Gowganda/Elk Lake/ Matachewan Trails Update

Gowganda Lake Camp

Trail update March 10

Trails are still in very good condition. We groomed the "A" trail through Elk lake last night but are holding off now until after this latest front goes through. Freezing rain changing to snow tomorrow followed by cold temps and high winds..

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=P0J%201J0&metric=1&set=1

Depending on when the wind dies down we will start grooming either wed , or thurs night.

Will update again by thursday.

Ron

I'm sorry you have that band of reprobates there this week.

Stay out grooming as long as you can and Hide the DucKTape :shock::o:shock:

Duck tape?

Is there something I should know!! :?

For the Love of God, Ron; this is like looking over your shoulder or opening the door in a Horror Movie. Stop asking Questions !!!

Hide The DucKTape !! Send Giselle and the Boys out of town. Lock up the Store. Get in the Groomer and stay out on the trails till they check out Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO :!::shock::o:shock:

:rotflmao: Well they survived your stay :poke: so they so be okay with this group. I would say they are "seasoned" hosts now!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trail update March 10

Trails are still in very good condition. We groomed the "A" trail through Elk lake last night but are holding off now until after this latest front goes through. Freezing rain changing to snow tomorrow followed by cold temps and high winds..

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=P0J%201J0&metric=1&set=1

Depending on when the wind dies down we will start grooming either wed , or thurs night.

Ron

Duck tape?

For the Love of God, Ron; this is like looking over your shoulder or opening the door in a Horror Movie. Stop asking Questions !!!

Hide The DucKTape !! Send Giselle and the Boys out of town. Lock up the Store. Get in the Groomer and stay out on the trails till they check out Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotflmao: Well they survived your stay :poke: so they so be okay with this group. I would say they are "seasoned" hosts now!

Yes ... but there is one that has not been the same ever since he left..

damn :o now i need to make a detour to Housey`s Rapids on my way up HWY 11...its very close to Hwy 11 you know :lol: .......Yellow ducKtape for the Rodent :woot: ....he will be off line until monday .....thats when iam coming back through Housey`s Rapids :coffeespit:

Trail update March 10

Ron

Duck tape?

Yes ... but there is one that has not been the same ever since he left..

[attachment=0]image001.jpg[/attachment]

GAWD, I miss her :D:D

Trail update March 12

We didn't pick up any snow to speek of yesterday after the warm day previous and then into the deep freeze last night.

Trails are in great shape but hard. We started last night and will be out until Sat. am grooming to loosen up the tops a little..

A107C was groomed from Elk Lake to gowganda and Gowganda to C trail near Shining tree Last night

The "A" trail throught Elk Lake and the C106A and the L136 will be done tonight and tomorrow night.

Still lots of snow . Weather looks like we should be good until the end of the Month.. :woot:

Ron

Curious how things are holding up???

I have some friends up this week and we did a loop today from Gowganda to Shining tree to Matachewan and down the L136 back to Gowganda (130 miles) . The trails "themselves" are in great shape still. A107C from Gowganda to Shining tree was in good shape. The road crossings and shoulders have no snow now and you will ride on pavement there. The C trail into shining tree was good with only a couple dirt spots showing through on the top of a few hills in the clear cut. Had lunch at three Bears.. Very good (thank you Kelly). Brandon at Three bears recomended we take the alternate lake trail on the way to the L143 which was great. Flat (no slush) with water puddles . The L143 had only a couple spots showing through , the rest was hard pack or soft ice (no over heating problems).. The C106a to Matach was good. The L136 to Gowganda was excellent with lots of snow. Again once we were close to Gowganda and the main roads , there was some road rash riding but not too much. All and all the conditions are good considering the warm weather for the last two days. Temps are supposed to get colder starting tomorrow night.

I wouldn't recommend riding from Elk Lake to Gowganda via the A107c as the Beauty lake road is probably just about done unless we pick up some more snow. If travelling that direction take the "A" trail north out of Elk lake to the C106a towards Matachewan and then down the L136.

I hope this helps.. Conditions are not perfect but not too bad !!!

Ron

Any questions don't hesitate to give us a call..

53_866e3136f87118d736db97955362a010

262_d54a9f9f438bf528d0f0c355f61b5005

262_a97c1bd3aee215734b719df3fc58bb52

262_5c050b4c11fba2419128fd968a74fc56

Trail Update March 21

Connector sections going downhill fast. Main trails are good but it is getting hard to complete loops. If the weather forcast holds we will be pretty much finished on wednesday. I managed to put on about 400 miles this week and overall it was pretty good riding.. A little hard on the carbides near the highways but still some fun riding.

Will keep you posted !!!!

Ron

Thanks for the hospitality, managed to put on almost 500km thurs and friday. You are right, the feeder trails are deteriorating rapidly, unfortunate 'cause many sections are mid-winter perfect :cry:

Ditto the comments.

Ron, Giselle, thanks again and for staying up to late on Friday night. Helping those guys we met before Three bears really slowed us up some.

We will be back this summer, and next winter with a full crew.

Awesome hospitality!!

TRAIL UPDATE .. Thursday March 26...

TRAILS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED !!!!!!!!!!!

Do to the sections of our trails that were logged sometime throughout the season and are now just dirt or gravel we are forced to close things up...

Hopefully everyone that rode our sections of trail had smooth riding this season.

Our club has more improvement plans for our trails that will hopefully be completed for next season.

Thanks again to everyone and enjoy your summer.. The snow will be flying again before we know it.. :wavey::wavey::wavey:

Last trail report of 08/09 season!!! :(

Ron

Ron

Thanks for all your work this season.

Just when you were ready to put away the snow shovel!!!!

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0274/?ref=wxeyewxst#stermfx

We could have used this a week ago... :wtf:

Wow ! :o

It's snowing here today...........errrr! :angry:

I've had enough of the snow, itching to get my new bike out! :P

Snow in both front & back yards...........kids will be good on the mini-z for at least another 2 weeks! Only calling for a high here of 3 degrees max in ten days or so.

Never thought I'd say this, but please make it go away! :banghead:

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

Snow in both front & back yards...........kids will be good on the mini-z for at least another 2 weeks! Only calling for a high here of 3 degrees max in ten days or so.

Been snowless for a least a couple of weeks down here. :)

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

:mrgreen:

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

snow kidding ? :wavey:

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

Was going to respond with "snow crap" but that's not the case.... just spent 2 hours cleaning up that which had been covered in the glorious white stuff all winter. Dogs... ya gotta love em!

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

Was going to respond with "snow crap" but that's not the case.... just spent 2 hours cleaning up that which had been covered in the glorious white stuff all winter. Dogs... ya gotta love em!

or wolf s#!t 8-)

nothing like cleaning up th dog logs :whatever:

CHECK OUT SUNDAY!!!!

or wolf s#!t 8-)

nothing like cleaning up th dog logs :whatever:

No wolfs s#it outside here! Coyotes maybe. :rotflmao:

Archived