Bracebridge

Redfisher

Thanks for stopping in there Blake...I go by there all the time and never even thought it was open!  LOL

On D trail heading north, after you go under the hwy 11 overpass at port sydney rd exit....when you cross the next small rd(pinestead rd) on D trail(heading northward on D) You will see the small Cafe(which is open now for lunch).  You can pull into their parking lot, then onto Port sydney rd(take a left out of their lot) and go about 200ft to intersection of greer rd/port sydney rd.  Go left(north)onto greer rd down a few hundred feet and cross greer rd. into mary lake motors for the gas.   

I found my photos from yesterday. The place does look a little out of fashion, but they're definitely open!

I was thinking their gas turnover might be ok, given that they're the only station in town, and near a fairly busy intersection.

post-22473-0-42566400-1389820009_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-09997100-1389820273_thumb.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to know about the above gas station. Thanks!

I ride Nytro owner who bemoans the small gas tank Yamaha chose for that model.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but a reminder that there is a source of weekend food in Port Sydney across South Mary Lake Road from the rebuilding Ultramar. Aside from the Foodland store, there is Henrietta's Pine Bakery in the nearby plaza. It's small and only opened mid-day hours fromThursday to Sunday. There was a Henrietta's Pine Bakery in Dwight a few years ago, and the product was excellent. (Not sure if the Dwight outlet still exists.)

post-22473-0-55836200-1389821406_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-86182700-1389821444_thumb.jpg

I found my photos from yesterday. The place does look a little out of fashion, but they're definitely open!

I was thinking their gas turnover might be ok, given that they're the only station in town, and near a fairly busy intersection.

attachicon.gif20140114_132918.jpg

attachicon.gif20140114_132824.jpg

Okay, help me here.  I know where the little bakery is across from the Ultramar (burned down).  I know where the little cafe is also (been there  a few times).  But, is the gas station the one which is near the old Pump and Barrel?  If so than I am thinking that station would be kind of between the old Pump and Barrel and the cafe?  Am I right on this guess?  

Also thanks for posting the hours that works great for us seeing as we ride generally Monday to Wednesday anymore.

That is correct. Between the old Pump and Barrel and the V.K.Greer Public School. At Greer Road and Ross Road, just north of Muskoka Road 10.

If you switch the Interactive Trail Guide base map to ROADS, and zoom right in, you will see an icon showing the accurate location of Mary Lake Motors. The HYBRID view shown below has an arrow pointing at the building.

Click to enlarge.

post-22473-0-97703100-1389824403_thumb.jpg

Hi Blake. Yes Henrietta's is still open in Dwight. It's a great little bakery located on hwy 60 and open from Thursday to Sunday. Leaf

Archived