Where did you ride this week/weekend? What were the conditions like?

RAM

We headed up to Kirkland Lake for our annual tour. We left early Saturday morning from the comfort inn and headed further north to Cochrane, the trails were excellent! waste deep snow, there were a few fallen trees we had to clear off the trail but besides that trails were incredible. Sunday morning we made our way to Smooth Rock and from there we went to Timmins and stayed at Post 392! Great hospitality, we will for sure be going back there. Monday we made our way back to Kirkland lake. We put on 438 miles, and all the trails were awesome. No complaints about our trip! 

1779049_10206054544425700_2242019108171810606253_10206060243808181_661728241274610933965_10206054550545853_120613056574610906170_10206054546825760_5234254160255

Great pics thanks for sharing!!!

Kearny/Sundridge was amazing on Thursday

X2 and was great Friday and Saturday too! I went thru deerhurst on d102b on Friday and it was smooth like a highway. Couldn't believe it. Got to deerhurst and the place was filled with hockey players. What a great day. Trails were so good I stayed until Saturday night.

Went from Gravenhurst to Port Sydney then on way back upt Summerland restaurant. It was really bumpy, sort of like mogul skiing on a sled. It was nice to get out though, since there's not even a snowflake here in Oshawa.

How was the highway tunnel crossing under highway 11. It was deep water when I went thru on Friday. When I come out of the water and back Ono the ice, bumped my head on cement tunnel. Forgot how low it was in there.

What you got against open face helmets and backpacks? i've worn a backpack since i started sledding, and use an open face helmet with goggles as well... doesn't mean i'm an a-ho.. ;)

As long as you're not a BRAPP BRAPP rooster tailer  BTW ...what is in that backpack??

He won't show me... Just says there "critical items" I'm guessing shovel, beacon, flash frozen foods and o2 tanks. He doesn't like to ride D5 without them incase he sees a snow bank. ;)

And in all honesty, Derek talked me into a backpack this year for the first time. After my first ride, my tunnel bag was completely soaked. Belt, supposedly dry gloves, map, tools etc. I actually liked the back pack to be honest. Everything I need is easy access, and when I go into a restaurant or leave my sled, I have piece of mind knowing my 200 belt is with me, and not at the mercy of someone else snooping around. You hear stuff stolen more and more every year.

Its just most douche bags that are sideways around corners, wrong side of the trail, making moguls after every intersection and middle of the trail, inconsiderate non signalling frigs ride with open helmets and back packs. Mostly ski doo rider's in my experience with these douche bags.

delete

Most of the douches are the ones driving daddys Escalade with a 4 bed trailer and block in the other trailers at staging areas 

As long as you're not a BRAPP BRAPP rooster tailer  BTW ...what is in that backpack??

food,spare goggles,mitts,muffs,water,toque,bucksaw,1st aid kit,TP etc are things I carry in my backpack, I have been wearing a backpack since the early 90s

He won't show me... Just says there "critical items" I'm guessing shovel, beacon, flash frozen foods and o2 tanks. He doesn't like to ride D5 without them incase he sees a snow bank. ;)

Isn't this the guy that showed us his 2 cell phones at one of our meeting?  LOL

And in all honesty, Derek talked me into a backpack this year for the first time. After my first ride, my tunnel bag was completely soaked. Belt, supposedly dry gloves, map, tools etc. I actually liked the back pack to be honest. Everything I need is easy access, and when I go into a restaurant or leave my sled, I have piece of mind knowing my 200 belt is with me, and not at the mercy of someone else snooping around. You hear stuff stolen more and more every year.

Hey too bad about that.  I have been using Ski Doo tunnel bags for years. Stuff never gets wet inside. We always wonder how much the backpack "wears" into the shoulders.

food,spare goggles,mitts,muffs,water,toque,bucksaw,1st aid kit,TP etc are things I carry in my backpack, I have been wearing a backpack since the early 90s

Now with no ripcord gotta have booster cables too.

Now with no ripcord gotta have booster cables too.

make sure the clips on your booster cables aren't too big for the terminals on your sled battery and the space you have to access them. I found a guy trail side a couple of years ago that had taken the cables from his truck only to find that they wouldn't fit the space. The cables I carry have smaller than typical clips and we were able to get him going and on his way. Even if the clips fit your sled will they fit the one you're getting a boost from

make sure the clips on your booster cables aren't too big for the terminals on your sled battery and the space you have to access them. I found a guy trail side a couple of years ago that had taken the cables from his truck only to find that they wouldn't fit the space. The cables I carry have smaller than typical clips and we were able to get him going and on his way. Even if the clips fit your sled will they fit the one you're getting a boost from

Yup  did a dry run at home so will carry needle nose visegrips to attach the clips onto.

Hey too bad about that.  I have been using Ski Doo tunnel bags for years. Stuff never gets wet inside. We always wonder how much the backpack "wears" into the shoulders.

Surprisingly, it doesn't as long as you have a bag with a sternum strap. I've tried numerous bags from cat and skinz. And without goiing as far as a true hard case, the backpack has worked best so far.

Volunteer, I hope that groomers warming up. Looks like we might actually be getting some decent accumulation over the next week.

We headed up to Kirkland Lake for our annual tour. We left early Saturday morning from the comfort inn and headed further north to Cochrane, the trails were excellent! waste deep snow, there were a few fallen trees we had to clear off the trail but besides that trails were incredible. Sunday morning we made our way to Smooth Rock and from there we went to Timmins and stayed at Post 392! Great hospitality, we will for sure be going back there. Monday we made our way back to Kirkland lake. We put on 438 miles, and all the trails were awesome. No complaints about our trip! 

1779049_10206054544425700_2242019108171810606253_10206060243808181_661728241274610933965_10206054550545853_120613056574610906170_10206054546825760_5234254160255

Great pics coldfinger. Thanks for sharing..

Archived