North bay this weekend??????

BlakeBouch

Anyone have update in North Bay

North Bay only got 4-5" of wet snow and Jeff said Mattawa got 10"

Mild here this afternoon +5C but will be cold for next 2 weeks.

Lakes will be a mess for a few days with the slush.

We will probably be out grooming tomorrow, 3 groomers out yesterday and they said things were getting thin.

Hydro One is killing us plowing A112A

Forest access trails in Bonfield and Mattawa should be good.

Thanks for the info. We are second guessing our trip here.

Yea we Want to sled but don't want to kill our sleds

I will be riding from North Bay to Kirkland Lake on Friday, I will try to report Friday night.

Sudbury north of 17 is good

Sudbury north of 17 is good

Yes it is. Did the Wolf loop Tuesday and it was in great shape. Doing the Moose loop tomorrow now that it's open.

Yes it is. Did the Wolf loop Tuesday and it was in great shape. Doing the Moose loop tomorrow now that it's open.

Any new snow from the storm?

3-4 inches with some freezing rain on top then light drizzle most of the day that changed to snow again tonight. So net result was that there is a few inches of new wet snow and minus 13 tonight. Should be good tomorrow. I'll post after tomorrow's ride.

Keep us posted please with Sudbury riding I'm hoping next week mon-Tuesday for a ride 3 days

Me too.  We are on the fence right now.  Would like to ride in either Sudbury or North Bay area.  If need be we will have to haul to Cochrane.  Would rather ride the sled than drive the truck though.  Fingers crossed

Me too.  We are on the fence right now.  Would like to ride in either Sudbury or North Bay area.  If need be we will have to haul to Cochrane.  Would rather ride the sled than drive the truck though.  Fingers crossed

Same, making plans tomorrow, leaving for somewhere sunday, riding mon, tues, wed

Same, making plans tomorrow, leaving for somewhere sunday, riding mon, tues, wed

We're having a Super Bowl Party on Sunday.  LOL  Who knows maybe we'll see you on the trails some where up there.

Super Bowl party in Sudbury !? Maybe the Boston pizza or something

LOL I wish.  Unfortunately we are HOSTING the party at our place.  Everyone coming are NON-SLEDDERS!!  That's okay we leave Monday for the north and hopefully majority of peeps are back to work while we play.

Very interested also on your ride from North Bay to Kirkland Lake.   Where thinking about next weekend....12th- 14th of Feb. and hoping that we

get some real snow by then.  Question... if condition are good can we go up  in a day and back the next day. ( pair of old farts  :rolleyes: ) ?

Very interested also on your ride from North Bay to Kirkland Lake.   Where thinking about next weekend....12th- 14th of Feb. and hoping that we

get some real snow by then.  Question... if condition are good can we go up  in a day and back the next day. ( pair of old farts  :rolleyes: ) ?

200 miles North Bay to Kirkland lake.

Could just go to New Liskeard 137 miles from North Bay. Then touring around New Liskeard up to Earlton if you arrive a bit early .

We did the Moose Loop today. It's in excellent condition. Lakes are a bit slushy but I'm told they have about 11" on the Moose Loop lake crossings. Lots of snow with more on the way. You guys that are coming up for next week will have a great week. I'll post some pics once I have access to a laptop, can't plug into the iPad.

I will be riding from North Bay to Kirkland Lake on Friday, I will try to report Friday night.

Hope you made it to Kirkland Lake 14snow.  Let us know how the trails were all the way up to Kirkland Lake.  Thanks

The French River Snowmobile Club, a fellow Club in District 11, has lent them a Groomer, Drag and Operator.

Not a Club from the south but rather a Club that has been trying mightily to get their own trails open but don't foresee the groomer being needed now due to swamp problems.

Support French River by buying a few raffle tickets, see post pinned at top of OC page.

MASC has only one groomer to do 150 Kms of heavily travelled A trail plus A112A on other side of Mattawa River which adds considerably to non-productive travel time thru town.

Well we are booked in at the Cedar Lodge for Monday and Tuesday, than at the Dinner Bell for Wednesday, Thursday.  Can't wait.  We have heard great reports on District 11.  Special thanks to everyone on here posting and to Rick (Nutter) Ian GJ and Mr. Baker for all the info.  Can't wait to ride and post some pics myself.  WOOT WOOT!!!  two more sleeps!!

Archived