Map gears app

snapper

I think it is great.  for the couple of bucks it is ,        nice when you are out on trail and do need to know road names etc etc.       have not tried the location thing with friends yet but kinda cool too.

40 minutes ago, snapper said:

Is this app worth getting or is it problematic?

Yes. Worth getting. I installed it on a recent trip to New Liskeard. 

Pros:

Location based - shows where you are

Mirrored the OFSC Interactive Guide for trail location

Cons:

Start-up is slow ( 'do you accept terms', then refreshes the maps - pita when it's cold outside)

Conclusion:

Worth the app price

worth hit..love gps on it...I never before knew were the hell I was ..lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could be improved upon. 

This is a well travelled road. Learn from those who have gone before. Lots of good nav apps out there. 

The constant re-loading is a pain. Pulling it out of my pocket and waiting, then waiting for the GPS dot to move.... Wow.

Little tip, turn off the auto rotate screen on the phone. That way you don't have to re-zoom all of NA down to your area every time the phone moves.

How do you download the district's you want.

Had d12 and 7 pop up, dl d7 for this weekend with nunz but want to select other districts.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:01 PM, soupkids said:

How do you download the district's you want.

Had d12 and 7 pop up, dl d7 for this weekend with nunz but want to select other districts.

Top left corner, under the search icon click district and select which district you want to download.

I downloaded districts in Northern Ontario and it came out to 1.5 gb app size.

Last weekend south of Timmins on the C trail I had no service and tried to see how far we were to shining tree, wouldn’t work said something about not having service, my riding buddy who didn’t download the district still showed us where we were, so whats the point to download the district’s? 

An easy fix is to hire the company who did the Quebec app, it’s the best of the best and works flawlessly and far better options  to plan rides.  

4 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Top left corner, under the search icon click district and select which district you want to download.

I downloaded districts in Northern Ontario and it came out to 1.5 gb app size.

Last weekend south of Timmins on the C trail I had no service and tried to see how far we were to shining tree, wouldn’t work said something about not having service, my riding buddy who didn’t download the district still showed us where we were, so whats the point to download the district’s? 

An easy fix is to hire the company who did the Quebec app, it’s the best of the best and works flawlessly and far better options  to plan rides.  

Thanks

• Like 1

The one thing I really like about it is it is uses your compass so you can turn around at an intersection and see what way you're supposed to go. And it works without any cell service. However when you plan a route, half the screen is taken up by route menu.  And that stupid trying to update every frickin time you start it up is annoying, especially when your in the middle of nowhere and your battery is low. 

But it was 4 bucks well spent.

• Like 1