zrtkat is back in Ontario ,Cochrane

zrtkat

good evening from Cochrane we had a long day today a very cold morning thats for sure ,we started out around 9am heading towards LA Sarre we stopped in Amos for gas well that turned into a project , had to backtrack to amos for gas ,but I figured better to be safe.Val-DortoCochrane004_zps2d91f68d.jpg

Val-DortoCochrane008_zpsec3e2423.jpg

After we fueled in Amos our next fuel stop will be Dupuy and that will get us to Cochrane
Val-DortoCochrane001_zps735e5725.jpg

well we made it to fuel we have been riding all day never did stop for coffee ,never took my helmet off all day we where riding ,we hit the A105Q heading towards Cochrane ,the trail is straight and fast I was freezing had to slow down to warm up well anyways we made it to cochrane around 7 pm .

we are relaxing after a great dinner zrtkat is going to get fat eating all this good food he will not be able to fit into his bibs soon LOL.

zrtkat has his pajams on going to bed and get ready for riding to hearst tommorrow
will up-date tommorrow eve from hearst
zrtkatand crew
I give up with photobucket will only post pics sometimes

Val-DortoCochrane006_zps591bc723.jpg[/url]

Val-DortoCochrane011_zps94d3425a.jpg[/url]

Val-DortoCochrane013_zpsb8764f6f.jpg[/url]

Hi zrtkat.  How many miles did you ride today?  Leaf

Hi Leaf. We eneded up riding around 260 miles today. Lots of back tracking in and around Amos trying to find gas.

zrtkat

when i click on one of your non-pic i get into your photo bucket & get to see all your pics,may want to change that

zrtkat

when i click on one of your non-pic i get into your photo bucket & get to see all your pics,may want to change that

thanks glen

what are doing up so late???????

it was a pleasure riding with you and Bill we had a fun day to Val-Dor

how did your day end up ??????

where are you guys at this morning

we are just getting up going down for coffee

Greg

thanks glen

what are doing up so late???????

it was a pleasure riding with you and Bill we had a fun day to Val-Dor

how did your day end up ??????

where are you guys at this morning

we are just getting up going down for coffee

Greg

had to post pics & report before i sleep..we had a great ride back to NB.we packed up & headed home..don't know how you guys can ride for 8 days straight...was nice nice meetin  riding with you guys,hope to do it again...be safe

had to post pics & report before i sleep..we had a great ride back to NB.we packed up & headed home..don't know how you guys can ride for 8 days straight...was nice nice meetin  riding with you guys,hope to do it again...be safe

Glen

we are getting a late start this morning just had breakfast going to start getting ready to go

not too long of a day to hearst I think 195 miles

we are getting later starts every day

no one riding here in Cochrane we are the only ones in hotel

should have a great day

will up-date later

that aol is screwing up my pictures on my post

will use google chrome tonight

have a great day

Greg

Thanks for the updates Greg, We will be up there Sunday afternoon, Hoping to have dinner with Andre and his wife, really looking forward to the trip..

Take care and enjoy the rest of your trip..

Nunz

How _ in _ the _ world are you able to just ride right down that R/R grade (?) when that stuff on both sides is there?

Does that not just scream at you when riding past?

Crickie - we can't git past that stuff - even when we put our blinders on!

Val-DortoCochrane011_zps94d3425a.jpg

Hey Ox that sounds like work getting stuck LOL. less gas to get too Cochrane

ask bill..eh greg ?

ask bill..eh greg ?

Glen thats for sure LOL

that gets you heated up quick pulling the sled out of the ditch and you learn a good lesson about staying on the trail lol.

Greg

Greg, we stopped at that little shelter south of Amos on our trip a few years back. Glad you guys are having fun.

Rev

(Reporting from Huntsville)

Greg, we stopped at that little shelter south of Amos on our trip a few years back. Glad you guys are having fun.

Rev

(Reporting from Huntsville)

Thanks Revrnd we are having a great time couple days left winding down our trip

zrtkat bottomside is starting to hurt LOL.

its getting colder as we ride when I put my heated seat on and cannot feel it

Greg

No worries - I got 20 gal.  :nana:

C'mon, we saw the forecast tonight for the Corridor & the temps looked pleasant. I remember -29*C in Hornepayne pushing a sled trying to free up the track.

Did you stay at North Adventure Inn? If you did,what did you think of it?

Polaris 1

I think that was the last time we will be staying there , the place is run down we had the rooms upstairs with the loft and fireplace, The food was excellant Brad is a good cook,that was the only positive experience about staying there.

Next year we are going to be looking for a better place to stay ,for the price we paid it was not worth it.

hope this helps

Greg

We have stayed at several of the hotels in Cochrane; NAI, Chimo, Westsomething Inn and the Thriftlodge.  All of them are okay.  We typically choose the Thriftlodge.  Hot tub, and a restaurant out in front yet you can walk to JR's if you want.

Thanks zrtcat,that was kind of the feelings we had last time there.Brads not only a great cook,he's a great guy.I've stayed at the NAI more times than I could count,it's gradually gone downhill over the years.Will be passing through there twice in 2 weeks,will stay at the old faithful Westway once and NAI once.May be my last at NAI,we'll see how it goes.

Is there enough business in Cochrane to support all these places?

Does the rail support these that much?

Is the ice road along the hydro out of Fraserdale still open for mine traffic yet? 

Or does all that go up the rail these days?

I know they were talking about maintaining it all the way down to hwy 11 at first. 

???

20 yrs ago I think the only place to stay would have been the older place on the road heading S out of town?

Then NAI and Chimo just in a cpl yrs, and then it sounds like a cpl more have went in yet too. 

???

Lots of mining opening up in the area.

Thanks zrtcat,that was kind of the feelings we had last time there.Brads not only a great cook,he's a great guy.I've stayed at the NAI more times than I could count,it's gradually gone downhill over the years.Will be passing through there twice in 2 weeks,will stay at the old faithful Westway once and NAI once.May be my last at NAI,we'll see how it goes.

Polaris1

let me know where you stay and if you like it ,will be looking for a new place in Cochrane to stay,I did see a motel right next to Tim Hortons ,do not know anything about it ,someone will chime in on a good place to stay

Greg

We have stayed at several of the hotels in Cochrane; NAI, Chimo, Westsomething Inn and the Thriftlodge.  All of them are okay.  We typically choose the Thriftlodge.  Hot tub, and a restaurant out in front yet you can walk to JR's if you want.

thanks AkronOrange

will check out the triftlodge next time

greg

Archived