This Thursday and Friday. March 13th & 14th

Nunz

If anyone is looking to go riding please let me know, My wife is working and I am hoping to get out for some rides, I am thinking Giant's tombs possibly Thursday but am open to suggestions, Would like to stay with the Muskoka's if possible..

PM me or shoot me a message on the post if you are interested at all..

Nunz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hate to plan too far ahead, Nunz, but one of those days might be nice for running Lakes Muskoka, Rosseaiu and Joe.

PS: Your avatar is not showing up on my screen.

Thanks Blake, I cant figure whats wrong with my avatar, anytime I try and change my pic it says the picture is too big, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Nunz

I think the avatar image file has to be 50 k or smaller. I use Microsoft Picture Manager to resize and compress my image until I get down to that size.

My wife and I would like to head out to Giant's Tomb Thursday, if you're still planning the ride.

The plan is for Moosifier and I to ride from home to giants tomb Thursday. All are welcome.

That's great OF7. You'll be coming across from Lake Simcoe.

I hope to hear from Nunz re: plans, if any.

Wife's work colleague got turned around enroute to the ice caves due to overheating on a rainy day. Wonder what the ice will be like on Thursday? Only 1 cm snow forecast for tomorrow and another 1 cm Thurs. Cold 'tho on Thursday. Should be fine, but if anyone is up there with local knowledge, appreciate input.

I have a feeling we'll meet up one way or another, Moosifer and OF7.

Is Moosifer towing Sledjunk in a caboose? :icon_tinykitball::-P

Are you guys going through Orillia off Couch onto the railbed to midland?  If so, what time do you figure you would be on the railbed near the truck parking area?  I am hoping we can make it out on Thursday.  Would be neat to meet some of you finally.

That's great OF7. You'll be coming across from Lake Simcoe.

I hope to hear from Nunz re: plans, if any.

Wife's work colleague got turned around enroute to the ice caves due to overheating on a rainy day. Wonder what the ice will be like on Thursday? Only 1 cm snow forecast for tomorrow and another 1 cm Thurs. Cold 'tho on Thursday. Should be fine, but if anyone is up there with local knowledge, appreciate input.

I have a feeling we'll meet up one way or another, Moosifer and OF7.

Is Moosifer towing Sledjunk in a caboose? :icon_tinykitball::-P

I have been told by a friend on Moore Point in Honey Harbour that with the thaw of the last couple of days there is a lot of water on the ice in many places. It will likely refreeze tonight and make one solid sheet again but you would likely need studs and scractchers.It's getting back up well above freezing for Friday. Hope it works out for you.

If you do get out there I don't suggest you go in the caves. We were there a few weeks ago and significant cracks were already forming. Leading into last weekend there were warnings about the caves themselves becoming unsafe. You may go in one and come out or you may not... not a chance I would take at this time of year. If it comes down on you, you aren't coming out.

Thanks, We will not be going into the caves...

Nunz

Thanks, We will not be going into the caves...

Nunz

Smart. See some of us sledders still do use our brains. LOL If we aren't at the lot tomorrow morning to meet you guys. Have a nice one and enjoy it.

If anyone is sitting on the fence just to let you know we are meeting at Division and Carlyon Rd lot and plan on leaving at 9am, picking up a couple of more at Port Severn and a couple of more at Honey Harbour..

If interested just let me know or meet there..

So looking forward to meeting all of you..

Nunz

Going to be a great ride, see you all there tomorrow!

haha  Imagine the electronics that would be in SJ's caboose.. It would be jaw dropping :)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh what a winter storm we are having today!  Let it snow!!!!  Can't say it too loud here at work!  :)

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome sledding day!!!

I hear ya, I`m here at work in Innisfil laughing and all the guys are cursing the snow.....

Thanks, now I love to hear that you guys are getting the snow.  I was worried that it was just staying down here in Niagara.  We don't need it here!!!  We have the windmills and blowers going for you.  So she can head north.  LOL

I guess I should see you guys at 9:00am sharp!!!

I hear ya, I`m here at work in Innisfil laughing and all the guys are cursing the snow.....

Hmmmmmmmmm so you are taking a snow day tomorrow.  Good plan

No snow day needed, I get the next two days off to go play!!!!! Woot woot woot!!!

Boy I wish I wasn't working tonight because it sounds like a great ride. Everyone enjoy the ride and be safe.

RR

Is there a trail out from Awenda PP to the Tomb?

RR

Damn you guys!!!!  I have to work Friday.

Archived