Doonut's unofficial OC.com Muskoka Lakes Tour

Doonut

Ya doonut, this is sounding very organized to me. :wtf: ........................LOL......just kidding, don't get mad

:curse:

I agree with Evil. There should be a limited liability form, a declaration, proof of ownership, insurance, valtags and permits; a waiver ( :wavey: ) (thanks, Slomo), an unconditional release (haven't had one since I was 22), a registration form (press hard, you're making 5 copies - canary copy to payables), a mechanic's verification of sled safety certification, $12.00 for STG's lunch (charitable donation receipt issued for that portion of your payment that does not defer costs, a notary's sworn statement of clear title to the sled, trail-side rosary, a generally accepted credit card with clear limit equal to but not less than the average spending over the immediately previous 15 months prorated to a consecutive 3 days, a current last will and testament, living will, power of attorney, and specifically, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, a skiboose containg two (2) lawyers (current LSUC in good standing) - one to watch the other while the other watches you while the other watches the other watching you.

It might be best to assemble at 0700 hours if you want to depart at 10:00. :P :P

It's gotta be the caffine :wtf:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya doonut, this is sounding very organized to me. :wtf: ........................LOL......just kidding, don't get mad

:curse:

I agree with Evil. There should be a limited liability form, a declaration, proof of ownership, insurance, valtags and permits; a waiver ( :wavey: ) (thanks, Slomo), an unconditional release (haven't had one since I was 22), a registration form (press hard, you're making 5 copies - canary copy to payables), a mechanic's verification of sled safety certification, $12.00 for STG's lunch (charitable donation receipt issued for that portion of your payment that does not defer costs, a notary's sworn statement of clear title to the sled, trail-side rosary, a generally accepted credit card with clear limit equal to but not less than the average spending over the immediately previous 15 months prorated to a consecutive 3 days, a current last will and testament, living will, power of attorney, and specifically, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, a skiboose containg two (2) lawyers (current LSUC in good standing) - one to watch the other while the other watches you while the other watches the other watching you.

It might be best to assemble at 0700 hours if you want to depart at 10:00. :P :P

It's gotta be the caffine :wtf:

Somebody spiked his Warfarin ;)

As with any "organized event", there comes certain risk to the organizer.That's the reason I carry a 3 million dollar personal liability umbrella insurance policy. It comes with the wisdom of running high performance boat poker runs for over 10 years.

Oh, and I own a good shovel and have an intimate knowledge of some good off trail areas where the body will never be found. :) Well, maybe by some winter hungry wolves :o

I would like to ride with you all, I am not sure where the Wharf is, I know the stagging area just off the hi-way at the park, but have not been in the area for a few years. Can someone provide directions, please.

Thanks

4my

I would like to ride with you all, I am not sure where the Wharf is, I know the stagging area just off the hi-way at the park, but have not been in the area for a few years. Can someone provide directions, please.

Thanks

4my

Instead of turning right into the staging area at Gull Lake park, turn LEFT at the same lights and follow it thru town. It passes right by the warf and becomes 169 north. The Wharf staging area is the first right past Boston Pizza.

Travel Advisory - Gravenhurst

If you are male and intending to take a dump at the Tim Hortons in town (or have shy children) be advised that the cubicle walls around the toilet have been torn down for some inexplicable reason. Other facilities should be considered.

It is also not too early to begin pre-planning for spring/summer seasonal hiring at this establishment (end of April/May) whereupon it takes a few weeks for the staff to adjust to operational procedures. Anticipate long line ups and snafued orders.

-end

Travel Advisory - Gravenhurst

If you are male and intending to take a dump at the Tim Hortons in town (or have shy children) be advised that the cubicle walls around the toilet have been torn down for some inexplicable reason. Other facilities should be considered.

It is also not too early to begin pre-planning for spring/summer seasonal hiring at this establishment (end of April/May) whereupon it takes a few weeks for the staff to adjust to operational procedures. Anticipate long line ups and snafued orders.

-end

Thats just wrong !

The first error was stopping at a Tim's. :P :P

Slomo, carry on a little further up the highway to the Skyway's where they have real coffee and food. You'll be glad you did.

The coffee shop in Gravenhurst, right across from Canadian Tire gas bar is great.

It may, in fact, be Skyways...

I only know it as "the coffee shop across from Canadian Tire".

The coffee shop in Gravenhurst, right across from Canadian Tire gas bar is great.

It's a different one, but also preferable to Tim's.

Skyway's is on the highway north of town; close to the Muskoka Airport. Good place to stop.

The coffee shop in Gravenhurst across from the Canadian Tire gas bar is across from the Canadian Tire gas bar. ;)

Well didn't affect me personally, but figured it was good for other people to know. Usually stop at Olivers (or is it Roberts?) across from the Can Tire gas bar, but on the drive up got a sudden vision of a boston cream donut... If I'm up the way of the airport will remember Skyway's but a little off my normal route.

Well didn't affect me personally, but figured it was good for other people to know. Usually stop at Olivers (or is it Roberts?) across from the Can Tire gas bar, but on the drive up got a sudden vision of a boston cream donut... If I'm up the way of the airport will remember Skyway's but a little off my normal route.

I still call it Olivers. But it is best known now (after this thread) as the place across from the Canadian Tire Gas Bar.

I still call it Olivers. But it is best known now (after this thread) as the place across from the Canadian Tire Gas Bar.

We still refer to it as the Gag and Puke from its days as the really greasy GP's burger joint.

It's a different one, but also preferable to Tim's.

Skyway's is on the highway north of town; close to the Muskoka Airport. Good place to stop.

The coffee shop in Gravenhurst across from the Canadian Tire gas bar is across from the Canadian Tire gas bar. ;)

The garlic bread with cheese was always good at Skyways!

But it is best known now (after this thread) as the place across from the Canadian Tire Gas Bar.

And you will hereinafter be called:

"he who cannot be named"

(Harry Potter)

:lol:

We still refer to it as the Gag and Puke from its days as the really greasy GP's burger joint.

LOL Doonut.

It used to be called the Burg and Blizzard in the late 70s early 80s. My Dad once ordered a Blizzard and they didn't know what it was so he had to stand over their shoulder and explain how to make very thick Milkshake.

WBS

How many miles do you intend to ride? What is the ice like in the area? Haven't been up at all, since we have so much snow in the south this year. How far will you be riding before you stop for fuel? Is this located at 100 wharp road that runs to musoka bay just off highway 169? I see that road goes right to the lake? Looking on my gps, but it couldn't find boston pizza in gravenhurst? How fast will this group be riding? Reason I ask I would bring my gf and she would have my dad's snowmobile. She doesn't drive slow, just not wide open all day.

Thanks

Steve

How many will be needing a hotel in Gravenhurst Friday and/or Saturday night? Some have already booked into the Hojo ... wondering if there's enough of us if we can get a group rate?!?!? From what I know there are at least three rooms already.

PM me and I'll see what I can doo!

I'm booked into the HOJO ... and there's only one room left for Saturday night. If you're looking at booking, better do it now!

See everyone Friday night or Saturday at the ride!

:wavey:

My truck is down, but I have an appointment for it to see the doctor tomorrow. So hopefully I will be there. I have a friend who is a little short on cash this year, he has a sled but has not ridden all year. I have not told him about the ride, however are we going to cross or ride any OFSC trails. If we are I will not mention anything to him, however if not would anyone mind if he tags along. He loves to ride but really could not swing the cash this year.

Archived