Bracebridge

Redfisher

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rode Dorset to Huntsville and back yesterday and today, despite the very cold temps. Around baysville area yesterday I was the first person on the freshly groomed trails. They were unbelivable. But then, into HGR d102b from baysville to huntsvillle was horrendous. Now today, HGR groomed last night and the trail was spectacular, and Baysville had deteriorated quite significantly overnight... It will be crazy busy this weekend, there was a decent amount of traffic today. Expecting trails to be quite beat up by Sat night. 

Sitting in the hotel now, Going for a run over to gravenhurst tonight for wings.

Should be fun!

Rode Dorset to Huntsville and back yesterday and today, despite the very cold temps. Around baysville area yesterday I was the first person on the freshly groomed trails. They were unbelivable. But then, into HGR d102b from baysville to huntsvillle was horrendous. Now today, HGR groomed last night and the trail was spectacular, and Baysville had deteriorated quite significantly overnight... It will be crazy busy this weekend, there was a decent amount of traffic today. Expecting trails to be quite beat up by Sat night. 

yeah it seems like a weekend due to the midweek new years holiday ect...lots of cottagers are up for the holiday so trails getting alot of pounding. I know HGR is one of the biggest permit sellers around muskoka.

I see they went green mostly on interactive guide so 102 is better now for sure...

Ill be all over them sat and sunday, milder too so will get beat up but HGR typically grooms alot.

Dan

yeah it seems like a weekend due to the midweek new years holiday ect...lots of cottagers are up for the holiday so trails getting alot of pounding. I know HGR is one of the biggest permit sellers around muskoka.

I see they went green mostly on interactive guide so 102 is better now for sure...

Ill be all over them sat and sunday, milder too so will get beat up but HGR typically grooms alot.

Dan

D102B from 53 up is quite spectacular atm but there is one 500m spot where the groomer lifted up lots of gravel/ small rocks so watch out for that.  and yes, the trails are getting POUNDED. After 12hrs conditions went from unbelievable to very mediocre. 

going to busy this weekend in the Skokes , trails will be chewed by sunday ,might wait untill Mon

going to busy this weekend in the Skokes , trails will be chewed by sunday ,might wait untill Mon

Im always free for weekday rides too, as riding buds mostly are weekenders or working!

PM me!

Dan

I'm interested too, gents.

sounds good Dan , went around today by truck to beaver meadow road to the trail that goes east from the groomer building to have a look 

couldnt believe the conditions there , I thought i was in Cochrane for a minute , HGR rocks for sure ,going to hit that puppy soon as the lake is passable , maybe head down to the logging rds south of baysville 

sounds good Dan , went around today by truck to beaver meadow road to the trail that goes east from the groomer building to have a look 

couldnt believe the conditions there , I thought i was in Cochrane for a minute , HGR rocks for sure ,going to hit that puppy soon as the lake is passable , maybe head down to the logging rds south of baysville 

now that is great news!   I will be back tomorrow night finally cant wait!

Oh yeah, some of my fave running is below baysville on 102 before 45....that section of 102 is some serious wide hi speed running...its always hit n miss last few yrs with them down there, and its yellow at the moment but id say to hit that on a wed maybe, down to raven lake..nice run.

Dan

now that is great news!   I will be back tomorrow night finally cant wait!

Oh yeah, some of my fave running is below baysville on 102 before 45....that section of 102 is some serious wide hi speed running...its always hit n miss last few yrs with them down there, and its yellow at the moment but id say to hit that on a wed maybe, down to raven lake..nice run.

Dan

Rode that trail for the first time ever today on the way back from Huntsville. I could not believe it! Widest trail I have ever ridden, third person after the groomer, best snowmobiling in my two seasons! And I think HW's got a new groomer, because man are they great this year! Groomer has been out every second day, even on new years eve. The guy is awesome!

Neither could I! All around Happy Wanderers, Tall Pines, and HGR have all been amazing for this early in the season. 

Rode that trail for the first time ever today on the way back from Huntsville. I could not believe it! Widest trail I have ever ridden, third person after the groomer, best snowmobiling in my two seasons! And I think HW's got a new groomer, because man are they great this year! Groomer has been out every second day, even on new years eve. The guy is awesome!

New groomer for them would be awesome....i think everytime i ran down thru baysville it was broke down...lol

If this is true ill be running down there alot more this season, that is a wide road trail so its hard to not really roll on that one..haha

Dan

New groomer for them would be awesome....i think everytime i ran down thru baysville it was broke down...lol

If this is true ill be running down there alot more this season, that is a wide road trail so its hard to not really roll on that one..haha

Dan

everytime i ran through it this year it was mint!

Real cold again this morning at the Wellington Inn, Heading to Huntsville today.

-35 here

Another tenth of a degree colder and it'd be time for the Rodeo Song.

Went outside this morning at -35 and my van would hardly turn over...She started tho.. Drove down the street felt like no power steering and stone tires. My southern van does not like these temps for sure.

Went outside this morning at -35 and my van would hardly turn over...She started tho.. Drove down the street felt like no power steering and stone tires. My southern van does not like these temps for sure.

My 340 is almost impossible to pull! I thought it was seized...

Warm enough to sled again tomorrow!

Planning to head up the D from Gravenhurst between 8 and 9 some time. Hope to see some OC'ers on the trails. Look out for an old guy on a black two up Cat. Or maybe on a red GSX instead?

Rode that trail many times.  It just flat out rocks!!   We call it the Baysville express (main reason is our buddies from Baysville felt it was their trail)  LOL

Archived