the Club for whom that seller represents.

Ain't right.

Agreed...I bought mine with a CC and was NOT charged any kind of auxiliary fees.

You are right... ain't right. I have always bought our permits with a credit card and never been charged extra. I suspect what they are doing is looking to recoup the fee assessed them for the transaction by credit card. Every time a vendor processes a credit transaction there is a fee they must absorb. It is usually a percentage of the transaction. Something like a transaction fee when you use an ATM. In this case he charged you 2.5% which may be high but it depends on his agreement with his provider.

One would hope that if his business benefits from snowmobilers that he would look at it as an inexpensive promtional cost and simply right it off or absorb it. I know friends who have purchased from a local gas station in our sled area by credit card have never been charged a premium. However I also know the owner is always glad to help out in the community. His business benefits directly from sledders and I am sure he understands and appreciates the revenue we generate.

Ain't right.

You are right... ain't right. I have always bought our permits with a credit card and never been charged extra. I suspect what they are doing is looking to recoup the fee assessed them for the transaction by credit card. Every time a vendor processes a credit transaction there is a fee they must absorb. It is usually a percentage of the transaction. Something like a transaction fee when you use an ATM. In this case he charged you 2.5% which may be high but it depends on his agreement with his provider.

One would hope that if his business benefits from snowmobilers that he would look at it as an inexpensive promtional cost and simply right it off or absorb it. I know friends who have purchased from a local gas station in our sled area by credit card have never been charged a premium. However I also know the owner is always glad to help out in the community. His business benefits directly from sledders and I am sure he understands and appreciates the revenue we generate.

Clubs also provide vendors with credit card machines (old-fashioned 'clickclick' ones) and the transaction goes directly to the club, not through the business owner thereby capturing the credit card fee at the club level. This guy should not be putting the transactions through his own business. Besides, why does he want the headache of the extra journal entries? He has the option, as many do, to be a cash only vendor as well.

• 2 weeks later...

now that you mention it I remember mine at Reinhart Trailers Rep Orangeville Club it was going to be something like $205 they said b/c of CC I said stuff it and paid debit...

The club provides the machine to the vendor, so they do not have to incur financial issues, but since they wanted to play that way I'll pay by debit and the business has to pay for that machine....

A debit transaction costs pennies, CC costs a percentage.

Archived