Can anyone help me?

UsedtoSkidoo

Hey all,

Im looking for a Yamaha dealer that can let me try-out a Nytro. Before I put cash down on a new BRP product ( Very reluctant to do this) I want to see my options. The only option for me is the Nytro.

ANyone know a dealer that can help?

Thanks!

UTS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BUT other than than there is no help for you!!! :rotflmao:

:coffeespit:

Seriously, I hope you're able to find what you're looking for, UTS (but I can't believe you're thinking of going 'blue' :shock: ).

Where are you located UTS???

Give Rob a call at Massel's Marine in New Hamburg u will have to make a appointment but he may be fit to help u out 519-662-1650 with the way these BRP product's are blowing up lately Yam may be the way to go.

UTS

Markham Mower can probably help you out. They are in Markham (duh) but they have places in Haliburton and in the Haliburton Forest where they can probably arrange test rides. Talk to Andy or Amanda and mention that I suggested you call. Great dealer and service. 905-294-2644

Dave

Seriously, I hope you're able to find what you're looking for, UTS (but I can't believe you're thinking of going 'blue' :shock: ).

Once he goes 'blue', he'll find out that he doesn't need help anymore!! :lol:

You should definatly phone Brian in Hensal. He let my wife try her new phazer before we bought it at the start of this season. His price was the best and Brian was awsome to deal with. I live three hours from him and he had the sled ready for me the night that I came eventhough I was not sure if the wife would like it. He even stayed late to close the deal when I got lost going there. Brian is your man. Brians Service Center 1 519 262 3634.

How about Bracebridge Yamaha (in Bracebridge, of all places), or Quinlan's in Huntsville?

I might not be far behind :banghead::whatever:

I might not be far behind :banghead::whatever:

I dont blame you at all! I just want to drive one. I went and looked at XP's but I dont want to be a guinea pig, dont like the 600hosdi motor and The 800r worries me.

With an honest opinion... I love my Nitro but... It can scare you off the start. The limiter strap HAS to be adjusted in or you will just wheelie all day (not good coming out of corners) The engine braking is fantastic but does take some getting used to. It feels a bit top heavy but that's all it is, just a feeling , it handles great and enjoys being driven aggressively. The ski's suck, I switched to Woody's Duelies and they took away the darting issue but I still notice it with the rear end fishtailing a bit when I left off on the fun flipper. My last sled was an 04 Viper S and it cornered like a streetcar on rails (unfortunetely it rode like one too...only kidding) I've got just shy of 3000 km on it in all sorts of conditions and don't have a complaint. I might step to an 09 but if I don't I will change the ski's to probably Sly Dogs. It lake runs with the 600 SDI or HO( destroys them off the line), gets around the same mileage (18mpg) . Changed the hifax today and everything looked really good. If you like to motocross or ride that style this is the sled. I haven't tried the RTX and don't really know that I need a stiffer ride. (6' 210 lbs)

Hope this helps. :D:D:D:D:D

Bought my 2008 NYTRO Feb 16th drove the rap tour as the first ride. It is amazing I would to like to ride the 600 xp to see what its like. I hear the 800 xp is too much to trial ride (from a few people). The Nytro fits my riding style prefect as far as ski lift I just studded it last weekend and with that snow we had I never really got a chance to try it.

Except for the left foot getting wet or whatever happens there(other riders have the same issue). It is simple the best sled I have driven. I have 1700kms so far on it and the mileage is getting better and better.

Hope this helps...I actually bought it for the wife to drive when we go out and I drive the RX-1 (too heavy for her). I think I well have trouble going back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

With an honest opinion... I love my Nitro but... It can scare you off the start. The limiter strap HAS to be adjusted in or you will just wheelie all day (not good coming out of corners) The engine braking is fantastic but does take some getting used to. It feels a bit top heavy but that's all it is, just a feeling , it handles great and enjoys being driven aggressively. The ski's suck, I switched to Woody's Duelies and they took away the darting issue but I still notice it with the rear end fishtailing a bit when I left off on the fun flipper. My last sled was an 04 Viper S and it cornered like a streetcar on rails (unfortunetely it rode like one too...only kidding) I've got just shy of 3000 km on it in all sorts of conditions and don't have a complaint. I might step to an 09 but if I don't I will change the ski's to probably Sly Dogs. It lake runs with the 600 SDI or HO( destroys them off the line), gets around the same mileage (18mpg) . Changed the hifax today and everything looked really good. If you like to motocross or ride that style this is the sled. I haven't tried the RTX and don't really know that I need a stiffer ride. (6' 210 lbs)

We have a ski setup that works excellent on the big four strokes . No darting great handling !

You may want to check out the Bergstrom Skegs website. They've developed a shim that essentially distributes the weight on the ski more evenly from front to rear. Apparently, in 97 when Yamaha started using the Pro-Action and plastic skis they made the skis front biased which results in a lot of darting. Try doing a search on Totallyamaha.com, that's where I found out about this, but I still haven't tried these shims.

Thanks. Yeap, read all that. Can even turn the existing rubber shims around and add quarter inch shim to rear and that will plant ski's better.

Still..Yamaha does not do this sled justice with their ski's. I think even the Pilot or Precision would be a better match (although both have good and bad points).....endless discussion

As I said, my only issue with the sled.

OhBTW timmer8uno...wet foot problem is one I don't experience but others have solved very simply with two sided tape below clutches where plastic under carriage meets frame.

Trying to fing out relaibility issues on BRP 800R now...................

Still very undecided!

I have a good friend that has one he has gone through several belts and now has a piston going down bought it new in January . He still loves it though as it handles and rides well . He is a meduim aggresive rider . His buddy rides an attack and despite his best efforts has not broken it .(he could break an anvil )

Have you given any thought to the E-TEC? or to the Jaguar I have some customers with the 08s no issues so far

Still very undecided!

UTS...for whatever its worth, two issues with the 800R in the XP that I am aware of (a friend has one):

(1) clutch alignment (thus the blowing belts issue)...alignment is obviously fixable by the dealer, and apparently BRP has spec'd a different belt which works better; and,

(2) driveshaft failures, which are addressed through replacement or welding to reinforce...worth asking the dealer if there is a service bulletin on that (probably should be a recall...)

Also, if you haven't already done so, go to DooTalk and do a search on both issues...lots of info. there, as I recall.

My buddy has had neither issue happen to him (touch wood), and he loves it. Personally, I prefer the 600 in the XP, because the sled is so light, it gives you lots of jam for trail riding, and the 600 is a lot smoother engine. The 800 really is superior for higher speed stuff.

Good luck.

Still very undecided!

I have a good friend that has one he has gone through several belts and now has a piston going down bought it new in January . He still loves it though as it handles and rides well . He is a meduim aggresive rider . His buddy rides an attack and despite his best efforts has not broken it .(he could break an anvil )

Have you given any thought to the E-TEC? or to the Jaguar I have some customers with the 08s no issues so far

I dont want the e-tec as its in its first year of production. As for the Jaguar, its way too big and heavy for me. I need something light as I am a fairly aggressive rider (Or so I have been told :oops: )............Thanks for the info tho!

Archived