Accommodations in Hornepayne?

FishHog

The only place I am aware of is Uncles. Hope this helps

I believe Uncles may be closed for the winter.  At least the Restaurant is closed.  You can try Agich's Riverside Cabins.  They recently bought the Riverside Cabins.  My parents have stayed there and were nice.

Phone# 807 228 0093 web site and email.Agichsriversidecabins.com and riversidecabins@outlook.com

you can also contact the edc (economic development committee) they used to have bachelorettes available. Ski

you can also contact the edc (economic development committee) they used to have bachelorettes available. Ski

I contacted them in early Dec'. This was their reply:

Good afternoon,

We do not have accommodations available.

Have a great day.

You might want to try Rock's Hunt Camp on the outskirts of town.

http://www.sleddersworld.com/departments/ontarioDB/view.php?rec=713

Hospital? Cough lots and complain about chest pains .... :)

Hospital? Cough lots and complain about chest pains .... :)

Lol! Nothing like 1k night on tax payers.

• 2 weeks later...

Give Uncle's a shout! Our group was there last Friday for lunch. Nunz had called ahead, and prearranged our lunch. They agreed to open for us. A big thank you to the owners. They will open for groups the owner told me!.

Here's a pic from last Friday!..

post-22136-0-29977300-1455229984_thumb.jpg

Give Uncle's a shout! Our group was there last Friday for lunch. Nunz had called ahead, and prearranged our lunch. They agreed to open for us. A big thank you to the owners. They will open for groups the owner told me!.

After my visit there a couple of years ago where I swore I would never go back, I have to admit that on visiting Uncles again I would have no problem staying and eating there again, they were excellent hosts and the food was great.....

Hearst is a quick ride from Hornepayne.  We have done the 100 miles in 2 hours.  The trip from Hornepayne to Bambino's is really fast; from Bambino's to Hearst is a bit slower but still fast.  I would go to Hearst if you can.

LISTEN UP ---- THIS JUST IN !!!!!!

Just got an update from Pro-North Outfitters, aka Kirmick Lodge on Nagagamisis Lake, across from the Provincial Park.  Related to this thread.

They've just busted a trail thru from the lodge to the groomed trail this past weekend.  This is the first winter the lodge has been open, they're looking to see snowmobilers get back into the area.  If you want more details you can call them, but the announcement is a great start .... go to their Facebook page and check for yourselves, I've asked about the trail and fuel, you'll be happily surprised ......   :D

https://www.facebook.com/Pronorth-Outfitters-Kirmick-Lodge-1631731457078447/?sk=photos

https://www.facebook.com/1631731457078447/photos/a.1640731569511769.1073741828.1631731457078447/1682597958658463/?type=3&comment_id=1682609361990656&reply_comment_id=1682611411990451&notif_t=photo_reply

Just got an update from Pro-North Outfitters, aka Kirmick Lodge on Nagagamisis Lake, across from the Provincial Park.  Related to this thread.

They've just busted a trail thru from the lodge to the groomed trail this past weekend.  This is the first winter the lodge has been open, they're looking to see snowmobilers get back into the area.  If you want more details you can call them, but the announcement is a great start .... go to their Facebook page and check for yourselves, I've asked about the trail and fuel, you'll be happily surprised ......   :D

https://www.facebook.com/Pronorth-Outfitters-Kirmick-Lodge-1631731457078447/?sk=photos

https://www.facebook.com/1631731457078447/photos/a.1640731569511769.1073741828.1631731457078447/1682597958658463/?type=3&comment_id=1682609361990656&reply_comment_id=1682611411990451&notif_t=photo_reply

Looks good Denis. We are most likely heading your way shortly!...

Looks good Denis. We are most likely heading your way shortly!...

We're ready & waiting!!!!!

Denis, they messaged me via Faceplant, Can you point out on the pic where they are? I can take it from there.

post-19781-0-14217900-1455765196_thumb.jpg

Denis, they messaged me via Faceplant, Can you point out on the pic where they are? I can take it from there.

attachicon.gifNaga Lake.JPG

Highway 631 runs north/south on the left, their road turns in on the North shore heading East, they're one of the 2 larger cleared areas part way in, not all the way at the end... I'm guessing the largest of the cleared areas is them, the one that's just about dead center of the road ... if you understand what I'm saying ....

I'll get you a waypoint either at noon or tonight, but go with that for now if you like.

Try this for a waypoint ...

49°28'54.0"N 84°41'15.1"W

Different format ...

49.481653, -84.687534

Years ago we rented a boat from them, while camped at the provincial park across the lake. That's where I recall we went to, to the best of my ability to remember.  Should be good to go with that, it's well signed anyway so if the waypoint is off by 1/4 mile no-one will ever notice.

have heard some sour reviews, but our lunch (food & service) was great.had soup ready & cold beer...even with our late arrival...broken into 2 groups...with injured rider...& a lot of stories...came from 3 different directions...but said we're all together...or we could have went to the hospital to have lunch...? I know...kinda creepy...anyhow everytown has it's charm...lol..matt17 has it made up there,see a local upcoming mp/sled head in the near future

Thanks for the help Denis.

have heard some sour reviews, but our lunch (food & service) was great.had soup ready & cold beer...even with our late arrival...broken into 2 groups...with injured rider...& a lot of stories...came from 3 different directions...but said we're all together...or we could have went to the hospital to have lunch...? I know...kinda creepy...anyhow everytown has it's charm...lol..matt17 has it made up there,see a local upcoming mp/sled head in the near future

Glad you had a good meal at Uncles'.  Personally I won't darken the door of the establishment for a variety of reasons, but if they are providing good service to the tourists i am glad for the service they provide you.  Have heard they have reopened Tuesday-Saturday, I make no guarantees about that though . . . . Don't knock the hospital until you try it. Weird yes, but good, especially if you are here during the week and want something healthier, they do an awesome salad bar/make your own wrap bar Monday to Friday.  To your last comment things here in town are pretty good for me, lots to do that I enjoy, however I have not interest in ever getting involved in politics, the sled head part I could work on though.  

Back to the topic of the thread, as I posted further up the Agich's have purchased the riverside cabins and will do a good job running them, in the summer they run a fly-in fishing lodge.  They are right on the trail and are quite nice inside.

I believe Uncles may be closed for the winter. At least the Restaurant is closed. You can try Agich's Riverside Cabins. They recently bought the Riverside Cabins. My parents have stayed there and were nice.

Phone# 807 228 0093 web site and email.Agichsriversidecabins.com and riversidecabins@outlook.com

Nice website but your link is missing the www. They located right in town?

Back to the topic of the thread, as I posted further up the Agich's have purchased the riverside cabins and will do a good job running them, in the summer they run a fly-in fishing lodge.  They are right on the trail and are quite nice inside.

Matt, can you get an accurate GPS location of Agich's? I have an approximate spot, but would like to be more specific. TIA

Archived