Gowganda/Elk Lake/ Matachewan Trails Update

Gowganda Lake Camp

Hey STG

Yes it will be. They are working with us much better than last year. There is plenty of snow being left on the road and no sand/gravel to date. We did a tour to Elk lake last week and the road was good. The only time we may have a problem is if there is a meltdown.

Ron

Good news ! Well then, don't let it melt before we get there ! :D

What!! When ?????? I need to lock up the kids !!!! :lol:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey STG

Yes it will be. They are working with us much better than last year. There is plenty of snow being left on the road and no sand/gravel to date. We did a tour to Elk lake last week and the road was good. The only time we may have a problem is if there is a meltdown.

Ron

It's a Wednesday.

Lock up the Sheep ;)

Hey STG

Ron

It's a Wednesday.

Lock up the Sheep ;)

I'll let the farmers in liskeard know.. :o

Hey STG

Ron

It's a Wednesday.

Lock up the Sheep ;)

Have you seen the size of the cows in New Liskeard ! :!::shock::o:shock:

2739882225_8873ceaeaa.jpg

It's difficult to control the sled when you're this excited :oops::oops:

Hey STG

Ron

It's a Wednesday.

Lock up the Sheep ;)

Have you seen the size of the cows in New Liskeard ! :!::shock::o:shock:

2739882225_8873ceaeaa.jpg

It's difficult to control the sled when you're this excited :oops::oops:

Put socks on them and you know what ya have???? :mrgreen:

Ya I know ...Booooo! LOL

Trail update for this week..

All Trails are groomed and ready for the weekend.

"A" trail through Elk Lake open - exellent cond.

A107C from Elk Lake to Gowganda to C trail near Shining tree (open) - Groomed tonight excellent cond.

C106A from A trail through Matachewan open - most is excellent shape. ( watch for logging close to Cambell lake )

Time for bed..

Ya I know ...Booooo! LOL

Trail update for this week..

All Trails are groomed and ready for the weekend.

"A" trail through Elk Lake open - exellent cond.

A107C from Elk Lake to Gowganda to C trail near Shining tree (open) - Groomed tonight excellent cond.

C106A from A trail through Matachewan open - most is excellent shape. ( watch for logging close to Cambell lake )

Time for bed..

I like it that joke was udderly delightful :woot:

Trails update Feb. 4

"A" Trail through Elk Lake - Open - Groomed and Excellent shape

C106a - From "A" trail through Matachewan to "C" trail- Open - Groomed and Excellent shape. (there is a few KM of Logging - use caution)

A107C - From Elk Lake to Gowganda and from Gowganda to "C" trail near Shining Tree -OPEN - Groomed last night - Excellent Condition.

Trails are great .......

Ron

Trails update Feb. 4

C106a - From "A" trail through Matachewan to "C" trail- Open - Groomed and Excellent shape. (there is a few KM of Logging - use caution)

A107C - From Elk Lake to Gowganda and from Gowganda to "C" trail near Shining Tree -OPEN - Groomed last night - Excellent Condition.

Trails are great .......

Ron

Love that report !!

But I hate the weather forecast for the day of our trip in and the morning of our departure. See if you can fix that too ! :lol::lol:

Trails update Feb. 4

Trails are great .......

Ron

Love that report !!

But I hate the weather forecast for the day of our trip in and the morning of our departure. See if you can fix that too ! :lol::lol:

Already workin on it ... :) Forcast is looking better than it did yesterday..

Trails update Feb. 4

Trails are great .......

Ron

Love that report !!

This is "better" ? ? :P :P

A little sleet at times. Winds from the SE at 12

Low clouds with a bit of ice in the afternoon. Winds from the SE at 16

Sleet and freezing rain. Winds from the SE at 25

Snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Winds from the N at 20 .

Oh well, the upside is your booze sales should be good in that weather. ;)

Trails update Feb. 4

Trails are great .......

Ron

Love that report !!

Trails update Feb. 4

Trails are great .......

Ron

Love that report !!

Trails update Feb. 4

Trails are great .......

Ron

Love that report !!

Trails update Feb. 4

Trails are great .......

Ron

Just one addition

The Local "Club Trail" " L136 " which runs between Gowganda and Matachewan is now Groomed and Signed. There was 5 km's of logging on the top end near Matachewan but as of today everything is supposed to be completed and the equipment being pulled out. :woot:

This also affected 7 kms on the C106A which will now be just trail as soon as we get our next snow.

The L136 is not shown on the trail map but it runs pretty much straight north and south connecting Gowganda to Matachewan. 90 % of the 40km trail is 20 ft wide with a 3 km 10ft wide section in the middle.

Good Riding everyone

Ron

The Weather forcast looks a little better than yesterday's http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=weather&placecode=CAON0274&wbRef=gowgandalakecamp.ca&link=cityPage&switchto=c&ref=wxbtn150x90_image_city

but with the warmer temps we won't be out grooming until probably thursday. Trails are in nice shape with a good base and shouldn't be affected too much over the next few days.

Will keep you posted.

Ron

Just came back from checking the trail conditions now that it is cold again. Everything I checked today looks great. A few cm's of snow will make it excellent again. I am waiting for an update on the "A" trail through Elk Lake but it should be pretty similar shape

Ron

He Ron.. Thats great!!! There's a good chance I wil be coming up to see you this winter.. I wanna ride to you place, stay over night.. Ride to Cochrane. Stay overnight.. Then ride back to your place and ride the local trails.. I am still workking on the details.. Thanks for the update..

We spend the night of the 11th at Ron's and had an excellent time. The trails in were soft from the mild weather and lakes were slushy but our ride out was rock hard.... cruise control in other's ski tracks. All in all trails were still in excellent shape when it cooled down Friday. More snow will improve things immensly.

Archived