Silversands/ Whiskey Jacks at Sand Lake

snowchopper

They have a new gas tank for this upcoming season and will be serving premium gas. Just thought people would like to know of another option for gas on the Almaguin System..They also have very good food if you haven't ate there.    

Have fueled up, dined and slept there in the past. 

Food's great. Very convenient that they have fuel onsite.

Excellent place and great news! I visit for breakfast or lunch a few times a season.

Same here. Hopefully the bit of drama that some riders have experienced, isn't a problem again this winter. I have never had an issue and jack and his wife has always been polite and honest. Everyone has a bad day too.

Same here. Hopefully the bit of drama that some riders have experienced, isn't a problem again this winter. I have never had an issue and jack and his wife has always been polite and honest. Everyone has a bad day too.

I think you are confused,the owners names are Mark and Liz. My place is just down the road from them.

I wuz wondering who Jack was.

BTW, there are few business people who have been more active supporters  of ADSC than Liz and Mark,  Liz served as Treasurer and/or Secretary for many years; and there are few people who have logged as many groomer hours as Mark.  After building the new 'Whiskey Jack' building with their own hands, they are too busy running the camp now  to be as hands on with the club, but IMHO they've paid their dues and deserve our support.

Good to know.

I think you are confused,the owners names are Mark and Liz. My place is just down the road from them.

The guy cooking with the beard is mark! I have sat in there lots of times and he as made me my food and sat down and talked for awhile, since I was in mid week and it was slow.

There is another groomer operator who is Jack and I believe might be the president of ADSC that goes in there as well. But VR700 probably knows better then any of the locals.

Edit- he is just a chairperson for the trails.

There is another groomer operator who is Jack and I believe might be the president of ADSC that goes in there as well. But VR700 probably knows better then any of the locals.

Edit- he is just a chairperson for the trails.

I think you mean Jack Backus, he has been with the club for as long as I can remember.

Jack Backus is a good friend of mine. He has been out of the club president role for a couple of years. He is the trail boss for the Almaguin Club. He was telling me saturday night that we have a new groomer operator. Is it you Whits-end?  

Would they have been the people owning/running the business during the winter of '13?

Would they have been the people owning/running the business during the winter of '13?

Yes they would have been!

Jack Backus is a good friend of mine. He has been out of the club president role for a couple of years. He is the trail boss for the Almaguin Club. He was telling me saturday night that we have a new groomer operator. Is it you Whits-end?  

Yes, that would be me.

We have stopped there a few times and have always had a great meal, usually try and support them and Edgewater as I would like them both to stay in business.

Yes, that would be me.

Awesome! I am sure I will run into you, this winter. Hopefully not literally!

Yes, that would be me.

Glad to see your grooming . Jack was telling me this saturday night at "Killers" place while we were having a few cold ones and some chicken wings.I told Jack he should check out this forum. Probably knows alot of the guys on here.

Archived