Go Snowmobiling Show.......

SlowTouringGuy

Maple,

Bailey's has a booth at this year's show

(just kidding)

You are the goodwill ambassador for this sport.

:)

Not a whole lot of booths at this years show ! I just finished checking it out on the floorplan.

Looks to be about the same as last year.

Actually if you study it and know the players it is very poorly attended . The real shame is that the show is split in two.Politics aside it really would be best if we had one very strong show as we once did.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maple,

Bailey's has a booth at this year's show

(just kidding)

You are the goodwill ambassador for this sport.

:)

Not a whole lot of booths at this years show ! I just finished checking it out on the floorplan.

Looks to be about the same as last year.

Actually if you study it and know the players it is very poorly attended . The real shame is that the show is split in two.Politics aside it really would be best if we had one very strong show as we once did.

I never said it was a good attendance, just that it was about the same as last year. I agree, this shouldn't be political at all. I like this show because it is strictly snowmobiling and not 'powersports'. However, I also enjoy the Powersport show ... not sure how to solve this dilemma.

Going on Saturday - mainly to get the maps and see the new sleds. It's too bad that we now have two shows that are mediocre compared to one strong show. I used to like it when it was at the markham fairgrounds. I just don't really look forward to it like I used to - I seem to leave disappointed each year lately. I am sure the economics might keep some distributors and exhibitors away.

When is the 'other' show? As I recall it was down at the Ex.

The "other" show is the "old show": 21st Annual International Snowmobile ATV and Powersports Show at the International Centre on Airport Road - October 17,18,19.

Going on Saturday - mainly to get the maps and see the new sleds. It's too bad that we now have two shows that are mediocre compared to one strong show. I used to like it when it was at the markham fairgrounds. I just don't really look forward to it like I used to - I seem to leave disappointed each year lately. I am sure the economics might keep some distributors and exhibitors away.

I agree. I liked the fairgrounds. Kind of gave it a grass roots sledding feel to it. Versus the cookie cutter any kind of whatever you wish show!

I can't figure out why we need so many Fall Fairs - they are all close by to each other and darned if they don't happen at the same time - in the Fall !

Bracebridge Fall Fair

Severn Bridge Fall Fair

Ramona Fall Fair

Emsdale Fall Fair

Stisted Fall Fair

Rosseau Fall Fair

I agree. I liked the fairgrounds. Kind of gave it a grass roots sledding feel to it. Versus the cookie cutter any kind of whatever you wish show!

The irony is that it was the manufacturers that insisted that it go to the international center instead of the fairgrounds then pulled out later because they do not want to support a show that royal distributing is at ! The reality is that we live in a freemarket society were no one has the right or entitlement that the oem's seem to think they do . Snowmobilers are generally very intelligent free thinking individuals who will do business with whomever they choose too not just buy their parts and accessories from "brand x" because their sled is a "brand x"

The irony is that it was the manufacturers that insisted that it go to the international center instead of the fairgrounds then pulled out later because they do not want to support a show that royal distributing is at ! The reality is that we live in a freemarket society .................

Which allows the manufacturers to decide if they want to support a show that royal is at. :D

The irony is that it was the manufacturers that insisted that it go to the international center instead of the fairgrounds then pulled out later because they do not want to support a show that royal distributing is at ! The reality is that we live in a freemarket society .................

Which allows the manufacturers to decide if they want to support a show that royal is at. :D

Yes it does it also allows 90 % of the aftermarket to not attend the oem show . Is this the best for the sport ? Not likely but the economics is as follows 4-5000 guests at the go snowmobiling show versus over 50'000 guests at the powersports show . it costs alot of money to set up and staff a booth at the show in order to get a return you need a large amount of people only the powersports show has delivered that . As a result this is the show we support instead of the show that the oem's (who would rather that the aftermarket didn't exist) .

As well three of the four manufacturers have their head in the sand (or elsewhere) as although they all made a pact not to support the powersports show BRP does through co-op support of their dealers and as a result has 80% of the product that is on the floor at the best attended snowmobile show in Canada. :rotflmao:

Yes it does it also allows 90 % of the aftermarket to not attend the oem show . Is this the best for the sport ? Not likely but the economics is as follows 4-5000 guests at the go snowmobiling show versus over 50'000 guests at the powersports show . it costs alot of money to set up and staff a booth at the show in order to get a return you need a large amount of people only the powersports show has delivered that . As a result this is the show we support instead of the show that the oem's (who would rather that the aftermarket didn't exist) .

As well three of the four manufacturers have their head in the sand (or elsewhere) as although they all made a pact not to support the powersports show BRP does through co-op support of their dealers and as a result has 80% of the product that is on the floor at the best attended snowmobile show in Canada. :rotflmao:

..............which allows you to choose which show you want to support; which allows me to choose which show I want to attend. I think freedom of choice is a blessing.

Which Fall Fair are you going to ?

..............which allows you to choose which show you want to support; which allows me to choose which show I want to attend. I think freedom of choice is a blessing.

Which Fall Fair are you going to ?

None of the above we went to the Foley fall fair :wavey:

I never said it was a good attendance, just that it was about the same as last year. I agree, this shouldn't be political at all. I like this show because it is strictly snowmobiling and not 'powersports'. However, I also enjoy the Powersport show ... not sure how to solve this dilemma.

I wonder if you took all the "powersports" & non-sledding booths out of the other show how big it would be?

2 years ago the booth beside the Dist. 2 booth, was for some guy selling bling bling ATV rims for the folks around Jane & Finch. No right thinking ATV owner would buy them for off pavement use.

I haven't been here for a long time,and reading this is like I didn't miss a thing.Don't you think this two show thing was debated to death last year? :wtf: ...

Agreed. ---k the other show! Support sledding!!!

I wonder if you took all the "powersports" & non-sledding booths out of the other show how big it would be?

2 years ago the booth beside the Dist. 2 booth, was for some guy selling bling bling ATV rims for the folks around Jane & Finch. No right thinking ATV owner would buy them for off pavement use.

They going to start doing drive by's on pimped out ATV's now ?

They going to start doing drive by's on pimped out ATV's now ?

They are going green they now use mopeds !!

I haven't been here for a long time,and reading this is like I didn't miss a thing.Don't you think this two show thing was debated to death last year? :wtf: ...

Agreed. ---k the other show! Support sledding!!!

Also Agreed. ---k the other show! Support sledding, the OFSC and the manufactures!!!

And if anyone sees a stump walking around with a broken elbow, laugh and say "it was 29C out that day, are you brain dead?"

I heard a rumor that the stumps where related :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I've had just about enough of fairs this fall. what with the Wiarton Fall Fair in August, and the Owen Sound one in early sept . Now we have the IPM (International Plowing Match) in Teeswater. Just can't handle much more excitement. Oh yah and Pumpkinfest in Port Elgin on Oct 4th weekend followed by the PunkinChuckin in South Kemble Oct 25. :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Oh btw. If anyone sees Mr Sign :poke: :poke: :poke: tell him he is needed for PunkinChuckin. I've heard he's AWOL :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Also Agreed. ---k the other show! Support sledding, the OFSC and the manufactures!!!

And if anyone sees a stump walking around with a broken elbow, laugh and say "it was 29C out that day, are you brain dead?"

Very good.

If anyone want to debate the 2 shows, the stump is in the other "camp".

Very good.

:lol::lol:

Very good.

:lol::lol:

X2

The other camp can have him. And I would luv to see the mag he writes for get rid of him because as far as I am concerned, he is a disgrace to our sport and his actions on many forums over the last 2 years (which have got him banned from them) is nothing more than unforgivable..... He has been banned from this forum twice already and still comes back and registers...

I hope the other show just dies off and goes away so that we can grow our show into something special.... Ah, that felt better :) :poke: :crazy:

The Stump and the Mag Whore would make a good couple :crazy:

Archived