Not a good day to go sledding

soupkids

11 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Trust me I will demand LOTS.

I have it in my possession, it will cost them to get it back.

Not really, they own the salvage if they pay you, if you don’t let them take it, no payment, simple

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Not really, they own the salvage if they pay you, if you don’t let them take it, no payment, simple

Perhaps you could offer some advice on how he can negotiate taking a payment and retaining ownership with the burden of covering dealer invoice himself. obviously they have the dealer estimate in hand and have based the total loss on it, so what is there position in regards to salvage value? If they value the sled at 7 grand including taxes, and salvage at 2 grand, could he negotiate salvage value and total loss value if those numbers do not seem fair, and what leverage does the insured actually have if any?

When myself and the ins company come to a figure I'm happy with I will then turn the possession of the sled to the dealer so they get paid as well.

Talked with my dealer today and have it all figured out.

Spiderman if you could give me any advise I would welcome it.

4 minutes ago, soupkids said:

When myself and the ins company come to a figure I'm happy with I will then turn the possession of the sled to the dealer so they get paid as well.

Start looking thru kiji and auto trader. If you find your exact sled take a screen shot of what they are asking. I did this to my girl friends car once. She got into an accident and insurance wrote it off and low balled here. So we collected adds of the exact same car, and demanded 2k more. It worked and they paid it. You don't have to take an un fair settlement, just have to prove what real value is sometimes. Good luck. 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Start looking thru kiji and auto trader. If you find your exact sled take a screen shot of what they are asking. I did this to my girl friends car once. She got into an accident and insurance wrote it off and low balled here. So we collected adds of the exact same car, and demanded 2k more. It worked and they paid it. You don't have to take an un fair settlement, just have to prove what real value is sometimes. Good luck. 

Thanks I'll do that

50 minutes ago, soupkids said:

No way the insurance company is going to pay you full value for the sled AND pay your dealer for repairing it when they (the insurance company) didn't authorize the repair.

Hope you have another palatable  scenario figured out Soup.

6 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

No way the insurance company is going to pay you full value for the sled AND pay your dealer for repairing it when they (the insurance company) didn't authorize the repair.

In talking to my dealer they do it that way all the time.

18 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Will pay a fair retail replacement value though. Won't be highest but shouldn't be lowest either. You can't make values up but need proof of what a similar vechicle is selling for. 

5 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Will pay a fair retail replacement value though. Won't be highest but shouldn't be lowest either. You can't make values up but need proof of what a similar vechicle is selling for. 

You obviously either didn't read my post or didn't understand it.

Looked in Kijiji and autotrader, not many 2016 switchback adventure 600's for sale.

Did get screen captures of all the ones that are.

Archived