Trail Permit Purchase Screwup

revrnd

40 minutes ago, revrnd said:

That's a scary thought. Things are bad enough w/ the 'involvement' of the MTO. I can't imagine if the OFSC fell under the management of the Ministry of Tourism or Ministry of Northern Development & Mines. Don't laugh, I bet a lot of the chair warmers in Queens Park think anything north of King Road is northern Ontario.

You're being generous... how about north of hwy 7. I have worked with people in their 30's and 40's who don't have a car or even a drivers license. They say they don't need it because TTC gets them everywhere they need to go and have never traveled beyond the boundaries of the TTC. They were the start of a trend that was becoming more prevalent with those younger than them.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

You're being generous... how about north of hwy 7. I have worked with people in their 30's and 40's who don't have a car or even a drivers license. They say they don't need it because TTC gets them everywhere they need to go and have never traveled beyond the boundaries of the TTC. They were the start of a trend that was becoming more prevalent with those younger than them.

My sister lives in Tdot. Only time they use car is too go out of town. Mercedes sits in garage all rest of the time. Maybe see's 7500 km's a year. They don't need it on a daily bases and walk to work and or take uber when it is raining (taxis won't pick them up because it is to short of a ride, they are told). 

14 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

My sister lives in Tdot. Only time they use car is too go out of town. Mercedes sits in garage all rest of the time. Maybe see's 7500 km's a year. They don't need it on a daily bases and walk to work and or take uber when it is raining (taxis won't pick them up because it is to short of a ride, they are told). 

I also know of people who live in downtown Toronto condos and don't need a coat during winter. They go down the elevator to the underground malls for shopping and walk underground from home to work each day. We're creating a generation of mushrooms that never see outside. I also saw a recent report that if they have the choice of an okay job with a 20 minute commute or their dream job with a 40 minute commute they will opt for the okay job.   

4 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

My son sold his house and bought a  condo about a five minute walk to the skydome. He was leasing a cruze and it is sitting in my driveway until lease is up. He uses Uber and he joined the bike sharing system they have for $90 a year. He will take go train to Oshawa and uses car when he is here. They want a couple hundred bucks a month for parking spot at condo. If he occasionally rents a car to go away, it is still cheaper than having one parked at condo.

3 minutes ago, thetorches said:

My son sold his house and bought a  condo about a five minute walk to the skydome. He was leasing a cruze and it is sitting in my driveway until lease is up. He uses Uber and he joined the bike sharing system they have for $90 a year. He will take go train to Oshawa and uses car when he is here. They want a coupe hundred bucks a month for parking spot at condo. If he occasionally rents a car to go away, it is still cheaper than having one parked at condo.

I have friends that do just that every year

I couldn't handle living like that. Mind you I have no interest in living 2 miles into the bush on an unmaintained road w/ no hydro.

14 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I couldn't handle living like that. Mind you I have no interest in living 2 miles into the bush on an unmaintained road w/ no hydro.

I hate going downtown Toronto. The congestion and traffic both vehicle and pedestrian is annoying. Like you I couldn't live a few miles into the bush either. A prime example of that lifestyle is a show I have occasionally watched a bit of. Alaskan Bush People. It is alleged to be fake but the lifestyle they portray is insane.

I am trying real hard to convince my wife to sell in Toronto and build in Port Severn. I thought we were ready to go last spring but unfortunately it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind it seems. Every time I drove down the 400 to Toronto this past summer it was a do I have to moment.

3 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I hate going downtown Toronto. The congestion and traffic both vehicle and pedestrian is annoying. Like you I couldn't live a few miles into the bush either. A prime example of that lifestyle is a show I have occasionally watched a bit of. Alaskan Bush People. It is alleged to be fake but the lifestyle they portray is insane.

Friends & I watched a couple of episodes last year. I'd have to say they're morons w/ a dash of inter-breeding thrown in. Recently I saw a bit of another show. They had a chimney fire & rather than deal with the cause (uncleaned pipes w/ a crap load of creosote), they figured they build a better walkway on the roof so they could shovel snow down it.

43 minutes ago, thetorches said:

My son sold his house and bought a  condo about a five minute walk to the skydome. He was leasing a cruze and it is sitting in my driveway until lease is up. He uses Uber and he joined the bike sharing system they have for $90 a year. He will take go train to Oshawa and uses car when he is here. They want a couple hundred bucks a month for parking spot at condo. If he occasionally rents a car to go away, it is still cheaper than having one parked at condo.

The people that have a cottage two doors away from me have no car. They live in downtown TO. They rent a car everytime they come up to the cottage.   

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

My idea of living, wife, not so much.

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

I agree with the "downtown living", been there, done that!!

However I could live 25 miles into the bush without roads or hydro, but I would probably be there on my own, LOL!

Archived