STG's next sled

Moosifer

First time I've seen one of these in person; I immediately thought of STG.

6917411561.jpg

6917411545.jpg

6917411650.jpg

6917411688.jpg

6917411554.jpg

Kinda take the fun out it, but for STG it would serve him well. :poke:

EEEEEEEEEEEEW!! :puke::umno:

wow...I have not seen one on trails yet either.

In 2004, they were 27K CND or 17K USD...wonder what they are now

Are they legal on the trail ?

We saw this one at the Highland Cup races in Haliburton last weekend on Head Lake, thankfully not on the trail (that's not something I want to have come around a blind corner). You can see in the picture that it does have a trail permit. Legally speaking, there isn't anything that makes it illegal for the trail, it is a snow vehicle. It really isn't that much wider than a regular snowmobile, but tell that to someone who's encountered one on the trail :o

wow...I have not seen one on trails yet either.

In 2004, they were 27K CND or 17K USD...wonder what they are now

Are they legal on the trail ?

We saw this one at the Highland Cup races in Haliburton last weekend on Head Lake, thankfully not on the trail (that's not something I want to have come around a blind corner). You can see in the picture that it does have a trail permit. Legally speaking, there isn't anything that makes it illegal for the trail, it is a snow vehicle. It really isn't that much wider than a regular snowmobile, but tell that to someone who's encountered one on the trail :o

At one piont we wer told that they were not a snowmobile by definition of the amount of tracks and as such we were not to sell them passes.

Really? that's interesting

I actually passed one for the first time on a trail on the Family Day weekend on C trail in Whata Territory and that was the first one I ever saw live. It was even in a corner and it was a non issue. It was in a group of about 6 sleds.

At one piont we wer told that they were not a snowmobile by definition of the amount of tracks and as such we were not to sell them passes.

That's ironic...we used the first version of the Elite to groom the sequin back in the day. I was young but I remember grooming with my Dad...we had a gas heater from a VW beetle in it and used an Elan as weight on the drag!!

I've never read anything about twin tracks not being sleds. I think someone was badly misinformed. What about an Alpine? It's only got 1 ski so it may not be legal either.

I think the Elite is/was 48" wide, so not really much different than a conventional sled.

Used to be a guy on the Paudash trails that had 1 of the older white Elites. The only newer version I've seen was up by Dorset a few winters ago.

We passed one of these a couple of weeks ago as 14 Snow and I leaving The Cove heading south toward Honey Harbour. That was the first time I've ever seen one on the trails.

Au contraire...they are quite legal on the trail...ski stance is no wider than contemporary machines. I have seen a few of them on the trail over the years, with valid registrations and OFSC permits...including a demo owned by the Haliburton 'Doo dealer we used to deal with some years ago.

Well suited to STG, IMO...there's room for a case of of Beefeater, as well as a couple of sheep to keep things...uhhh..."cosy" on the trail :P :P

:holysheep:

Au contraire...they are quite legal on the trail...ski stance is no wider than contemporary machines. I have seen a few of them on the trail over the years, with valid registrations and OFSC permits...including a demo owned by the Haliburton 'Doo dealer we used to deal with some years ago.

Well suited to STG, IMO...there's room for a case of of Beefeater, as well as a couple of sheep to keep things...uhhh..."cosy" on the trail :P :P

I wonder how STG would get around Swamp Holes in that baby!??? createphp.gif

:wavey:

Apply more throttle LOL.....

You think it'd make it under the Dorset bridges????

:coffeespit: Indeed...I'd buy tickets to see that... :rotflmao:

You won't need to purchase tickets - I'll bet your sled #2 behind the Mouse - you can see it first hand next year!

Note: Repeat after me........................DO NOT FOLLOW THE MOUSE.....DO NOT FOLLOW THE MOUSE.....DO NOT FOLLOW THE MOUSE!

DSCN3138.jpg

You won't need to purchase tickets - I'll bet your sled #2 behind the Mouse - you can see it first hand next year!

Note: Repeat after me........................DO NOT FOLLOW THE MOUSE.....DO NOT FOLLOW THE MOUSE.....DO NOT FOLLOW THE MOUSE!

DSCN3138.jpg

:umno: That's me driving in the pic, but it's not my sled.

As you may have forgotten ( :P ), I was helping out a poor damsel in distress by driving her sled across the edge of yet another STG mud-hole.

I took the much more sensible "STG by-pass", where we had to wind through the trees off-trail and then jump an open creek and nasty rock, with a 90-degree turn on the other side...yes, it was a much more sensible choice... :rotflmao:

DSCN3138.jpg

As you may have forgotten ( :P ), I was helping out a poor damsel in distress by driving her sled across the edge of yet another STG mud-hole.

I took the much more sensible "STG by-pass", where we had to wind through the trees off-trail and then jump an open creek and nasty rock, with a 90-degree turn on the other side...yes, it was a much more sensible choice... :rotflmao:

Yes - I remember - it was Sandy's sled I think? But it was the only pic I had of you driving a sled around a mud hole on the STG ISLAGIATT tour! LOL...that was a nasty one! That by-pass was better than the mouse's by-pass around it! :rotflmao:

DSCN3138.jpg

Yes - I remember - it was Sandy's sled I think? But it was the only pic I had of you driving a sled around a mud hole on the STG ISLAGIATT tour! LOL...that was a nasty one! That by-pass was better than the mouse's by-pass around it! :rotflmao:

Yes, it was Sandy's sled...and yes, I did blindly follow STG on the off-trail jaunt through the saplings and across the aforementioned creek :oops:

Next time I'm on an ISLAGIATT tour, I won't let that happen again. Actually, I don't plan to go on any more ISLAGIATT tours if I can possibly avoid it...give me enough time and I eventually catch on... :rotflmao:

:D Precisely !! Also room for a Keg off the back and a espresso machine. Obviously irREVerent is a man of good taste ;)

Simple. There is an ABWD setting (all bogie wheel drive) which transfer power from the drive shaft to all 28 bogie wheels in the skid. Drop it into 'Double Low' and glide on through.

You think it'd make it under the Dorset bridges????

Dorset ?? Piece of Cake. Not fast, but no problem. It features an amphibious body not unlike the ARGO. One has the time to fix a martini whilst waving at the crowds outide the Fiery Grill. :D

After all those comments, irREVerent is always a #2 in my books :P :P :P :P

Archived