Jump to content
Sevey

Sudbury Trails - Wolf Loop around Lake Wanapitei

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Motorhead said:

WE NEED TO LOCATE THAT BRIDGE AND CROSS IT COOLBANE.  YOU FIRST!

Come on up I'll show you where it is

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the snow holding up after the rain and warm temps? - heard New Liskeard is going to place trails as yellow , so they must have lost a lot.

MS

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sevey said:

How is the snow holding up after the rain and warm temps? - heard New Liskeard is going to place trails as yellow , so they must have lost a lot.

MS

We definitely lost snow.

I haven't been out since Saturday due to back issues.

I imagine trails are still rideable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right here

Screenshot_20210301-100858_Maps.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Sevey said:

How is the snow holding up after the rain and warm temps? - heard New Liskeard is going to place trails as yellow , so they must have lost a lot.

MS

Supposed to get 5cm tonight or so. sadly i think this weekend will be last call around Sudbury. Supposed to get + temps after this week. Our snow dropped really fast because we hardly had enough to begin with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Supposed to get 5cm tonight or so. sadly i think this weekend will be last call around Sudbury. Supposed to get + temps after this week. Our snow dropped really fast because we hardly had enough to begin with.

The north part of the system will be good for a while yet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, we rode from Sportsman around Wolf loop down to Rocky, over to Capreol and then worked our way across to Warren and to Noelville. All trails were hard, fast and had adequate cooling. Will be better on weekend with grooming on-going. 

 

Why is there no signs for Sportsmans on trail? Is there some dis-agreement there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coolbane said:

Yesterday, we rode from Sportsman around Wolf loop down to Rocky, over to Capreol and then worked our way across to Warren and to Noelville. All trails were hard, fast and had adequate cooling. Will be better on weekend with grooming on-going. 

 

Why is there no signs for Sportsmans on trail? Is there some dis-agreement there?

No disagreement, they are only open for guest not Joe public, hence no signs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, soupkids said:

No disagreement, they are only open for guest not Joe public, hence no signs.

Thanks, I did forget about that. They were very quiet on our night there and also had a big party cancellation for this weekend while we were there (shitty to give such late notice). Not a good season with Covid and everything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, coolbane said:

Yesterday, we rode from Sportsman around Wolf loop down to Rocky, over to Capreol and then worked our way across to Warren and to Noelville. All trails were hard, fast and had adequate cooling. Will be better on weekend with grooming on-going. 

 

Why is there no signs for Sportsmans on trail? Is there some dis-agreement there?

D104 headed south to Warren / Kates is my favorite trail.! Look forward to riding it every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sudbury is starting to shut down in some areas, couple of groomers are back at the yard, nothing to work with.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 8:36 PM, coolbane said:

Yesterday, we rode from Sportsman around Wolf loop down to Rocky, over to Capreol and then worked our way across to Warren and to Noelville. All trails were hard, fast and had adequate cooling. Will be better on weekend with grooming on-going. 

 

Why is there no signs for Sportsmans on trail? Is there some dis-agreement there?

So if you were at the Sportsman’s you would have been very close to the bridge that you and Motörhead wanted to cross. Did you guys go across?.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out the trails this morning. Hard as a rock, bare spots, no lube. Scratchers would be a must for sure. Think my season is pretty much over. 1037 miles. Short but sweet. Clubs did amazing for the conditions we had this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jason T said:

Checked out the trails this morning. Hard as a rock, bare spots, no lube. Scratchers would be a must for sure. Think my season is pretty much over. 1037 miles. Short but sweet. Clubs did amazing for the conditions we had this year. 

Say it ain’t so up there. I was thinking of going up to Sudbury area next weekend. Actually booked the next 3 Friday’s off to do some weekend trips riding up north. So far this year has been a low mileage year. Oh well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday we started at the STP groomer yard and rode up across Wanapitei and did part of the Wolf loop, stopping at the lookout.  We then rode out past Sportsman's (they are open for gas) and headed over to Hagar/Warren area.  Hoped to have lunch at Kate's only to find out they are closed on Sunday.  Did D104 on the way out and D103 on the way back, both fantastic trails.

Ran our way back via Rail trails (did not cross the infamous bridge, I am spooked at heights) and got back to the yard on fumes.  200 miles of mostly fantastic, well groomed trails, only some short pieces of gritty road running here and there.   Lots of fresh grooming, not much traffic and adequate snow cover.  

Great job by STP and the Nipissing Veuve club working with the snow they have.

A great way to end the season if the weather takes away the trails.

Wolf Mtn Lookout (1).jpg

Wolf Mtn Lookout (2).jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...