Best place to stay in Kapuskasing and Hearst

Carm

Looking for advice on the best place to stay in Kap and Hearst.

Companion in Hearst, get the sledders package, $ 110 each includes 30 cupon for supper, breakfast  coupon, 4 cents off a litre at shell and parking in the heated garage.

I stayed at the super 8 in kap but was a little pricey 

5 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Companion in Hearst, get the sledders package, $ 110 each includes 30 cupon for supper, breakfast  coupon, 4 cents off a litre at shell and parking in the heated garage.

Does either have pool or hot tub?

No

Queensway in Hearst does but no resteraunt or bar, have to go to companion anyways 

Super 8 in Kap has a pool and hot tub, The Companion in Hearst does not but the hotel next door does have a pool and it's 2 second walk next door for dinner.

Carm, other than 1 trip back in '03, we've stayed @ the Companion in Hearst. 

In Kap' stayed @ the Apollo, Park Inn (across from the Beer Store) & the Super 8. Others have stayed @ the Advantage & Comfort Inn in Kap' too. No real complaints about the facilities in Kap' pick your price. BTW, all those mentioned in Kap' are accessible by sled.

Check the link in my signature for more info.

Queens in Hearst was the cheapest place in all the places we stayed last year.  Companion is next door for food. 75 ft walk.

Apollo in Kap has always been good.  They have a garage for $10 or $15 if you need it to do some fixing.

BP

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Rooms are $99.80 for 2 people so you are paying $120.00 extra for the package. That gives you $60.00 off 2 suppers and an estimated $30.00 off 2 breakfasts plus $20.00 off garage storage if the price is still $10.00/sled. Even if you need 50 litres of fuel each that's $4.00 savings. Ends up with them making a couple of extra bucks per head from what I can figure.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Rooms are $99.80 for 2 people so you are paying $120.00 extra for the package. That gives you $60.00 off 2 suppers and an estimated $30.00 off 2 breakfasts plus $20.00 off garage storage if the price is still $10.00/sled. Even if you need 50 litres of fuel each that's $4.00 savings. Ends up with them making a couple of extra bucks per head from what I can figure.

I went down town to get Italian food one night. Forget what it was called, but was good food. 

I have stayed at the Advantage just last weekend.  No pool or hot tub, but sledder's rate (have to ask for it) was $65.  We each had rooms with 1 Queen bed, clean and well kept.

24 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I went down town to get Italian food one night. Forget what it was called, but was good food. 

There was an Italian restaurant a few minutes west along the highway, Pizza Place(?) Denis should know. We ate there a few years ago, nice setting.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Package is 110 per person 

25 minutes ago, revrnd said:

There was an Italian restaurant a few minutes west along the highway, Pizza Place(?) Denis should know. We ate there a few years ago, nice setting.

I think it was john's restaurant or something like that. Food was good and something different. 

18 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I think it was john's restaurant or something like that. Food was good and something different. 

John's is Greek.  He's from the Old Country.... good people, big plates, always good eats.  Kings Café is Chinese right next door.  Pizza Place is as much Canadian as anything else, good Italian restaurant. Their Jambalaya is wicked good ... 

9 hours ago, soupkids said:

Package is 110 per person 

Yes it is. so x 2 people in the room =$220.00 - $99.80 for room without package = Paying extra $120.00 for the package for 2 people.

30 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Yes it is. so x 2 people in the room =$220.00 - $99.80 for room without package = Paying extra $120.00 for the package for 2 people.

For a second there thought I missed a great deal. They are great people at that hotel and now I ask for a room on front away from trains. 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

For a second there thought I missed a great deal. They are great people at that hotel and now I ask for a room on front away from trains. 

Interesting. We always ask for rooms at the back to be away from the highway traffic noise.

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Interesting. We always ask for rooms at the back to be away from the highway traffic noise.

X2

4 hours ago, Nunz said:

X2

So trains aren't normally an issue idling all night? 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

So trains aren't normally an issue idling all night? 

its never bothered me in all the times we have stayed there.

The only thing I hear are sleds driving around the parking lot with "Flick Finger".  I would like to hit that thumb with a hammer.

5 minutes ago, Nunz said:

its never bothered me in all the times we have stayed there.

I took a room on highway side on trip back, slept way better that night. Other sledders were switching too because of the idling train issue. Just not sure if there are usually trains idling all night behind motel or not. 

9 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I took a room on highway side on trip back, slept way better that night. Other sledders were switching too because of the idling train issue. Just not sure if there are usually trains idling all night behind motel or not. 

Pretty sure on the train thing

41 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Not sure. Usually it was the ACR inits on the cancelled passenger train from Hearst (every other day). I don't think the freight engines ever sat there. Maybe a bit of shunting.

Archived