Halfway Planning to be Open 20/21

Ox

I just got word from Halfway that he is "in country" and planning to be open for this winters season.

He does mention that it "will likely be different this year", and by that - I doubt that he knows for sure what exactly that means anymore than anybody else, but at least that means that D will be open to Wawa, and that gas and food will be available.

Not that I will likely be getting my assets accrost the river this year (planning on just heading west in stead) but they did at least let these folks slip accrost. (from Michigan)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ox said:

I just got word from Halfway that he is "in country" and planning to be open for this winters season.

He does mention that it "will likely be different this year", and by that - I doubt that he knows for sure what exactly that means anymore than anybody else, but at least that means that D will be open to Wawa, and that gas and food will be available.

Not that I will likely be getting my assets accrost the river this year (planning on just heading west in stead) but they did at least let these folks slip accrost. (from Michigan)

2 us folks charged under quarantine act.

https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/two-americans-in-northern-ontario-community-charged-with-breaking-quarantine-act-1.5166384

So, you are under the impression that the Halfway folks skirted on over to Sudbury for pizza and beer or what?

• Haha 1

So how did these people enter the country by land ?  Did our CBSA not turn them back ?  If they can come in, why can't ski ?

Why can executives enter and not need to quarantine ?

12 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

So how did these people enter the country by land ?  Did our CBSA not turn them back ?  If they can come in, why can't ski ?

47 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I know that Canadians can fly to the USA with no problem but you can't drive to the USA. I wonder if that is recriprical?

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I know that Canadians can fly to the USA with no problem but you can't drive to the USA. I wonder if that is recriprical?

Ive seen quite a few Pennsylvania and New York plated cars around.  Hard to tell if they have been all essential workers..:wtf:

A us resident, canadian lodge owner, operators, outfitters, and employees can come over (with a 2 week quarantine, prior to ANY LOCAL CONTACTS). regular people cannot. canadians can fly to the us for any reason but, cannot drive. us residents cannot fly or drive to canada for any reason but, essential services, medical, trucking, manufacturing. 

if the rules were equal, i would assume the snowbirds on your side of the border would help our cause by complaining like us but, with the "loophole" most of them can come over to their winter homes, with little issue.

believe me, we have tried almost everything. i am guessing the couple that were caught, had a legitimate reason to be in canada (family, end of life visit, etc...  but, were too stupid to follow rules, which will in turn hurt people like lynne and I.

Ski

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, skidooboy said:

A us resident, canadian lodge owner, operators, outfitters, and employees can come over (with a 2 week quarantine, prior to ANY LOCAL CONTACTS). regular people cannot. canadians can fly to the us for any reason but, cannot drive. us residents cannot fly or drive to canada for any reason but, essential services, medical, trucking, manufacturing. 

if the rules were equal, i would assume the snowbirds on your side of the border would help our cause by complaining like us but, with the "loophole" most of them can come over to their winter homes, with little issue.

believe me, we have tried almost everything. i am guessing the couple that were caught, had a legitimate reason to be in canada (family, end of life visit, etc...  but, were too stupid to follow rules, which will in turn hurt people like lynne and I.

Ski

I can fly in and out of the US for business but there are two challenges with that. I can get medical travel insurance BUT it will NOT cover anything COVID related. When I return to Canada I have to quarantine for 14 days.

Ski

I would think that the fact that your wife is in the health care field would be a deterant to letting you cross as if anyone is going to be around sick people, it would be her.

And It's ass_u_med that you have prolly been hanging around her recently?

You would think this is Black Plague territory the way this has been let to continue, and it's not as bad as many other flu's that go around in other years.

Keep propagating the scare folks!

Edited by Ox
  • Sad 1

she works cardio thoracic, vascular surgery. with all the safe guards in place, she isnt around the covid positive group, people, if there are any. we dont, and havent had hardly any cases in our area. everyone hears michigan and thinks detroit is all of michigan. the majority of michigan cases are around the metro detroit area. 

my wife has friends all over the nation, there is a BIG RIFT growing in the medical field, those that read, see, study the actual cases, numbers, recovery rates, etc... (all info, not just gloom and doom reports). and those that only see the absolute worst and perpetuate the fears, scares etc... it really is about 50-50 in the field, those that want to lock down, and wait it out, and those that are in the thought, give it to me, let me, and us get through this and move on.  

the Jeanie is out of the bottle, there is no going back, there is no controlling the virus. there is only living with it, mitigating the spread, and your personal risk. things we do everyday. we take risks riding sleds, if you have a bad back, health issues, you change your riding or you may even "retire" from the sport. driving to work, playing sports, playing with your kids, or grand kids. life is a calculated risk, and it is up to each of us to decide how much of that risk we want to accept, without being judgmental, or treat one another different from their decisions. 

everyone pointing fingers at the leaders of the nations... what would you do, if you were in their position? with data changing daily, we all have, and will make mistakes. we all really need to think about our criticizing of the leaders. they are all doing the best they can, with the info available. Ski   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

she works cardio thoracic, vascular surgery. with all the safe guards in place, she isnt around the covid positive group, people, if there are any. we dont, and havent had hardly any cases in our area. everyone hears michigan and thinks detroit is all of michigan. the majority of michigan cases are around the metro detroit area. 

my wife has friends all over the nation, there is a BIG RIFT growing in the medical field, those that read, see, study the actual cases, numbers, recovery rates, etc... (all info, not just gloom and doom reports). and those that only see the absolute worst and perpetuate the fears, scares etc... it really is about 50-50 in the field, those that want to lock down, and wait it out, and those that are in the thought, give it to me, let me, and us get through this and move on.  

the Jeanie is out of the bottle, there is no going back, there is no controlling the virus. there is only living with it, mitigating the spread, and your personal risk. things we do everyday. we take risks riding sleds, if you have a bad back, health issues, you change your riding or you may even "retire" from the sport. driving to work, playing sports, playing with your kids, or grand kids. life is a calculated risk, and it is up to each of us to decide how much of that risk we want to accept, without being judgmental, or treat one another different from their decisions. 

everyone pointing fingers at the leaders of the nations... what would you do, if you were in their position? with data changing daily, we all have, and will make mistakes. we all really need to think about our criticizing of the leaders. they are all doing the best they can, with the info available. Ski   

Good post Mr. Ski...Your Detroit comment, resonates here the same about the Toronto area etc..

• Like 2