Shining Tree – 3 Bears Camp

SlowTouringGuy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true LMAO

Huh?

I believe the inside joke is unknown to most....

Huh?

I believe the inside joke is unknown to most....

If you're speaking to Kelly she'll laugh and say yup he does know my lawyer in Mitchell.

Cindy was there before Kelly and she was great so hopefully Branden will find another great host.

Was Kelly not hooked up with Brandon?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Brandon has been in poor health for a number of years.

He has on foot in the grave and one on a banana peel.

Small businesses are in tough all over ON, hopefully the drop in the CDN $ helps to attract more US visitors and possibly retain more Canadians here in the province

taxes are killing business

The whole area was making a killing when exploration was in full bore mode.

I think it has slacked off a bit.\

The place defiantly need some TLC and hard work.

Asking price is way to hi for what you are getting.

Has to be a pretty dedicated person to be there 

If you're involving a family, everyone has to be on board.

• 2 months later...

It is now in recievership

Sad to see Shining Tree closed.

I'm starting to think that touring sledders have increased their prior range. Even a 20 percent increase in our range will allow us to 'make it' to the next gas station or town. 

The resorts that were at the edge of our prior limits may be bypassed.

Yes, if you loved the service you will go back to the resort. But the greater range is allowing us to leap frog many places where we once stayed. 

We've had some great memories at small resorts. This forum has provided a host of resort options. As winter approaches, feedback on all areas would be appreciated.

Just read the posts here or anywhere todays riders do not like rustic

People want to have a decent vacation not come back to dirty rooms and busted pipes or no hot water and some cases no microwave is a deal breaker.

Sad to see Shining Tree closed.

I'm starting to think that touring sledders have increased their prior range. Even a 20 percent increase in our range will allow us to 'make it' to the next gas station or town. 

The resorts that were at the edge of our prior limits may be bypassed.

But the greater range is allowing us to leap frog many places where we once stayed. 

I don't know if that would be the case. If I was travelling from Sudbury to Timmins via TOP C, would I skip getting gas in Shining Tree & push on to Mattagami/Gogama? I don't think so. We've always filled up when we can. You never know when you'll get to a destination & find no gas. BTDT.

We ran Sudbury to Gowganda and by-passed Shining Tree. Wouldn't have done that with what are now 'Classics'.

We've stopped at Shining Tree a few times over the years. Even ran there and back from Gowganda. Enjoyed the hospitality. Wish everyone well moving forward.

People want to have a decent vacation not come back to dirty rooms and busted pipes or no hot water and some cases no microwave is a deal breaker.

should be interesting to see if halfway survives in the long run then 

Archived