Best place to stay in Kapuskasing and Hearst

Carm

ONR I think had 2 engines parked overnight when we where there.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:32 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Rooms are $99.80 for 2 people so you are paying $120.00 extra for the package. That gives you $60.00 off 2 suppers and an estimated $30.00 off 2 breakfasts plus $20.00 off garage storage if the price is still $10.00/sled. Even if you need 50 litres of fuel each that's $4.00 savings. Ends up with them making a couple of extra bucks per head from what I can figure.

PLC, where did you find a room rate of $99.80 for double occupancy?...the Companion website says "regular rates" are $108.90 double, $98.30 single.  If these listed rates are correct,  for 2 people, my calculations suggest the cost of the sledders' package would be pretty damn close to the basic option of paying separately for everything at regular prices -- paying the regular room rate, plus regular prices for meals and gas (i.e. no discount coupons), plus the usual $10 fee per sled to store 2 sleds in the shed.

25 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

PLC, where did you find a room rate of $99.80 for double occupancy?...the Companion website says "regular rates" are $108.90 double, $98.30 single.  If these listed rates are correct,  for 2 people, my calculations suggest the cost of the sledders' package would be pretty damn close to the basic option of paying separately for everything at regular prices -- paying the regular room rate, plus regular prices for meals and gas (i.e. no discount coupons), plus the usual $10 fee per sled to store 2 sleds in the shed.

Call the Queens Motel in Hearst.  Should be right around $100 for two in a room.

1 hour ago, irREVerent said:

Maybe I got the senility rate LOL. I booked our rooms at the Companion back in early November. I always write the prices down with the confirmation #'s and whatever other info. I think I might need including the name of the person I talk with. Jocelyn  told me the two adjoining rooms on the back corner would be $99.80 + taxes each.

I do remember one of the ladies I spoke with needing to check about 2018 rates but as normal I can't remember which hotel that discussion was with.

On thing about the dinner coupon is it's not just for food.

Son and I had supper and at least 3 beer each and the total for dinner was $10

On 2018-01-25 at 11:48 PM, Polaris1 said:

I always found it to be much quieter in the front.

Sounds like between sleds and trains the front is better.  I just paid 15 bucks to put sled in garage and got a room in front., slept awesome that night and was nice getting on a warm sled for a change. They keep that garage at like 70 F. Think I will do that from now on.,

8 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

I'm used to it being very quiet when I sleep. Wish I could sleep when it is noisy but not going to happen.

Try some good ear plugs. Works for me.

36 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Try some good ear plugs. Works for me.

Booze.  They have lots in the bar there .... :cheers:

8 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Even better than Booze I find a full day riding really helps me get a good nights sleep :D 

13 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Works for me !

5 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

Works for me !

The ear plugs are for the person sleeping in the same room with you:ssh:

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The ear plugs are for the person sleeping in the same room with you:ssh:

I have had complaints about this.

You know it's bad when your kids complain, one is across the haal and one downstairs. 

Archived