Gowganda/Elk Lake/ Matachewan Trails Update

Gowganda Lake Camp

We had an awesome trip and I highly recommend Gowganda Lake Camp to stay at. They are truly wonderful people.

Trails were great and a ton of snow up there, it snowed everyday during our trip. Some days we were pushing a half a foot or more of snow. Some pretty awesome drifts to bust through where the wind was blowing!

Stopped at another lodge for lunch in Gogama. Tata.Chika.Pika, very nice place.

Enjoy your trip!

Shari

X2

I have to agree with you Shari, Ron & Giselle are great hosts! Trails are awesome!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron

Thanks for the update , sounds great , we will see you Fri aft. around 3.00 , I hope you will have time to have a cold one and shoot the breeze in between all the grooming :P

Muskoka Man

Ron

Thanks for the update , sounds great , we will see you Fri aft. around 3.00 , I hope you will have time to have a cold one and shoot the breeze in between all the grooming :P

Muskoka Man

Sounds great!!

Hoping the snow stops fairly early tomorrow so we can get at it right away... Then I will make time 8-)

This is our third winter and I thought last year was pretty good.. Man we are getting snow now... Talk about global warming.. :lol: Gotta love it.. I hope it hangs around at least another month...

Have a save drive up .. See you Friday (unless I am out in the tractor ) then see you sat am...

Ron

Ron

E.C is calling for 15 to 25 cm. for your area :woot: .Looks like you may want to keep the tractor fueled up , We will be going for a short ride when we get up Fri. aft ,so we might see you out on the trail , Dont worry we will tread lightly on your fresh groom

:wavey:

Muskoka Man

Ron

E.C is calling for 15 to 25 cm. for your area :woot: .Looks like you may want to keep the tractor fueled up , We will be going for a short ride when we get up Fri. aft ,so we might see you out on the trail , Dont worry we will tread lightly on your fresh groom

:wavey:

Muskoka Man

Yep looks like it could be a low sleep weekend... I hope it is over early on friday so we can get a jump on it for the weekend.. Tractor is ready to go.. Have a save drive up

Ron

Groomed A107C fromGowganda to Stumpy and L136 towards Matachewan last night. Heading towards Shining tree on A107C later tonight. The Tractor in Elk Lake broke down on the A trail last night and still down. Hopefully it will be back in operation tomorrow. Not good timing.. Tons of snow to groom up and lots of traffic.. :banghead:

Ron

Groomed towards C trail near Shining tree last night into today.... Tons of snow.... made it without too much problem.. Bringing the old tractor and drag t Elk Lake tomorrow to fill in for the other tractor down temporarilly ....

Tought grooming last night as there was lots of snow and drifts etc....... Turned out pretty good...... One more pass will be perfect...

Ron

Trail Update March 4

We recovered from a few problems last weekend... The tractor in Elk lake decided to quite early Sat am.. just as we were trying to dig out from the foot of snow on friday.. Low hydraulic pressure... Turned out to be a broken relief valve... REplaced with new on monday and started again monday night..

Trails are all groomed and ready for the weekend....

"A" trail through Elk lake... open and great shape....

C106A from "A" trail through matachewan to L143 groomed and great shape..

A107C from Elk lake to Gowganda and Gowganda to C trail near shining tree.... groomed great shape..

L136 from Gowganda to Matach groomed and good...

On a low note: Mother nature is going to give it to us again this weekend... ( three in a row.) at least the last two were all snow....

Forcast shows... Possible 10 cm's of snow on thursday followed up by warm temps friday +8 C with a little drizzle...

Saturday warm +4 (sunny)... Sunday winter returns and brings 20 cm's of snow....

This will not hurt the trails and you will make it wherever your headed but looks like some wet riding this weekend...

:wtf:

Ron

Hey Ron.... Looks like I will be coming up to see you soon.. How many weeks do you think the trails will be open? My riding buddy is going south for 10 days soon and we wanna go when he comes back.. Happy Trails. Rick

Hey Ron.... Looks like I will be coming up to see you soon.. How many weeks do you think the trails will be open? My riding buddy is going south for 10 days soon and we wanna go when he comes back.. Happy Trails. Rick

Hey Rick

I would be surprised if the trails didn't stay open until April... I'll keep you posted

Ron

Hey Rick

I would be surprised if the trails didn't stay open until April... I'll keep you posted

Ron

Maybe a oc.com get together at your place to end our season?

Now that sounds like a plan.

Hey Rick

Ron

Maybe a oc.com get together at your place to end our season?

Hey Ron

Thanks as always for all the updates, hope to get up and see you before the season ends, I'll let you know!

Snow conditions still holding up very well.... So far so good and colder temps coming... Reports from riders saying trails are great..

Ron

thats good news :wavey:

Hello Ron & wife

We were up in your area this week. Tell your wife thanks for all the info. She was right on the money with the trails. Nice place you have up there. Now we know where we will stay over night on our trip next year. Just wanted to say all trails were freshly groomed and we had an awesome 4 days up there. Take care and thanks again. Dee &

Terry

Hello Ron & wife

We were up in your area this week. Tell your wife thanks for all the info. She was right on the money with the trails. Nice place you have up there. Now we know where we will stay over night on our trip next year. Just wanted to say all trails were freshly groomed and we had an awesome 4 days up there. Take care and thanks again. Dee &

Terry

Glad to here you had a good time . I will pass it on to Giselle and thank you.. :wavey:

Was a little slushy on the lakes this weekend but started firming up again today..

Hope to see you next winter...

Ron..

Hey Ron

Thanks as always for all the updates, hope to get up and see you before the season ends, I'll let you know!

My pleasure.... I used to tune in here all the time when I lived down south and chasing the snow...

Winter is still holding on . Lots of snow (don't go off the trail) .. Will keep you posted on trail conditions.... Hopefully see you soon

Ron

Trail update March 10

Trails are still in very good condition. We groomed the "A" trail through Elk lake last night but are holding off now until after this latest front goes through. Freezing rain changing to snow tomorrow followed by cold temps and high winds..

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=P0J%201J0&metric=1&set=1

Depending on when the wind dies down we will start grooming either wed , or thurs night.

Will update again by thursday.

Ron

Trail update March 10

Trails are still in very good condition. We groomed the "A" trail through Elk lake last night but are holding off now until after this latest front goes through. Freezing rain changing to snow tomorrow followed by cold temps and high winds..

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&postalcode=P0J%201J0&metric=1&set=1

Depending on when the wind dies down we will start grooming either wed , or thurs night.

Ron

I'm sorry you have that band of reprobates there this week.

Stay out grooming as long as you can and Hide the DucKTape :shock::o:shock:

Trail update March 10

Ron

Duck tape?

Is there something I should know!! :?

Trail update March 10

Ron

Duck tape?

Is there something I should know!! :?

For the Love of God, Ron; this is like looking over your shoulder or opening the door in a Horror Movie. Stop asking Questions !!!

Hide The DucKTape !! Send Giselle and the Boys out of town. Lock up the Store. Get in the Groomer and stay out on the trails till they check out Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO :!::shock::o:shock:

Archived