PERMITS

ToSlow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still waiting on my last one to arrive.  oct 29th i ordered as i was waiting on dealer for a VIN.  my other 2 came in 1 week i ordered them right at the start. they will come .

I ordered mine on Oct 31. It was in the mail box last week, less than 14 days after I ordered it, and most likely spend 4 of those day in the mail system. Last year I order it the first week of October and I didn't get it until 2nd week of December.

On would think they fill orders as they come in so everyone should be getting them in about the sametime. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Clearly there is no method to their madness...

I'm still waiting on one myself (3+ weeks). Not real excited about what to do if it's lost in the mail :mad:

Permit Lost in Mail

​If you selected the standard shipping option and the permit fails to arrive at the shipping address within 4 weeks, you can request a replacement permit (by sending an email to permits@ofsc.on.ca) for a $10 fee plus shipping. The OFSC can only issue a replacement permit after you file a report for the lost permit to police – this is required by the Ministry of Transportation Ontario. The OFSC will require the police report number, the name of the officer who took the report and the name of the officer’s police service.

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/get-started/permits/termsandconditions

It takes about ten minutes per permit to do the paper work and attach the stickers then stuff the envelope multiply this by the 55000 sold online and online sales still going strong and you begin to understand the backlog. This will no doubt cause improvements for next year. We by ten permits all at the 210 price rather see the extra money go to the sport and we get the permits in our hands right then 

Well I orderd my val tags for my cars online last week and they came today. Maybe they get the government to handle that part for them.

God no, they'd want $25 permit to process it for us.

Well I orderd my val tags for my cars online last week and they came today. Maybe they get the government to handle that part for them.

maybe just buy your permit at the club level and put 30 more bucks on the snow

Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive.

3 wks to the day

wd are you working on getting that new AXYS out on the snow?

wd are you working on getting that new AXYS out on the snow?

as we speak...

still waiting on my last one to arrive.  oct 29th i ordered as i was waiting on dealer for a VIN.  my other 2 came in 1 week i ordered them right at the start. they will come .

in the mail today :)      #45168

We ordered ours the last week of Oct'. They arrived in the mail today. I was wondering last week when they would be delivered. Not that I was planning any riding though.

Wildbill, on 20 Nov 2014 - 8:10 PM, said:

maybe just buy your permit at the club level and put 30 more bucks on the snow

That's what I did. Can't see the use in giving $7.50 to some other company to process the permit, when that money could be put to better use on the trail. Went to the club and bought the permits. No waiting. Permits are in hand, and only cost me $22.50 more. Money well spent if it stays on the snow.

We also buy directly from permit vendor. Visit local gas station, $100 fuel, breakfast, and permit purchase. They were there for us all these years AND a sense that more money for the trails this way.

Have heard others say "buy online" and mail the club a cheque for $22.50. I sense that the local businesses would rather see us, monetize the visit.

Archived