Hey Groomer Guys?

Faceman

Not to worry the OFSC will always take care of us . Right?

HAHAHAAH good one! But seriously, how are we doing. I am wondering the same thingĀ 

I was hoping Greggie would be posting the latest news as he has good sources.

He has been very quiet lately, I hope he is okay.

I don't see how they can afford to pay all the grooming hours as advertised.

Virtually every club in Ontario is grooming constantly and many will likely be doing so well into April.

The increase in sales cannot possibly cover the amount of grooming being done.

This is only conjecture on my part, not based upon any real numbers.

The OFsC should say something soon to let Districts and Clubs know the financial situation.

Glad to see this topic posted again.

The gtsa has asked its clubs to cut back from the amount we were grooming. I'm not sure of exact dollar amounts but we are still goin

Sorry Aaron..but this is a real one. WB was making a point!

D5, been asked to only groom as necessary, keep tourism loops up. I have cut back what we are doing, it is easier right now because we haven't had much wind. After the warm spell, we got the trails groomed and they have held up nicely. I don't know how much money district has now, but they haven't told us to stop.

Faceman, I have heard rumblings grey bruce is not grooming due to funds, is there any truth to that?

The money is indeed running low for many. Lots of hours coupled with breakdowns will sure drain the pool. I haven't heard of anyone being told to stop but heard of think about does the trail really need it before you go out.

To say " it is going to be interesting how everything works out " is such an understatement.Ā  Alot of permits probably not entered into PTS yet so those numbers are not available. Clubs hopefully have put the 70% they owe the OFSC away and don't use that to pay bills. And what about that sock, how much will get pulled out of there?Ā  Ā What a season.

Time for the Province of Ontario to step up.

Ā 

Acknowledge the banner year for tourism, Ontario hotels/restaurants and the sales/service industry.Ā 

Ā 

Keep Ontario outdoors alive and connected.

I was hoping Greggie would be posting the latest news as he has good sources.

He has been very quiet lately, I hope he is okay.

I don't see how they can afford to pay all the grooming hours as advertised.

Virtually every club in Ontario is grooming constantly and many will likely be doing so well into April.

The increase in sales cannot possibly cover the amount of grooming being done.

This is only conjecture on my part, not based upon any real numbers.

The OFsC should say something soon to let Districts and Clubs know the financial situation.

Glad to see this topic posted again.

Ā 

I'm sure Greggie's doing just fine - according to the WC web sit he's vacationing in Mexico.

Time for the Province of Ontario to step up.

Ā 

Acknowledge the banner year for tourism, Ontario hotels/restaurants and the sales/service industry.Ā 

Ā 

Keep Ontario outdoors alive and connected.

I agree. Ā I put on about 3000 kms on 2 sleds this year. Ā I figure my cost about 0.30 for oil and gas. Ā That is $900 in two months plus a bit that I have contributed to the local gas tax fund etc... Ā Multiply that by 40,000+ sleds is about $36,000,000 in gas and oil used in two months (What % covers road tax, Ā am not sure.)

I have some recourses and yes the permit sales is good this year, I guess that we will get a little more then $1,000,000 more permit sales this year then forecasted in ffc. That means that about 25% of that goes to the OFSC and about $700,000 is left for clubs. That divided by about 230 clubs and that is about $3000 for every club. We sold about 5000 more classic permits.

Last week, the OFSC wanted from all the groomers the grooming hours to do the March 15 payment. We know that most clubs have lots of grooming hours. I know that District 1 has already 10500 grooming hours and we expect another 3500 before the season is finished. In ffc our budget was 7000, so we will groom double the hours. As I said earlier, don't expect lots of money from ffc but everything helps. Lots of clubs in the south will be broke at the end of the season.

Yes I am in Mexici, will be back Saturday.

Reporting of PTS is possible, end last week we received an email that it was up. So every club can check not their permit status.

Thanks,

Greg

Yes I am in Mexici, will be back Saturday.

Reporting of PTS is possible, end last week we received an email that it was up. So every club can check not their permit status.

Thanks,

Greg

How are the trails there?

D9 budgeted on 8700 hrs, now over 13200

Archived