Bracebridge

Redfisher

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Redfisher. If you check out the thread called Snowcrest Trails 2013-2014, started Dec 23., you will see a bit of an update from yesterday.

A few minutes ago I drove my truck along Winhara Road beside the D trail but I could not tell whether the groomer has been out since yesterday at noon. I'm not familiar with grooming protocols, but unless the D was groomed yesterday, it would still have adequate snow but be rock hard now with yesterday's bumps still in place.

Hi bud.. I was out a couple of days ago and the trails were in excellent condition .. We did Huntsville to bracebridge no problem areas at all..

we rode bracebridge to pt sydney and north up D from there and the trails are awsome to say the least ,everyone groomed last night ,with the cold the trails should stay together nicely , north on D above pt sydney were it is listed red is very minty ,it should be green in my book ,did 200 ks today 

- 15 and sunny ,its as good as it gets 

thats great news...cabin fever is starting to set in...i gotta get out there

was going to ride dorset, but they haven't groomed for past couple of days! definetely heading over to port sydney!

here is a couple pics of the trails 
post-19825-0-10571900-1388440216_thumb.jpgpost-19825-0-75252700-1388440252_thumb.jpg

we rode bracebridge to pt sydney and north up D from there and the trails are awsome to say the least ,everyone groomed last night ,with the cold the trails should stay together nicely , north on D above pt sydney were it is listed red is very minty ,it should be green in my book ,did 200 ks today 

- 15 and sunny ,its as good as it gets 

agreed....I got the word into HGR this afternoon and they finally got them updated on OFSC site....the HGR site was actually already updated back on friday but they never got the word in to the interactive site apparently.

I will be out friday and this weekend for sure getting some breakin miles on the new 800x.

Dan

Thanks MM, if only we knew that on Sunday would have made the ride to Port Sydney instead of stopping just north of Bracebridge.

Are there any good spots to eat in pt Sydney. We stopped at Crabby Joe's and the service was pretty damn slow,

To quantify, I believe it was a little over fifty minutes until the waitress took our food order. In total we were in the joint for about two hours, which is a little long for a cheeseburger or some wings. Good thing we were with a good bunch of guys and had stuff to talk about.

To quantify, I believe it was a little over fifty minutes until the waitress took our food order. In total we were in the joint for about two hours, which is a little long for a cheeseburger or some wings. Good thing we were with a good bunch of guys and had stuff to talk about.

This isnot as it should be we were treated like that and worse at the Bay Street cafe last summer now karma has blessed them with Boston Pizza as a nieghbour 

You could try Pine Lodge inn , in front of Mary Lk ,never ate there but have heard good things ,maybe Rockerdan may chime in on that , you can 

now get to the seguin trail up D from BB , the red that is showing now is a little 1 k rough spot (swamp)just before the seguin but it is beat down and safe to pass , all the D trail in the Du ya wanna area is fantastic ,hats off to them as that area is rough going ,calling for snow squalls today and -20 tonight ,That will be the icing on the cake ,Its time boys ,Im behaving tonight so I can ride tommorow ,heading from Pt Sydney to Kearney and back

Good Morning, planning on taking a run out to Dorset tommorrow from Huntsville, anyone have any idea if Mary Lake has been staked yet?

Thanks

Nunz

no staking ,looked yesterday around 3 or so ,maybe the cold temps coming this week will do it ,waiting also as i come from the west side wanting to head to baysville 

crabby joes is the worst at BB.

All the staff has the same problem as Rob Ford :lmao: 

just a reminder for anyone wanting to run D in the pt sydney area Smiths Gulf does not  have gas until they rebuild for the spring season

just a reminder for anyone wanting to run D in the pt sydney area Smiths Gulf does not  have gas until they rebuild for the spring season

darn!

Good Morning, planning on taking a run out to Dorset tommorrow from Huntsville, anyone have any idea if Mary Lake has been staked yet?

Thanks

Nunz

No staking yet by HGR in Port........we have been testing holes at my end last week(north end of mary lake) and once the slush ontop froze up we had over 8" thick in total of a mix of 4'' good blue ice and 4" white ice(frozen slush).   We have set tracks down on the north east shoreline from westpoint sands rd beach where we are, to MBC where we get off and run up MBC beach and then up HOOD RD to get onto our local HGR 52 trail.  

I have been away for a few days but I know there are now tracks running down the lake towrd port.  Im sure friday when i get out we will be running down to port along the east shoreline which froze earlier then the middle deep area infront of crown.   I would bet they will be close to staking it by this weekend with the cold temps.  

The bad part about no staking on the d103b lake trail across mary lake is having to run the entire road thru port sydney which is nearly always pavement. With so much worry about liability HGR had to install a gate and fence a few yrs ago where d103b comes to port sydney rd, to stop boneheads from going down onto the lake before it was staked/safe.  For us locals who live on the lake and actually measure it before we go on it, this really sucked cause we hate having to run the rd thru port.  But HGR does a damn good job of getting down there and staking it really early as ice thickness allows, and it is best for those who dont know the lake as we do.

Ill post up when the lake trail opens, as many times it can open days before the site is updated.   

here is HGR local site conditions page which many times updates faster then OFSC site.

http://www.hgrsnowmobileclub.on.ca/conditions.html

Since ultramar burned seems there is not much to stop for or eat around port....i know we usually ride either to sprucedale, or bracebridge or boston pizza at muskoka warf for eats...There is a small cafe in port sydney that i believe is open for lunch only(used to be stevens tea room) and i think the sign said opening jan 2nd??   Its a small cafe right on the trail in port sydney for lunches. Its located on D trail just north of 56 jct.  Where D trail crosses muskoka 10/port sydney rd just east of where that exit is off hwy 11.  The trail is 50 feet off their parking lot, they usually have a small groomed trail from the D trail to their lot, dont even need to run the rd.  Hope they reopen after new yrs cause its a nice small local spot for lunch and cheap too..very tiny, its a old viceroy home a think, lol.

Dan

All the staff has the same problem as Rob Ford :lmao: 

Ironic....we went to crabby joes in Huntsville a few times and same thing, waited near an hour to order every time!   never went back since!  

Must be their policy, make them wait!  lol

Dan

No staking yet by HGR in Port........we have been testing holes at my end last week(north end of mary lake) and once the slush ontop froze up we had over 8" thick in total of a mix of 4'' good blue ice and 4" white ice(frozen slush).   We have set tracks down on the north east shoreline from westpoint sands rd beach where we are, to MBC where we get off and run up MBC beach and then up HOOD RD to get onto our local HGR 52 trail.  

I have been away for a few days but I know there are now tracks running down the lake towrd port.  Im sure friday when i get out we will be running down to port along the east shoreline which froze earlier then the middle deep area infront of crown.   I would bet they will be close to staking it by this weekend with the cold temps.  

The bad part about no staking on the d103b lake trail across mary lake is having to run the entire road thru port sydney which is nearly always pavement. With so much worry about liability HGR had to install a gate and fence a few yrs ago where d103b comes to port sydney rd, to stop boneheads from going down onto the lake before it was staked/safe.  For us locals who live on the lake and actually measure it before we go on it, this really sucked cause we hate having to run the rd thru port.  But HGR does a damn good job of getting down there and staking it really early as ice thickness allows, and it is best for those who dont know the lake as we do.

Ill post up when the lake trail opens, as many times it can open days before the site is updated.   

here is HGR local site conditions page which many times updates faster then OFSC site.

http://www.hgrsnowmobileclub.on.ca/conditions.html

Since ultramar burned seems there is not much to stop for or eat around port....i know we usually ride either to sprucedale, or bracebridge or boston pizza at muskoka warf for eats...There is a small cafe in port sydney that i believe is open for lunch only(used to be stevens tea room) and i think the sign said opening jan 2nd??   Its a small cafe right on the trail in port sydney for lunches. Its located on D trail just north of 56 jct.  Where D trail crosses muskoka 10/port sydney rd just east of where that exit is off hwy 11.  The trail is 50 feet off their parking lot, they usually have a small groomed trail from the D trail to their lot, dont even need to run the rd.  Hope they reopen after new yrs cause its a nice small local spot for lunch and cheap too..very tiny, its a old viceroy home a think, lol.

Dan

Dan, My in-laws used to own the Stevens Tea Room in the 1980's....Don and Elaine..

Thanks for the update....Hope to see you out there soon

Nunzio

Kelseys in Huntsville is always quick. So is East Side Mario's.

Huntsville is also one of the least snowmobile welcome towns I know. They make it hell for sledders

Archived