@ Men assaulted at snowmobile collision on Rice Lake

Bigfish

Site must'a crashed?

I kan't even git the home page to load.

Edited by Ox

Sorry boot dat!

OPP LOOKING FOR INFORMATION REGARDING SNOWMOBILE COLLISION

(OTONABEE-SOUTH MONAGHAN TOWNSHIP, ON) - Members of the Peterborough County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and emergency services were called to assist after two snowmobiles collided on Rice Lake south of the First Nation Territory of Hiawatha. The collision occurred on February 16, 2020 at approximately 10:50pm.

A group of approximately fifteen people were travelling together on snowmobiles when the collision occurred. A male suffered serious injuri es and was transported to a Toronto area hospital by Ornge Air Ambulance. A female suffered minor injuries and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.

Two males travelling separately attended the scene due to a large fire resulting from the snowmobiles colliding. Members of the group became angry at the males and assaulted them.

Members trained in Collision Reconstruction attended to measure and document the scene.

Police are looking to speak with anyone who may have witnessed or has any information regarding this incident. Police urge the public to call in tips on this case, or others, to the Peterborough OPP at 705-742-0401, the non-emergency line (888) 310-1122 or to Crime Stoppers.

Lots more to this story.....

No permits???

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

Ok..... like what?

Someone started chirping?

26 minutes ago, gobills said:

Wow what is going on?  This is really unfortunate.  Honestly though not much good can happen at 430 in the morning, for the other 2 guys that went through.  Really unfortunate.

430 ?  Police report says 1050.  Not a big deal though. 

That's the next story down in the link.

The break between stories is poorly shown. 

There’s definitely more to the first story, what that is, nobody knows right now. To me, it sounds like 2 people showed up to try and help but I guess someone didn’t like that??? 

"Assaulted" 

I sure hope someone had to go to the hospital for the cops to hafta git involved....

Shirley started with someone running off at the mouth tho.

Not that any of us here would ever doo that.... 

"One punch don't make no fight"

Edited by Ox
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

There’s definitely more to the first story, what that is, nobody knows right now. To me, it sounds like 2 people showed up to try and help but I guess someone didn’t like that??? 

Years ago in the Hali Forest on 1 of the 1st 3 lakes out of base camp, I see a lone sled w/ the hood up.

I slow down & stop beside the guy.

"Need a hand?"

"NO!"

I felt like saying, Geez sorry I asked...

Least I didn't get a shot in the head.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Years ago in the Hali Forest on 1 of the 1st 3 lakes out of base camp, I see a lone sled w/ the hood up.

I slow down & stop beside the guy.

"Need a hand?"

"NO!"

I felt like saying, Geez sorry I asked...

Least I didn't get a shot in the head.

I just usually slow down and give a thumbs up and if they give me thumbs up, I know it is all good and keep going. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I just usually slow down and give a thumbs up and if they give me thumbs up, I know it is all good and keep going. 

Thats how the chat came about today w/ a couple from Shawville. I had just turned my sled around & was going to take some pics in PQ. They stopped & asked if everything was OK. I said yes, just ridden down from Pembroke. 

Thats where they were headed but had never ridden there (they had an OFSC permit on the sled). Told them their best bet for fuel & eats was the Irving which they knew of.

When I told them that I had been at the Eganville races he was wad ticked off that he'd missed them.

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

This is exactly what I do