Jump to content

STUPID - Studding Question


Spiderman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Throwing this out there - cause I'm dumb.

 

Anyway - Polaris EVO - 550 Fan.

Son and I are going to stud his.

There are no factory installed tunnel protectors.

That said, there is also no cooling/rad under there either as it's fan cooled.

 

Should I put tunnel protectors in anyway to protect the aluminum underside or forget about them and just stud it.

 

Thanks - and don't judge :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone - figured that would be the case.

Going to order up the protectors - they come with the new rivets etc. for the snow flap re-install.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Throwing this out there - cause I'm dumb.

 

Anyway - Polaris EVO - 550 Fan.

Son and I are going to stud his.

There are no factory installed tunnel protectors.

That said, there is also no cooling/rad under there either as it's fan cooled.

 

Should I put tunnel protectors in anyway to protect the aluminum underside or forget about them and just stud it.

 

Thanks - and don't judge :)

 

 

Yes, you run the risk of the studs tearing up the inside of the tunnel.  I studded an AC Lynx (fan cooled) and cat made protectors for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/17/2022 at 4:12 PM, Spiderman said:

Thanks everyone - figured that would be the case.

Going to order up the protectors - they come with the new rivets etc. for the snow flap re-install.

Cheers

I would only stud it in middle belt too. Always had too many tear outs on far edge of track, way too much stress there, with roads and turning and weights concentrated there too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I would only stud it in middle belt too. Always had too many tear outs on far edge of track, way too much stress there, with roads and turning and weights concentrated there too. 

 

No real stress on a 550 fan but I do agree. Its why I run the iceripper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have studs on my 570 fanner and never have had an issue. Sometimes there is 3 of us and a fish hut being towed. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Is outside belt studded or just inside? 

Inside. I don't know my any logical think person would stud the outside belts on a fanner. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reevester said:

Inside. I don't know my any logical think person would stud the outside belts on a fanner. 

 

Oh heck, I'd longtrack that sucker!

Matter of fact, a chum of mine did that 20 yrs ago!

Here is a 162" tracked 550 fan Polaris, with light weight hood, snorkel intake, and no seat. 

 

DanBillCrestedButte

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...