Doonut's unofficial OC.com Muskoka Lakes Tour

Doonut

Well folks, it looks like Mother Nature is going to co operate this year and allow for a Big 3 Lakes tour and trip to the Rosseau ice caves.

Plans would be for a meet up at Boston Pizza at the Wharf in Gravenhurst ( there's a large parking lot for off loading/ staging right there ) at 9am Saturday March 15th.Depart Ghurst at 10am. A leisurely trip up Lake Muskoka to Lakes Joseph and Rosseau and the ice caves followed by lunch at the world famous Bass Lake House. After lunch could include some trail riding, more lake running or for those interested, a trip through Doonut's secret playground( off trail and amazing ) before returning to Boston Pizza or Chez Doonut for some socializing ( these options can all be discussed over some fine chicken wings and the best onion rings in Muskoka) Its only a 10 minute run from CD back to Boston Pizza to end the day. If its timed right, an early dinner at BP could also be a possibility.

Keep an eye on this thread (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1285 )for further info about ice and snow conditions as I will be up at the shack all next week and will be reporting to the Mouse so he can post it here.

So, lets see a show of hands. Who's interested in tripping the big lakes?

Hotel Number and information in Gravenhurst

705-687-7707

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a GREAT trip the last time we did it. Would love to doo it again. I see the plan is to meet at 0900. When is departure?

If departure from BP is more like 1100, you can count on a Krowd from Kahshe. Whaddya think?

Really enjoyed the last tour ... will definitely be there if ice and trail conditions permit!

(As long as we don't have to sign waivers!)

I'm in as well....as is the other slomo in the 'central' section of the forum. Here is my signed waver..... :wavey:

If departure from BP is more like 1100, you can count on a Krowd from Kahshe. Whaddya think?

We can practise synchronized snowmobiling maneuvers while we wait.... :D

It was a GREAT trip the last time we did it. Would love to doo it again. I see the plan is to meet at 0900. When is departure?

1100 is a little late don't ya think. It will take 2 to 3 hrs to gather, discuss,depart, tour the lakes and then head to lunch. an 11am departure makes lunch not untill 2pm or later. Hows about a compromise "old mouse"? 10am departure. You can drag your furry butt out of bed and make Gravenhurst by 10 can't ya?

Sounds like a great day!!

Unfortunately, we cant come up this weekend. It would have been a great chance to meet a bunch of you.

I am very Interested in the Ice Caves.. never heard of them... More information would be much appreciated. Location, Description Etc....

Have a Great Time!!

WBS

I'm in as well....as is the other slomo in the 'central' section of the forum. Here is my signed waver..... :wavey:

Too Funny :lol:

We can practise synchronized snowmobiling maneuvers while we wait.... :D

Hope somebody takes a video - I'd like to see that ! :D

We would love to join this crowd for this Adventure - however - I am grounded at the moment :(

Truck problems (transfer case encoder motor) :o will not allow me to haul the trailer anywhere until sometime next week I'm afraid. Too bad it wasn't closer that we could sled over. Hope you have a great day!!!

:wavey:

We would love to join this crowd for this Adventure - however - I am grounded at the moment :(

Truck problems (transfer case encoder motor) :o will not allow me to haul the trailer anywhere until sometime next week I'm afraid. Too bad it wasn't closer that we could sled over. Hope you have a great day!!!

:wavey:

BlondeMoment.jpg

It was just pointed out to me that the 15th IS next week!

I will discuss this with Mr. Giddy and see if we can make it then!!!

it only takes a few minutes to swap an encoder motor. Should be up and running later today if they have parts Giddy.

it only takes a few minutes to swap an encoder motor. Should be up and running later today if they have parts Giddy.

Actually a little more complicated than that - the truck is on lease - the lease is coming up - negotiating new vehicle - new vehicle here maybe Friday or Saturday so we can't commit to taking it anywhere this weekend..yadda...yadda...yadda. However - that is a non-issue as it was pointed out that the ride is NEXT weekend anyway :D

See what happens when you are retired? You completed lose track of all dates and times!!!! :wavey:

See what happens when you are retired? You completed lose track of all dates and times!!!! :wavey:

Who cares about dates and times - can I see a picture of that blond again ;)

Who cares about dates and times - can I see a picture of that blond again ;)

For You STG - Anything!!! Here you go!

curly_coat_pig_1sfw.jpg

I have been hoping this would come up this year.I will be in on this for sure.

I used to know the lakes quite well but that was long ago.

Do you also hit Toblin Island?I think that the name,its due east of town docks at Rosseau.There is always lots of deer and wolfs on it.

Also was wondering when you said you had to check the raod riding between Joe+Rosseau where you go?We used to go just north of little joe river,jump on the road and head east for 1/2 mile and down through a cottage onto Rosseau.Is this the same route?I can't remember to much road though,but thats not saying much this days. :oops:

I hope it works out to be a beautiful sunny day!Can't wait!!

What a pig ! :P

It's a cross-over sheep ~!

I knew you'd like it STG!!! :wavey:

I have been hoping this would come up this year.I will be in on this for sure.

I used to know the lakes quite well but that was long ago.

Do you also hit Toblin Island?I think that the name,its due east of town docks at Rosseau.There is always lots of deer and wolfs on it.

Also was wondering when you said you had to check the raod riding between Joe+Rosseau where you go?We used to go just north of little joe river,jump on the road and head east for 1/2 mile and down through a cottage onto Rosseau.Is this the same route?I can't remember to much road though,but thats not saying much this days. :oops:

I hope it works out to be a beautiful sunny day!Can't wait!!

HM, the road running I speak of is between North Bay on Muskoka and Lake Joe just west of Port Sandfield. Crossing from Joe to rosseau is easy. You just run under the bridge at Sandfield ( no, not in the water ) :)

Tobin Island is the large island situated in the lower half of the lake between Minett and Windermere. Not sure of many islands near the town of Rosseau

Hey Scott.. Emmerich and I are gonna come too.. I was talking to Scott at Syndey's and he said we could have a trailside BBQ that weekend if possible. Will we be riding any deep snow on your ride?

Hey Rick, the BBQ at Sydney's is sort of WAY out of the way from the intended route. If Scott wants to bring his BBQ to my place and make dinner for us, thats a possibility I guess.

We can maybe find some deep snow for ya if ya want :) It all depends on how much new snow happens between mondays rain and the 15th.

PS, if you bring that nitro, I wanna test ride it :)

Really enjoyed the last tour ... will definitely be there if ice and trail conditions permit!

(As long as we don't have to sign waivers!)

Ya doonut, this is sounding very organized to me. :wtf: ........................LOL......just kidding, don't get mad

:curse:

Maple.........like the new avatar............it's more like you than the last! :wavey:

Maple.........like the new avatar............it's more like you than the last! :wavey:

Thanks ... I thought it was cool.

(Are you really sure the last one wasn't like me?!?!?)

Thanks ... I thought it was cool.

(Are you really sure the last one wasn't like me?!?!?)

I liked the last one :right_on::right_on:

Ya doonut, this is sounding very organized to me. :wtf: ........................LOL......just kidding, don't get mad

:curse:

I agree with Evil. There should be a limited liability form, a declaration, proof of ownership, insurance, valtags and permits; a waiver ( :wavey: ) (thanks, Slomo), an unconditional release (haven't had one since I was 22), a registration form (press hard, you're making 5 copies - canary copy to payables), a mechanic's verification of sled safety certification, $12.00 for STG's lunch (charitable donation receipt issued for that portion of your payment that does not defer costs, a notary's sworn statement of clear title to the sled, trail-side rosary, a generally accepted credit card with clear limit equal to but not less than the average spending over the immediately previous 15 months prorated to a consecutive 3 days, a current last will and testament, living will, power of attorney, and specifically, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, a skiboose containg two (2) lawyers (current LSUC in good standing) - one to watch the other while the other watches you while the other watches the other watching you.

It might be best to assemble at 0700 hours if you want to depart at 10:00. :P :P

Archived