oc.com Ride for Kelly Shire OC4K 2009

SlowTouringGuy

Be There ! Enjoy ! Participate ! Support the Cause !

One year ago, a number of charitably minded snowmobilers decided they could support the Kelly Shires organization in their very own way.

They asked a few pretty fundamental questions:

Why do we have to raise a minimum number of dollars in order to participate? Isn’t my $500.00 more important to the cause than not having it at all?

Why can’t we ride as couples? What if “the guys” want to contribute to the cause and join us on a ride as well ?

Why can’t all the money I raise go to the cause? I want to pay my own way when it comes to food and accommodation.

And so the OC4Kelly Ride was formed !

February 2008 was the inaugural ride. Not without its challenges. A last minute change of venue and the resulting loss of riders did not dampen the spirits of the organizers; nor the participating riders. On the very first year more than $11,000.00 was raised by a troupe dedicated to supporting the Kelly Shires fund and doing so in a vision unique to their group. Incredible charity dollars produced on short notice by few participants under challenging circumstances. Bonus – Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely !

This will be the second year. The locale is ideal. Quality Inn can host a group of sledders better than most. It is ideally located on the trails of the PSSD with alternatives in all directions and offering varying terrain. Food is good. Rooms are good. The lounge provides a warm welcoming place for friends to gather, tell tall tales and enjoy an after ride refreshment. February 21st? Is there a better weekend in the winter for top notch conditions? I doubt it !

Wouldn’t it be great if 50 sledders registered for this year’s ride? Wouldn’t it be great if each of them gave up 1 coffee per day and donated that money to the ride? One coffee per day at $1.50 per day is more than $500.00 ! AND they get a charitable receipt ! Tims don’t give ya that ! If each of those riders also found some co-workers or neighbours or friends to give up a coffee or two then each rider could, conceivably, be attending the ride with a pledge sheet totaling $1,000.00. That’s 50 GRAND in total. Wouldn’t that be great??

BUT, remember the genesis of this event. If you can only raise 10 bucks, you are more than welcome to attend. Raise some, raise some more, raise a lot; please join the group on the weekend featuring the best trail conditions of the winter. The trails are magnificent around there. The group of riders is even better. If you want to have great fun with the best group of sledders you’ve ever met while, at the same time, supporting the Kelly Shires cause, please join the OC4K weekend at the Quality Inn on February 21st !

You’ll have FUN sledding with this group. You’ll have FUN spending a weekend with this group.

You want to have the best weekend of your winter? Book your OC4K weekend at the Quality Inn NOW !

One year ago, a number of charitably minded snowmobilers decided they could support the Kelly Shires organization in their very own way.

Why do we have to raise a minimum number of dollars in order to participate? Isn’t my $500.00 more important to the cause than not having it at all?

Why can’t we ride as couples? What if “the guys” want to contribute to the cause and join us on a ride as well ?

Why can’t all the money I raise go to the cause? I want to pay my own way when it comes to food and accommodation.

February 2008 was the inaugural ride. Not without its challenges. A last minute change of venue and the resulting loss of riders did not dampen the spirits of the organizers; nor the participating riders. On the very first year more than $11,000.00 was raised by a troupe dedicated to supporting the Kelly Shires fund and doing so in a vision unique to their group. Incredible charity dollars produced on short notice by few participants under challenging circumstances. Bonus – Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely !

This will be the second year. The locale is ideal. Quality Inn can host a group of sledders better than most. It is ideally located on the trails of the PSSD with alternatives in all directions and offering varying terrain. Food is good. Rooms are good. The lounge provides a warm welcoming place for friends to gather, tell tall tales and enjoy an after ride refreshment. February 21st? Is there a better weekend in the winter for top notch conditions? I doubt it !

Wouldn’t it be great if 50 sledders registered for this year’s ride? Wouldn’t it be great if each of them gave up 1 coffee per day and donated that money to the ride? One coffee per day at $1.50 per day is more than $500.00 ! AND they get a charitable receipt ! Tims don’t give ya that ! If each of those riders also found some co-workers or neighbours or friends to give up a coffee or two then each rider could, conceivably, be attending the ride with a pledge sheet totaling $1,000.00. That’s 50 GRAND in total. Wouldn’t that be great??

BUT, remember the genesis of this event. If you can only raise 10 bucks, you are more than welcome to attend. Raise some, raise some more, raise a lot; please join the group on the weekend featuring the best trail conditions of the winter. The trails are magnificent around there. The group of riders is even better. If you want to have great fun with the best group of sledders you’ve ever met while, at the same time, supporting the Kelly Shires cause, please join the OC4K weekend at the Quality Inn on February 21st !

You’ll have FUN sledding with this group. You’ll have FUN spending a weekend with this group.

You want to have the best weekend of your winter? Book your OC4K weekend at the Quality Inn NOW !

Well said STG!!!

I am so looking forward to this weekend.. And the silent auction table will be bigger and better.. This year I will ask Yamaha to donate several pink Yamaha Fleece Hoody`s and alot more blue Yamaha mugs..

I am hoping to bring Yamaha with me this year :)

Thanks, STG ... as SledJunk indicated, 'Well said'.

Really looking forward to this year's ride. The registration form will be up soon (still working on it). Once the form is online, I will also have the information for the hotel rooms (rates, etc.). Please don't call and book your room until everything is finalized.

Let it snow!

PS We actually raised about $13,500! :woot::woot:

Well said STG!!!

X 2...looking forward to it. :woot:

Great post for a great cause!! THanks STG! :wavey:

Looking forward to participating, raising funds, and meeting more sledders.

Let it snow :)

Many thanks to our erudite member for the above contribution.

Missd it last year due to a shceduling conflict but we'll be there this year for sure.

Great cause great people what more could you ask for.

Missd it last year due to a shceduling conflict but we'll be there this year for sure.

Great cause great people what more could you ask for.

Oh Oh....... Just what we need, Wonderphant lol.. Gets more interesting all the time lol....

Hey STG, great thread. Since we crossed paths last winter in Hearst I figure this sounds like the best reason to do it again. AkronOrange and I rarely ride anywhere south of Dist 14 but for a good cause we'll be there, as long as you don't mind a couple of riders from south of the boarder. :cheers:

Hey STG, great thread. Since we crossed paths last winter in Hearst I figure this sounds like the best reason to do it again. AkronOrange and I rarely ride anywhere south of Dist 14 but for a good cause we'll be there, as long as you don't mind a couple of riders from south of the boarder. :cheers:

Come on up! I will post the registration information once it's available (probably November 1st). Looking forward to meeting you both! :wavey:

Hey Snowberg ! It would be great to see you guyz again. Especially now AO is going to (finally) have a hat !!

Use it as your "jump-off" weekend. Ride for the cause on Saturday and (with with the way you folks ride) you can leave Parry Sound after breakfast Sunday and be on the Greenstone Loop by mid-afternoon :P :P

STG, nice thread and sounds like a great cause and a good time. Sounds like a plan, we'll be there. We're looking forward to seeing you and your crew again. Hope to ride to the bridges, we haven't seen them yet.

Maple, still no hats yet, I'll give it another week, hopefully just help up in customs.

STG, nice thread and sounds like a great cause and a good time. Sounds like a plan, we'll be there. We're looking forward to seeing you and your crew again. Hope to ride to the bridges, we haven't seen them yet.

Maple, still no hats yet, I'll give it another week, hopefully just help up in customs.

Hey Akron.. A few of us will be there on Thurs and will take a ride up to the bridges on the Friday.. Maybe come back through Dunchurch and take the D101 (Air North) back to the Sprucedale... It's be a good ride... Your welcome to join us..

Hey Akron.. A few of us will be there on Thurs and will take a ride up to the bridges on the Friday.. Maybe come back through Dunchurch and take the D101 (Air North) back to the Sprucedale... It's be a good ride... Your welcome to join us..

LuvMyViper,

Thanks. I'm going to see how many of us will be coming up, I'll keep the invite in mind. See if some or all of us want to come up on Thursday.

LuvMyViper,

Thanks. I'm going to see how many of will be coming up, I'll keep the invite in mind. See if some or all of us want to come up on Thursday.

Great.. The more the merrier.... We will be lead by the world famous, one and only, the The Legend... STG

PS: And also the brightest one on this forum... He can do many things but change landscape, trails or mud bogs are not any of his powers.

Hey Snowberg ! It would be great to see you guyz again. Especially now AO is going to (finally) have a hat !!

Use it as your "jump-off" weekend. Ride for the cause on Saturday and (with with the way you folks ride) you can leave Parry Sound after breakfast Sunday and be on the Greenstone Loop by mid-afternoon :P :P

Hey STG, I take acception to that comment, "the way you folks ride". Just because we left Timmins at 3:00 and arrived in Hearst at 6:00 doesn't mean we ride any different than you! :rotflmao: well maybe a little. :D:D:D Some where I read that you were leading the pack on the Friday up to the bridges. Are you sure you can get up there and back in one day! You'll have to leave long before breakfast wont you? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

PS: AO and I have the calander marked

STG .. And also the brightest one on this forum...

Yes, he is a few shades beyond blonde :lol:

Are you sure you can get up there and back in one day! You'll have to leave long before breakfast wont you? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Nah. I think I'll stay at the French River the night before. :oops:

PS: AO and I have the calander marked

Glad to hear that - look forward to seeing "you folks" again. ;)

Archived