• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

innertube.jpg

'Nuff said .....

Something tells me you're going to catch heck for this one 

9 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Something tells me you're going to catch heck for this one 

I'm still giggling my arse off over that picture !!!!!  And I'm sure SJ got a chuckle from it too ... !

Just wait till next week :-)

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Story to follow? Stay tuned?

Never a dull moment !!!

l put the WRP seat on my Nytro. it was great, firmer (not like 2x6 buried in it) and +2 higher.

http://www.wr-products.com/products/2012-2016-yamaha-vector-seat 

I had the personal displeasure of sitting on that seat, in a static situation it was not comfy!!

Livin'

To clarify, sledjunks sled seat, not the seat in the picture!!

Livin'

47 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

To clarify, sledjunks sled seat, not the seat in the picture!!

Livin'

Maybe Sledjunk is trying to modify the wrong seat ? :lmao:

Dude, both those seats are so wrong. Again, I only sat on one of those seats!!

Livin'

55 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Waiting for Sledjunks reply......

:lmao:

Sure pick on me when I'm driving!

I was thinking about the WRP Seat but had heard mixed reviews.  I am going to attempt another shot at fixing this seat, but if not acceptable, the WRP will be installed for next season.

6 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Sure pick on me when I'm driving!

I was thinking about the WRP Seat but had heard mixed reviews.  I am going to attempt another shot at fixing this seat, but if not acceptable, the WRP will be installed for next season.

I got a BOSS seat for my sled so far I really like it 

boss seats for the win! when you modify anything, it is a crap shoot. you will love it, or hate it, or tolerate it. trying to get "regular upholstering shops" to update a seat on a sled is a gamble at best. they know cars, boats ect... they don't understand regular material foam gets REALLY STIFF, in cold temps. you need a seat mfg to BUILD YOU A CUSTOM SEAT, not modify stocker. boss has been the premier seat builder for sleds for decades. Ski 

From what I see, Boss doesn't make a sea for my sled :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update.

ApeXman came over today to see if we could make the seat any better.  When we removed the cover, we found a pad of about 2 inches of soft foam attached to a very soggy pad.  This was glued down and we carefully removed it.

We found a treasure underneath.

20170217_101924.thumb.jpg.1833e623af07869a26aca5ffd71ad236.jpg

20170217_101943.thumb.jpg.473fbaee39e0af24f50da2372e72408d.jpg

20170217_101947.thumb.jpg.54de47a1df64529e5a3ca11dd959122b.jpg

Yes!!  This is a block of 3 inch Styrofoam.  It now measures only 2.5 inches and as you can see, has split into two pieces.  This was on top of a bed of what looks like spray foam insulation!

Thank goodness that on the first attempt, he returned the original foam piece to me!!

We first removed all of this garbage and then built the seat back to approximately stock.  We then cut some new foam that I had purchased that was a 2.6 density and a 51 firmness.  This piece was 2 inches thick.  We filled all of the voids around the new foam and recovered the seat.

I now can bounce on the seat without hurting myself, and I am sitting within a 1/4 inch of the height on the styrofoam.

Thank you to apeXman for all his help.

37 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Here is an update.

ApeXman came over today to see if we could make the seat any better.  When we removed the cover, we found a pad of about 2 inches of soft foam attached to a very soggy pad.  This was glued down and we carefully removed it.

We found a treasure underneath.

20170217_101924.thumb.jpg.1833e623af07869a26aca5ffd71ad236.jpg

20170217_101943.thumb.jpg.473fbaee39e0af24f50da2372e72408d.jpg

20170217_101947.thumb.jpg.54de47a1df64529e5a3ca11dd959122b.jpg

Yes!!  This is a block of 3 inch Styrofoam.  It now measures only 2.5 inches and as you can see, has split into two pieces.  This was on top of a bed of what looks like spray foam insulation!

Thank goodness that on the first attempt, he returned the original foam piece to me!!

We first removed all of this garbage and then built the seat back to approximately stock.  We then cut some new foam that I had purchased that was a 2.6 density and a 51 firmness.  This piece was 2 inches thick.  We filled all of the voids around the new foam and recovered the seat.

I now can bounce on the seat without hurting myself, and I am sitting within a 1/4 inch of the height on the styrofoam.

Thank you to apeXman for all his help.

Sounds good.. maybe ill try this new seat out in a week or so..Hehe..

Sledjunk, I bet you're not impressed with the guy who put that blue styrofoam on your seat.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Sledjunk, the guy who put that blue styrofoam on your seat deserves a . . . . . . . . . . . .

Don't laugh but I've got no less than 4 inches thick of styrofoam in my seat , and it's far more comfortable than before modification. Not perfect, needs an edit ,  but decent. 

10 hours ago, Wildbill said:

holy fug who did that ?  hemorrhoid helper anyone ?

A 'professional' :wtf:

Archived