Jump to content

J R Bar-B-Q Ranch - Cochrane - Shows Closed Saturdays and Sundays?


Gadgetman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Web shows closed on Saturday and Sunday? 

Restaurant at Thriftlodge?

I see Harveys at the Petro, and the Subway.

Any recommendations on Pizza delivery?

 

(I went to Cochrane instead of Timmins because Caseys is closed on Sundays - figures.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Web shows closed on Saturday and Sunday? 

Restaurant at Thriftlodge?

Alternate food?

 

(I went to Cochrane instead of Timmins because Caseys is closed on Sundays - figures.)

You just needed to look a little further. Their F/B pages shows they are open both Saturday and Sunday. I can't imagine them being closed on what should be some of their busiest days of the week. You can phone to check  705-272-4999.

Terry's Steak House in front of Triftlodge  or  49th parallel Kitchen & Bar.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are open 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49th Parallel is the old Ice Hut. Great food there also...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wings and pizza are fantastic at JR's,  right @Evil?....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, JR's is open during the weekend. We were there for a few days back to back from Fri to Monday .. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We rode up there last thursday for lunch and according to the sign on the door they open at 4pm. Not sure about the weekend hours.  We ended up going down the the Railway cafe for Lattes and a piece of cake.  A customer beside us sent her sandwich back because it tasted like hand sanitizer.  🤢

 

Coffee and cake were good tho..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JR is closed tonight, Sunday.

So not sure what happened. 

Terry's restaurant was going to close at 8pm, let us eat in. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

JR is closed tonight, Sunday.

So not sure what happened. 

Terry's restaurant was going to close at 8pm, let us eat in. 

We called JR'S  also. Closed and the hotels are packed. That makes sense...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terry’s on Friday night was only offering from the Deep Fried menu. Advertised as a steak house, but not that night.

 

Can’t say I’d recommend going here. Could have been an off night though I suppose.

But it’s not the place I remember from previous trips.

 

49th on Saturday night was definitely better, roadhouse type spot which is up my alley.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

We called JR'S  also. Closed and the hotels are packed. That makes sense...

 

9 hours ago, Crow said:

Terry’s on Friday night was only offering from the Deep Fried menu. Advertised as a steak house, but not that night.

 

Can’t say I’d recommend going here. Could have been an off night though I suppose.

But it’s not the place I remember from previous trips.

 

49th on Saturday night was definitely better, roadhouse type spot which is up my alley.

 

Can't get staff ?   Story all over    Saw it for 2 weeks in Quebec      

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

 

Can't get staff ?   Story all over    Saw it for 2 weeks in Quebec      

Possibly v2, but I heard rumours of an argument of sorts in the kitchen. But these days, who knows?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks to be open from 4pm to 9pm tonight, we may give it a go..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...