Why the members of this group are the best.....

Nunz

The forum has gown since the day I created it in 2002.. Hard to beleive it was 13 years ago :)

Here's a link to the first version of oc.com http://www.network54.com/Forum/174905/page-8

That's a blast from the past :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forum has gown since the day I created it in 2002.. Hard to beleive it was 13 years ago :)

Here's a link to the first version of oc.com http://www.network54.com/Forum/174905/page-8

Reminds me of the old TrailConditions.com Where's BillyBob?

Yup, then I bought a Viper.. I may change my name is LuvMyRetirement :)

You retiring? You're too young

2 years for me, and ditto on the nap

Aren't you only semi retired Blake... don't you have some business interests?

I'm not in any hurry to retire. I like what I do, my boss is in another country and I would get cabin fever too quick. Everyone is different. I see myself working to at least 65 at the moment

I'm not in any hurry to retire. I like what I do, my boss is in another country and I would get cabin fever too quick. Everyone is different. I see myself working to at least 65 at the moment

You only get cabin fever if you stay in the cabin.  You could ask BlakeG but he's too busy to ask.  The beauty of retirement is being able to do all the things you want to do and have ever wanted to try but were never able to do because work took up too much of the week.  

Nothing that interferes too much with nap time.

You only get cabin fever if you stay in the cabin.  You could ask BlakeG but he's too busy to ask.  The beauty of retirement is being able to do all the things you want to do and have ever wanted to try but were never able to do because work took up too much of the week.  

I know what you are saying. As for now I am having a good balance of work and fun I think. My former boss loved to play golf and go fishing. He thought retirement would be great. He could fish and golf whenever he wanted. Found out after playing golf 4 or 5 times a week it wasn't "special" anymore like it was when he waited for the weekend or took a day off work mid week. Another had a large list of things to do around the house. He puttered at them for a month or two then said "what do I do now".

As it is now we are into the "in between season" snowmobile is done and boating is yet to begin. This time of year drives me insane at home on weekends.

I know what you are saying. As for now I am having a good balance of work and fun I think. My former boss loved to play golf and go fishing. He thought retirement would be great. He could fish and golf whenever he wanted. Found out after playing golf 4 or 5 times a week it wasn't "special" anymore like it was when he waited for the weekend or took a day off work mid week. Another had a large list of things to do around the house. He puttered at them for a month or two then said "what do I do now".

I have figured out my retirement I am on the freedom 97 plan

I have figured out my retirement I am on the freedom 97 plan

I know what your retirement will look like... you'll cut back to 10 hours a day. Some people just love their work. The gentleman who owned Husky in Bolton was going into the office in his late 80's early 90's.

It's been a couple of years now since I was in to Central Outboard on Woodbine Ave but the old guy with his signature captains cap was still going in each day. Murray I think is his name. He checked out every deal his grandson made apparently.

Oh, I get it.. Not!

Our secret is out now Rick

Charlie Bulmer is still working full time in his ninties at CC Marine on the production floor 

Any relation to Bulmer Marine that used to be on Bathurst Street in Toronto ?

I know what your retirement will look like... you'll cut back to 10 hours a day. Some people just love their work. The gentleman who owned Husky in Bolton was going into the office in his late 80's early 90's.

Yes, he certainly was.  Not to the delight of the majority of management.     :-)

As it is now we are into the "in between season" snowmobile is done and boating is yet to begin. This time of year drives me insane at home on weekends.

Sorry for those guyz.................Variety is the Spice of Life. 

Archived