Moonbeam Clubhouse - R.I.P. Gaston

Claire Voyant

It is with deep sorrow that we found out this morning that long time volunteer and host at the Moonbeam Clubhouse, Mr. Gaston Dufour passed away suddenly yesterday morning. His loss will be felt by many. I'm sure many of you have had the opportunity to enjoy Gaston's hospitality over the years.

Out of respect, the clubhouse will be closed this week and weekend (March 3, 4, 5, and 6).

post-23640-0-38100000-1456847657_thumb.jpg

WOW!. So sorry to hear that. Had many chats with him at the clubhouse. What a great guy indeed. Enjoyed more than a few laughs. He will be truly missed. I was wondering why I did not see him when we were through there. RIP Gaston..

WOW!. So sorry to hear that. Had many chats with him at the clubhouse. What a great guy indeed. Enjoyed more than a few laughs. He will be truly missed. I was wondering why I did not see him when we were through there. RIP Gaston..

X2!  R.I.P. Gaston and condolences to family and friends.

X2!  R.I.P. Gaston and condolences to family and friends.

X3...

So sad just talked to him last Friday what a great guy

Condoleances to the family and Club ....  :(

Wonderful man and dedicated volunteer. We stopped there on a Wednesday last year. They were closed but he came along with a load of supplies and talked to us for a while. He invited us in even though it was closed that day.I am sure it will be hard to fill his shoes.

RIP Gaston.

Sad news. We ALWAYS made a point of stopping there for a snack.

Update:

The volunteers at the Moonbeam Clubhouse have decided that they WILL have the clubhouse open this weekend Saturday and Sunday, March 5 and 6.

Good for them.  No better way to celebrate his loss by keeping the clubhouse open.  Kudos to them, I'm sure that's what he would have wanted.  

If at all possible we might swing over there on Sunday for brunch and pass along our thoughts in person.  

Update:

The volunteers at the Moonbeam Clubhouse have decided that they WILL have the clubhouse open this weekend Saturday and Sunday, March 5 and 6.

Condolences to family and friends. A memorial table should be set up with his pic, stuffed animal , candle at the clubhouse.

Will be missed. Always had good chats. In fact our gang was by there sunday around 4:30 and they where closed. As we where sitting outside he was locking up and asked if any one needed to use the washroom. Always a stand up guy. Going to go by on weekend to pay respect.

Archived