2020 Ski doo Renegade X 900 Turbo Pics...

Turbo Doo

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Thanks. Although i really enjoyed the last 2 seasons on my '18 and my '19 MXZ X 850s, i have always had something for a boosted 4 stroke.  The 850s where freaking awesome sleds. Loads and loads of power, never ever ran out of it, i had ZERO issues, no belt issues etc. I just wanted a change. IMO, the boosted 900 ace has been and is Doos best motor as of now. And the fact that there is Sooo much reliable aftermarket stuff for it, is a draw for me also. I will Doo a few updates as the season progresses as to my thoughts about the sled...

I have this same train of thought regarding the new 600R engine by Doo. Just waiting to see and hear the reliability of it for next season and if I'll jump up to the 850 or not. 

As an aside, this thread should be re-named TDs Turbo Adventures - we can tag along on your rides, thoughts, dislikes and spend YOUR money on it from the confines of our screens. It'll be awesome lol  

:lol: :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MXZSlider said:

I have this same train of thought regarding the new 600R engine by Doo. Just waiting to see and hear the reliability of it for next season and if I'll jump up to the 850 or not. 

As an aside, this thread should be re-named TDs Turbo Adventures - we can tag along on your rides, thoughts, dislikes and spend YOUR money on it from the confines of our screens. It'll be awesome lol  

LMFAO....

1 hour ago, MXZSlider said:

Both the 600R and 850s have been reliable. My dealer really liked his 600R demo last year, he has another this season...

On 12/8/2019 at 9:29 AM, Techdenis007 said:

You might disagree, but I'm very soon going to order myself a finger throttle kit for my 800 E-tec MXz.  Once you've tried the finger throttle (Doo ITC or otherwise) you'll realize that you have much more grip on the bar and it's much easier to operate and control with the fingers, than the thumb.  Also, it's more difficult to accidentally "bump" or snag the throttle in the forward position, preventing unwanted sled movement. It's happened to me.

One of my customers has them on his and his sons' Summits.  He says he'll never go back.  It has a heater element built-in which is direct plug-and-play into the OEM connector.

Sorry for the thread hijack IQ Doo ... 

Thats very possible I have not run one only "vroom vroomed" with one at the sled shows. I had a twist grip throttle years ago on a Blizzard. Didnt like that either. So used to the thumb and never had complaints so thought it was best to stick with it. Its the looseness of it that I dont like more than the finger option.

Very excited to see the mods you do on this sled TD

21 hours ago, MXZSlider said:

@Techdenis007 are looking at a specific one? 

I've looked at some aftermarket billet ones (can't remember which ones) as I had been thinking of adding this to my machine as well. 

Wouldn't a finger throttle be colder than a thumb throttle. With the thumb throttle all your fingers are wrapped around the heated grip. As it is I haven't found a pair of gloves that keep my hands warm unless the temps are pretty warm. The thumb throttle being wide and heated seems to keep the thumb warm though.

10 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Wouldn't a finger throttle be colder than a thumb throttle. With the thumb throttle all your fingers are wrapped around the heated grip. As it is I haven't found a pair of gloves that keep my hands warm unless the temps are pretty warm. The thumb throttle being wide and heated seems to keep the thumb warm though.

On 900 ace you can rotate thumb throttle so it becomes finger throttle. It is still heated and always you to use a couple of fingers instead of one thumb. With grips being heated too it is a nice feature, once you get use to it. Female riders tend to love it. Grip throttle like a motorcycle would be cold, since I believe those can’t be heated either. Brrrrrr just thinking about it. 

26 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

O2 I was the same, I tried every glove out there my hands were always cold.  Until a couple years ago I switched to thin gloves I have 2 pairs I like one is north face fleece gloves and the other is under armor gloves.  I do ride with muffs on all the time but my hands have never felt warmer.  I carry thick ones in my bags in case of a break down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TURBO DOO said:

Both the 600R and 850s have been reliable. My dealer really liked his 600R demo last year, he has another this season...

The 600 is my train of thought currently. Probably an XRS of some flavour. But... there's something to be said about the arm pulling/oh s$*t torque of a 800/850 :ph34r: 

22 minutes ago, gobills said:

O2 I was the same, I tried every glove out there my hands were always cold.  Until a couple years ago I switched to thin gloves I have 2 pairs I like one is north face fleece gloves and the other is under armor gloves.  I do ride with muffs on all the time but my hands have never felt warmer.  I carry thick ones in my bags in case of a break down.

I have contemplated muffs and just may get some for this year. I'm getting older and not worried about having to look cool.

• Like 1

Turbo Doo, that new sled looks awesome! You should put it in the Triton and head to Moonbeam. The L125 is calling and the east side of it is open for turbo business.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Turbo Doo, that new sled looks awesome! You should put it in the Triton and head to Moonbeam. The L125 is calling and the east side of it is open for turbo business.

I see that. You can imagine what Mrs. TURBO DOO will now be putting up with...:hyper:

• Haha 1